pixeltracker

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates- Page 7

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates

jwlundgren91
#150Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/8/19 at 11:30am

cjmclaughlin10 said: "Great. About 10-15 mins away. Save me a spot! "

There are three in line including myself and the guy said there is one ticket left to sell before SRO.

Laurst21
#151Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/8/19 at 12:00pm

leighmiserables said: "cjmclaughlin10 said "If anyone could provide an update on SRO for today’s matinee, I would appreciate it. Not getting my hopes up and have backups I mind"

Not looking good -- had a friend rush today and he said that the only things they had left by the time he got up there were $249, partial-view seats for the evening show. Absolutely nothing for the matinee. Not sure if they'll have SRO later but I wouldn't get hopes up.
"

Do you know what time people got there that did end up getting rush tickets out of interest? 

bwayoutdoors
#152Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/8/19 at 1:05pm

jwlundgren91 said: "cjmclaughlin10 said: "Great. About 10-15 mins away. Save me a spot! "

There are three in line including myself and the guy said there is one ticket left to sell before SRO.

"

jwlundgren91 sent you a PM

Theatrefanboy1
#153Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/9/19 at 8:06am

How long can we expect this craze waiting for tickets here. Does anybody think it will die down by November after the summer rush. Or is it like another Hamilton/dear Evan Hansen/phantom

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#154Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/9/19 at 10:11am

Theatrefanboy1 said: "How long can we expect this craze waiting for tickets here. Does anybody think it will die down by November after the summer rush. Or is it like another Hamilton/dear Evan Hansen/phantom"

Its been sold as the next Dear Evan Hansen and Hamilton, but I think it will play similarly to a Pippin (2013 revival)  or Next to Normal.   Its not a bridge and tunnel musical, nor a tourist friendly musical, that is going to run for years. It will pack them in solidly for a year, then slowly taper off as the NYC Theater going elites see it and find a new obsession.  So I'd expect this to logically die down, by the fall or at latest Christmas. 

cyanmcf
#155Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/9/19 at 10:18am

I wanted to share an update on how to get SRO as standing room policies tend to vary from theater to theater. The box office sells tickets to people waiting in line about 5 minutes before showtime to be absolutely sure every seat in the theater is sold out (that includes last minute cancellations, which could impact your ability to get tix). I went to the theater yesterday (a Wednesday) at 5:45pm to ask about how to line up for SRO and how many tickets they usually give out. The spots are at the back of the orchestra and there are two sides - they don't always open up both sides. Each side can hold about 8 people. The show started at 7:30pm and when I arrived at 5:45pm I was third in line. The two people in front of me tried for SRO the day before (a Tuesday) and arrived at 6:15pm for a 7pm show and were 17th in line. You can buy up to two tickets. They don't allow you to choose where you stand, but if you are with someone you will most likely be standing next to them because there is only one box office window that sells the tickets and they give them out in order.

The view was great! There's not much of a ledge to lean on (like at Book of Mormon), it's more of a thin ballet-type bar that you can kind of lean on if you're careful not to intrude on the space of the people sitting in front of you. You can essentially see everything except the top of the stairs where people make their entrance/exit, but if you squat down you can see it. Apparently the lighting near the ceiling is a part of 'Wait For Me' and you can't see those light effects, but that's all you'll really miss.

Considering I only had to wait 1.5 hours for tickets versus almost 12 hours that people are now waiting for the rush line I would highly recommend it. If you try for SRO in the next few months there's probably a good chance the show will be sold-out and you'll get tickets.

I hope this information helps! Good luck to everyone.

alli2
#156Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/10/19 at 10:28am

Hi all - Haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to write about my experience yesterday on the SRO line.

My friend and I got to the box office around 5pm and debated buying the $100 tickets for a future performance, but then we decided to give the SRO line a try since there was only 2 hours to kill and there happened to only be 4 or 5 people there.

The show sold out around 6pm according to Ticketmaster but they sold the tickets around 7:52pm. I'm not sure how many tickets they sold but I know they at least sold 8.

So if you have two free hours on a Thursday night, it might be an easy-ish way to get in to see the show!

magictodo123
#157Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/10/19 at 11:58am

If I get there at midnight tonight, do you think I'd get a rush ticket? It's either this or Tootsie. 

jbp1232 Profile Photo
jbp1232
#158Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/10/19 at 7:21pm

Did they switch to digital lottery? The website now lists no rush policy but has a link to a digital lottery and information about SRO tickets? When did/does this change start?

magictodo123
#159Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/10/19 at 11:43pm

I have officially joined the line and there are four people ahead of me. Wish us luck!!

lejinghu
#160Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/11/19 at 3:10am

I joined the rush on 5/9. Got there at 6:20 am and was 14th in line (I think 2 people sneaked in the line because their friends were there).

Guess they only gave out 8 tickets because I saw 4 people walking out and there weren't any more tickets. 

Someone in front of me got there at 4 am and did not get any.

I think I am gonna save $150. This is not worth 6 hours sleep.

Updated On: 5/11/19 at 03:10 AM

ilysespieces
#161Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/11/19 at 1:46pm

jbp1232 said: "Did they switch to digital lottery? The website now lists no rush policy but has a link to a digitallottery and information about SRO tickets? When did/does this change start?"

They've had the digital lottery since pretty early in previews, I won it a few weeks back (of course I won it right after I bought a ticket from TDF, because my luck is weird). It's not replacing rush, though rush seems to be a really limited number of tickets. 

Laurst21
#162Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/12/19 at 1:16pm

Does the box office set aside specific seats for rush tickets, or are they allocated from the remaining unsold tickets on the day? Looking at rushing next week but the date I was planning on only has around 20 tickets remaining (not including the Ticketmaster re-selling ones), am I better off trying another day where there's more general availability? or will everyday be a case of only 6 or so rush tickets sold? thanks. 

VanillaIceCream2
#163Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/12/19 at 4:14pm

It seems like the rush seats are set aside - last week I spent a couple days comparing the available seats right before box office opening (around 9:50) to the availability around 10:30 and nothing changed. While it’s nice that they’re not subject to availability, it also makes it harder to predict how many will be released on a given day!

annang
#164Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/12/19 at 4:15pm

Stubhub had tickets for $75 at 2:40 today.

Laurst21
#165Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/12/19 at 4:21pm

VanillaIceCream2 said: "It seems like the rush seats are set aside - last week I spent a couple days comparing the available seats right before box office opening (around 9:50) to the availability around 10:30 and nothing changed. While it’s nice that they’re not subject to availability, it also makes it harder to predict how many will be released on a given day!"

that is good to know, I think the least amount of tickets I've seen being sold was 4 which is just crazy! fingers crossed I'll be in with some luck!

Jesse_on_broadway Profile Photo
Jesse_on_broadway
#166Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/15/19 at 2:38am

Just arrived at the theatre on 5/14 around 2:00am. There was already one person in line, I was second. 10 mins after 2 more people showed up. Just wanted to update to anyone looking to rush sometime soon.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#167Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/15/19 at 8:57am

I won the lottery for yesterday's performance. I had originally received an email saying I lost, but at 4:15 I was told I had until 5 to claim tickets as the first person on the loser list. Unfortunately, our seats were split up (house left box, third row left mezzanine). Seats were actually great - but kind of annoying that they were split up (though I know it happens).

ChristianPisco
#168Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/15/19 at 10:25am

Just got out of the rush line. I got there at 3am and was 6th in line. They had a total of 12 tickets available (I think they were split evenly between matinee and evening). Luckily, I was able to get 3 tickets for the evening performance! I recommend going around 2 or 3 am to make sure you can definitely get tickets. The line was over 50 people long by the time the box office opened but only about the first 10 people were able to get anything. Best of luck!

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#169Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/15/19 at 11:02am

DRSisLove said: "Seats were actually great - but kind of annoying that they were split up (though I know it happens)."

not trying to be a d!ck, but why is it upsetting if they split you up? it's not like you can talk to each other during the show?

tck2
#170Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/15/19 at 11:14am

ChristianPisco said: "Just got out of the rush line. I got there at 3am and was 6th in line. They had a total of 12 tickets available (I think they were split evenly between matinee and evening). Luckily, I was able to get 3 tickets for the evening performance! I recommend going around 2 or 3 am to make sure you can definitely get tickets. The line was over 50 people long by the time the box office opened but only about the first 10 people were able to get anything. Best of luck!"

Was in the same line as ChristianPisco this Wednesday morning! Got there at 4:45 am and there were 12 people in front of me looking for a total of 16 tickets. First person got there around 1 am, 2nd-4th around 2, and 5th-11th around 3 am. By the time the box office opened, there were 50 people behind me as well.

I've also learned that there are always the same 6 rush ticket seats per show, so if you're not in the first 3-6 people in line for a single show day or 6-12 people in line for a double show day, you're out of luck on rush. However, they do sell $99 box seats the day of only, for which there are 14 seats per show (7 per side).

Rush tickets sold out on the 8th person in line today (a double show day), but after waiting 5+ hours I was still really happy to get the first $99 box seat on the evening show! During the performance, I talked to people in the box who go it line at 9 am and still got these box seats, so it seems like most people who line up in the morning aren't willing to shell out the extra $60.

Updated On: 5/15/19 at 11:14 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#171Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/15/19 at 11:44am

^Which is exactly why I pre-brought my tickets. Can’t wait to see this in a couple of hours! :)

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#172Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/15/19 at 12:50pm

getupngo said: 
"not trying to be a d!ck, but why is it upsetting if they split you up? it's not like you can talk to each other during the show?"

I didn't say upsetting - I said annoying. I guess "inconvenient" would be the right word. Trust me, I am eternally grateful to have won.

Laurst21
#173Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/16/19 at 7:41am

I’m going to rush for tomorrow’s show (Friday 17th) and I’m only getting 1 ticket, if anyone would like me to grab one for them let me know!

B.JAMES Profile Photo
B.JAMES
#174Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/16/19 at 12:20pm

I left the show last night and someone was with a folding chair had already seemed to have stationed themselves in line. Wow.