pixeltracker

Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?

Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?

TamzBway
#1Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/18/19 at 11:44am

Hi everyone,

The Waitress tour is in its final stop in Toronto, ON. I live here and am so excited to see it until I found out that Christine Dwyer is only on till the start of August, then Desi Oakley takes over Aug 2-12. I love them both! Any thoughts on who I should see!? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure I could go wrong here!

Bigserver1
#2Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/18/19 at 12:19pm

I saw Christine on the tour, she was phenomenal. I haven't seen Desi, but I would see Christine again in a heartbeat given the chance. Her singing "She Used to be Mine" brought the house down.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#3Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/18/19 at 1:11pm

I saw Desi 5 times and Christine twice. I love Christine, but Desi is better.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#4Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/18/19 at 2:32pm

I’ve only seen Desi Oakley (March 2018, Pittsburgh) when the tour came through, and absolutely adored her performance. This is still one of my favorite shows. Just superb all the way around.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#5Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/18/19 at 4:00pm

Here's Waitress performing on a local morning show today. Lulu Lloyd (understudy) was Jenna.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#6Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/18/19 at 4:57pm

Tag said: "Here's Waitress performing on a local morning show today. Lulu Lloyd (understudy) was Jenna."

I saw Lulu go on twice and she’s flawless.

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#7Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/18/19 at 6:29pm

At least Toronto gets the equity tour. Of course Vancouver gets all the non-eq stuff. Oh well. Can’t wait to see it

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#8Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/18/19 at 7:33pm

Definitely Desi

mailhandler777
#9Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/19/19 at 2:45am

TamzBway said: "Hi everyone,

The Waitress tour is in its final stop in Toronto, ON. I live here and am so excited to see it until I found out that Christine Dwyer is only on till the start of August, then Desi Oakley takes over Aug 2-12. I love them both! Any thoughts on who I should see!? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure I could go wrong here!
"

See Desi on August 11th and Christine when she comes back on August 13th. Or see Christine on August 1st and Desi on August 2nd when she starts her run. PS they have rush tickets every day also and they are only $44CDN.

Christine is out for her wedding and Desi is filling in. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

mailhandler777
#10Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/19/19 at 2:48am

I saw Desi 7 times and Christine 32 times. I love them both and will be seeing both of them in Toronto. No you cant go wrong with either of them.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#11Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/19/19 at 9:24am

I saw Desi three times and I consider her one of my favorites to play the role and while I've not seen Christine as Jenna I loved her as Elphaba so either way you'll have a wonderful lady as Jenna. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

TamzBway
#12Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/19/19 at 11:43am

Thanks everyone for all of the advice! I feel like I'm going to love either of them :)

JustinLovesSideShow
#13Waitress tour - Desi or Christine?
Posted: 7/19/19 at 2:32pm

Christine is the best jenna