pixeltracker

Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?

Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?

nativenewyorker2
ModernMillie3 Profile Photo
ModernMillie3
#2Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 11/30/19 at 6:21pm

Yes, why?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#3Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 11/30/19 at 6:28pm

How many threads are there going to be on this?

I know some have been getting deleted, but there’s one a few posts down.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#4Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 11/30/19 at 6:46pm

ModernMillie3 said: "Yes, why?"

Google his name and/or Melissa Benoist. 

Updated On: 11/30/19 at 06:46 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 12/1/19 at 1:28am

#1Elphie said: "Mod uiernMillie3 said: "Yes, why?"

Google his name and/or Melissa Benoist.
"

Please keep in mind, she hasn't stated who her abuser was. (But, yes, I was wondering about all the concern over his attendance.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#6Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 12/1/19 at 3:53am

And suddenly Richard Linklater starts to sweat, realizing that the star of his TWENTY YEAR long film project may be persona non grata before long. Good thing it's early enough in the project they can, oh, recast maybe.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#7Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 12/1/19 at 3:24pm

dramamama611 said: "Please keep in mind, she hasn't stated who her abuser was. (But, yes, I was wondering about all the concern over his attendance.)"

That's correct, she has not named her abuser. Below are just some dates and facts. Choose to make of it what you will. (Let's see if the BWW censors choose to delete this anyway, even though nothing below is speculation.)

-Melissa Benoist and Blake Jenner started dating by March of 2013 and got married in March of 2015. 

-In 2015 Melissa had an eye patch on during her first fitting for the Supergirl costume. In May 2015 she said, "I just had this injury so I had this eye patch on. It was kind of embarrassing." She talked about that eye injury in March of 2016 on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, laughing it off and saying she tripped and fell on a potted plant.

-In the recent video she posted, she says about that same eye injury, “It was a blow to my face with his iPhone. The impact tore my iris, nearly ruptured my eyeball, lacerated my skin, and broke my nose. My left eye swelled shut. I had a fat lip.” She said her vision won’t be the same, and she has a permanently enlarged iris in her left eye. She talks about having to make up a story with her partner as they drove to the hospital, deciding to say she tripped and fell into a potted plant. She says her partner joked that she looked like Squirt from Finding Nemo. 

-Melissa and Blake got divorced in 2017. 

Updated On: 12/1/19 at 03:24 PM

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#8Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 12/1/19 at 4:13pm

Actually, she stated they were married before that, around 2013. So, yes, it is speculation.

The point of her video was to talk about being a survivor, it takes such courage to do that. It was not for people to speculate and accuse a specific person. I truly don't think that was her intent. 

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#9Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 12/1/19 at 5:21pm

Okay, if that's true then it still fits in with the timeline. 

I agree about the point of the video and I know she doesn't name him because it's about stepping forward as a survivor of domestic violence, even though it's easy to figure out who it's about. I also don't expect Jenner to be fired from Cyrano (I know that won't happen) or to face any repercussions. I do, however, think it's understandable for audience members to feel uncomfortable about him being onstage.   

TheaterGeek
#10Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 12/23/19 at 11:13am

Did anyone ever try to meet the actors after the performance at the stage door? I wonder if Blake tried to remain incognito out after the news broke.

Updated On: 12/23/19 at 11:13 AM

ModernMillie3 Profile Photo
ModernMillie3
#11Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 12/23/19 at 1:47pm

They didn't often stage door anyways, but they seemed to all have a great time at the cast party. 

TheaterGeek
#12Has Blake Jenner been in Cyrano since Wednesday?
Posted: 12/23/19 at 4:41pm

ModernMillie3 said: "They didn't often stage door anyways, but they seemed to all have a great time at the cast party."

I am surprised, especially with Peter Dinklage still being very popular for Game of Thrones fans. It seemed like a low-key theater, no barricades or anything. Thanks ModernMillie3