pixeltracker

SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway- Page 4

SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway

taylortrensch Profile Photo
taylortrensch
#75SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/10/19 at 2:57pm

inception said: "Gyllenhaal is one of the worst actors alive."

right - he's one of the worst actors alive which is why he's a big draw for selling tickets and exactly why a company worth several billions of dollars trusted him to star in their big summer 2019 movie. so terrible ): 

myself and several others are flying to the US just to see jake in this show just because he's one of our favourite bad actors. 

to each their own but i'd say your opinion is unpopular, especially as BroadwayNoob is a jake fan. 

don't message me thinking im taylor trensch?? what would he be doing on bww?? you can't possibly be that dumb bye

JeffBGoode2
#76SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/11/19 at 7:48pm

BroadwayNoob said: "The reviews of this seem all around very mixed. I'd love to see Jake in something on Broadway but I'm wondering if I should wait for him to do another show (this will almost certainly not be his last show on Broadway) or go see this one. I'm only debating this because I'm 16 and I'd like to see a show not just for the actor. I do enjoy plays though - should I just go for it and get a ticket?"

That may be in 2021, since he booked SITPWG in London next summer. Nick Payne who wrote "A Life" likes to play with timelines and needs you to be invested in connecting the dots. Both actors have said they have personal connection to the content, and they're regular performers of the respective playwrights.

JeffBGoode2
#77SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/11/19 at 9:13pm

taylortrensch said: "inception said: "Gyllenhaal is one of the worst actors alive."

right - he's one of the worst actors alive which is why he's a big draw for selling tickets and exactly whya company worth several billions of dollars trustedhim to star in their bigsummer 2019 movie.so terrible ):

myself and several others are flying to the US just to see jake in this show just because he's one of our favourite bad actors.

to each their own but i'd say your opinion is unpopular, especially as BroadwayNoob is a jake fan.
"

I find people who don't care for JG's acting just prefer "polish" and "sophistication" in their actors. They look for a specific "mastery" of craft and technique, as the only (valued) way to get at the essence of a character.

At best it's a personal taste for what's funtertainment. At worst there's a fundamental rejection of what counts as being human in different contexts.

Updated On: 8/11/19 at 09:13 PM

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#78SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/11/19 at 9:55pm

What’s the run time these days? And do the guys stage-door after matinees?

taylortrensch
#79SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/16/19 at 7:59pm

GreasedLightning said: "What’s the run time these days? And do the guys stage-door after matinees?"

late to reply to this but no stage-door after matinees, especially not on wednesday as there's a post show talk back.

btw it looks like they're teasing something regarding the show in march? my bet is a short west end run but who knows

don't message me thinking im taylor trensch?? what would he be doing on bww?? you can't possibly be that dumb bye
Updated On: 8/16/19 at 07:59 PM

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#80SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/16/19 at 8:53pm

taylortrensch said:”

btw it looks like they're teasing something regarding the show in march? my bet is a short west end run but who knows"

But the ticket showed March 29, 2019 and SITPWG starts June 11, 2020 with Jake. It’s a great teaser - has me stalking hashtags now LOL.

Updated On: 8/16/19 at 08:53 PM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#81SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/16/19 at 9:54pm

taylortrensch said: "GreasedLightning said: "What’s the run time these days? And do the guys stage-door after matinees?"

late to reply to this but no stage-door after matinees, especially not on wednesday as there's a post show talk back.

btw it looks like they're teasing something regarding the show in march? my bet is a short west end run but who knows
"

Well, if that proves true then my September 29th ticket will now not be for the final performance. Still excited either way.

I do have a question since I am seeing a Sunday matinee. Do they do the Q&A after each performance or only on Wednesdays? 

bway4sale
#82SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/16/19 at 10:35pm

I believe it's only after Wednesday matinees.

Even so, they probably wouldn't have a talkback after their closing performance anyway. 

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#83SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/25/19 at 8:41pm

taylortrensch said: "GreasedLightning said: "What’s the run time these days? And do the guys stage-door after matinees?"

Can anyone comment on if they stagedoor Sunday matinees? I can see why they wouldn’t do it after talkbacks or on a 2 show days, but I’m hopeful they would do it on Sunday because they have none of those things. 

Very excited to see it regardless.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#84SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/25/19 at 9:53pm

Just as an FYI, neither came out on Thursday night.

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#85SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/25/19 at 10:22pm

n2nbaby said: "Just as an FYI, neither came out on Thursday night."

Damn, seems like it might just be a coin toss then. I suppose I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

taylortrensch
#86SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/26/19 at 10:07pm

i'd say that a coin toss is the best way of describing their stage door attendance. 

thursday: neither

friday: jake & tom 

saturday evening: jake & tom

sunday matinee: tom 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#87SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/27/19 at 11:13pm

Both came out tonight (Tuesday 8/27)

Honestly, both monologues made me feel so much with so little. I think Jake’s monologue came across stronger, but each one had just these devastating moments that hit the emotions. THAT’S theatre I live for.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

BroadwayNoob
#88SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/28/19 at 1:08am

Alrighty, after doing some contemplation I think I am going to treat myself to this one - any chance that this would be on TKTS September 6th-8th, or should I try to cram it in this Saturday?

Fordham2015
#89SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/28/19 at 6:03am

BroadwayNoob said: "Alrighty, after doing some contemplationI think I am going to treat myself to this one - any chance that this would be on TKTS September 6th-8th, or should I try to cram it in this Saturday?"

I got Broadway Week 2-for-1 tickets for 9/7- there was plenty available.

eng18
#90SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/28/19 at 8:14pm

Did a TodayTix rush ticket on a whim today, got balcony c103 and c104. good central view and they had the talk back event after

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#91SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/29/19 at 12:23am

On Monday I went to the box office at 5pm and got a rush ticket orchestra row N center. Perfect seat! I don’t know how well it’s selling but if you can manage I would give rush a try.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#92SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/29/19 at 11:09am

yay_gerb said: "On Monday I went to the box office at 5pm and got a rush ticket orchestra row N center. Perfect seat! I don’t know how well it’s selling but if you can manage I would give rush a try. "

Thanks for the in-person info.  I’ve been curious about it, but since I’ve been able to get the Todaytix rush (with a mix of Dress Circle/Balcony spots) I haven’t bothered to go down there. If those seats are Orchestra, I may give it a try :)

eng18
#93SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/29/19 at 6:07pm

yesterday (28/08) both tom and jake did stage door

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#94SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/29/19 at 6:23pm

eng18 said: "yesterday (28/08) both tom and jake did stage door"

Interesting that they even did it after a talkback, but very cool! Gives me hope they'll come out when i see it on a sunday :)

eng18
#95SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 8/29/19 at 6:37pm

benfox2 said: "eng18 said: "yesterday (28/08) both tom and jake did stage door"

Interesting that they even did it after a talkback, but very cool! Gives me hope they'll come out when i see it on a sunday :)
"

Sorry I meant they came out after the evening show (pretty quick) . The security guard came out after matinee to say they weren't coming out. 

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#96SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 9/3/19 at 5:17pm

Here's a question, (if he comes out) do you think Jake would sign a Sunday in the Park with George CD from when he was in it? I know there's a no non-show memorabilia rule, but I wonder if he'd let that slide since it's also Broadway? I never got to see him in the role but I adore the soundtrack and would love to get that signed.

bfreak
#97SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 9/3/19 at 5:31pm

He signed a Sunday playbill for me when I saw the show Off-Broadway. It’s worth a shot!

sethepstein12
#98SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 9/3/19 at 6:16pm

benfox2 said: "Here's a question, (if he comes out) do you think Jake would sign a Sunday in the Park with George CD from when he was in it? I know there's a no non-show memorabilia rule, but I wonder if he'd let that slide since it's also Broadway? I never got to see him in the role but I adore the soundtrack and would love to get that signed."

They didn't end up coming out when I was there, but the guards at the stage door told us that they would not sign any merchandise from things that were not Sea Wall/A Life.

eng18
#99SEA WALL/A LIFE to Broadway
Posted: 9/3/19 at 6:51pm

When I was there, someone behind me asked him to sign something not from Sea wall a life and he said no and that he was only signing stuff from this play