Rachel Zegler post-WSS

Globefan
#1Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/19/20 at 8:11pm

Do you think Rachel Zegler will become a major star after playing Maria in WSS? I personally think she will. 

sng
#2Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/19/20 at 9:43pm

I personally think we need to see the movie first

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#3Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/19/20 at 10:42pm

If she does phenomenal in this, she may go on to become a star in her own way.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/20/20 at 8:17pm

Highly doubt it. Not at the level that Anne Hathaway exploded after Disney’s PRINCESS DIARIES.

Anita is the take away female role in WEST SIDE STORY.  

sparksatmidnight
#5Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/20/20 at 10:11pm

West Side Story is now #cancelled so I wouldn't put my money on it (Rachel, of course, can, and probably will, become a major star, but not due to WSS)

Updated On: 6/20/20 at 10:11 PM

Musical Master
#6Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/20/20 at 11:18pm

Don't jump to that conclusion until Spielberg and Disney make an official statement.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#7Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/20/20 at 11:29pm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Sparks was referring to the allegations against Zegler’s Tony, Ansel Elgort, on Twitter over the last couple days.

Musical Master
#8Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/20/20 at 11:31pm

That's what I meant, to just wait until this whole thing is verified.   

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#9Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/20/20 at 11:32pm

Rachel is extremely talented and seems to be a wonderful soul.

That being said, speculation like this really feels icky.

BrodyFosse123
#10Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/21/20 at 7:05am

DramaTeach said: "Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Sparks was referring to the allegations against Zegler’s Tony, Ansel Elgort, on Twitter over the last couple days."

These allegations are from one girl he ghosted after dating her when he was 20.  He admits to it.  All this fizzled less than 24 hours after it made a little buzz in the news.  WEST SIDE STORY is unaffected.  The majority of the world has zero idea who Ansel Elgort is.  Even those who’ve seen his films don’t know his name, etc.  

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#11Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/21/20 at 12:58pm

He's extremely well known actually, and Baby Driver was a huge success. He wouldn't have been picked as Tony if he did not have name recognition. 

People saying this will be recast and cancelled because he behaved like any 20 year old kid does is hilarious and ignorant. 

Can't wait for this movie and I think Rachel will be very successful. 

sparksatmidnight
#12Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/21/20 at 1:32pm

Musical Master said: "That's what I meant, to just waituntil this whole thing is verified."

But does the truth even matter anymore? Once you're #cancelled, then you're #cancelled (notice the ironic hashtag -- I never meant the actual film is cancelled without the hashtag). People will love virtue signalling and parading around this movie even if nothing comes from the allegations.

LarryD2
#13Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/21/20 at 1:56pm

Whether or not the accusation against Elgort is true, it should have no effect on Zegler or her career. A woman should not be accountable or expected to answer for the behavior of a male colleague.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#14Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/21/20 at 2:35pm

Sutton Ross said: "He's extremely well known actually, and Baby Driver was a huge success. He wouldn't have been picked as Tony if he did not have name recognition.

People saying this will be recast and cancelled because he behaved like any 20 year old kid does is hilarious and ignorant.

Can't wait for this movie and I think Rachel will be very successful.
"

he doesn’t have name recognition. he might have some face recognition but that’s about it.

but yeah him being cancelled was ridiculous, anyone could see it was just a crappy relationship that went south, he didn’t attack the girl they just had some lousy sex.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#15Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/21/20 at 4:24pm

Maybe not to you but everyone under 30 knows who he is and he's very popular on socials. I think he does have name recognition, but that's just me.

Yeah, everyone regrets at least one person they've had sex with, you don't get to ruin someone's life because you had a bad time or they ghosted you afterwards. 

broadwayboy223
#16Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/21/20 at 6:12pm

Wow. Between this thread and the “Variety WSS” one, I’m glad to know BWW doesn’t believe women :/

macbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
#17Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/21/20 at 6:39pm

Not true, I believe her - but I would like to see more of an investigation into it before forming a full judgement. 

BrodyFosse123
#18Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/21/20 at 7:00pm

macbeth said: "Not true, I believe her - but Iwould like to see more of an investigation into it before forming a full judgement."

She deleted the Tweet and locked her Twitter account.  This pretty much closed anything she was intending for.  It’s done.  Everyone went home.  You should too.  

macbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
#19Rachel Zegler post-WSS
Posted: 6/21/20 at 7:18pm

That doesn't mean she wasn't telling the truth, but might not have been prepared for the onslaught of social media hate (and support). It's why I'd like to see some real journalism on it, talking to her and him before making a fully formed opinion. There's been no vetting on either side.