pixeltracker

What happened to Jordan Roth?- Page 2

What happened to Jordan Roth?

Moosicals4Life
#25What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 7/25/20 at 8:27am

Sutton Ross said: "LizzieCurry said: "This did make me curious.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC_fBqjIbzG/
"

Ha. Yep!
"

Wow. This is painful to see. (Unless of course it was taken many months ago). If this is new, it's so shameful. How can you possibly deny Larry Kramer's disgust at this? May he RIP. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#26What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 7/25/20 at 9:01am

I don't wish to discuss the substance here but I would say that it is highly unlikely that this shoot happened after mid-March.

ivy3
#27What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 7/25/20 at 9:26am

Caption of the photo says it was taken at Paris Fashion Week. Fashion Week was at the end of February and ended on March 3rd so this was before the pandemic. You can see Jordan extensively posted from the Paris fashion week 25 weeks ago.  So it's not new. 

Updated On: 7/25/20 at 09:26 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#28What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 7/25/20 at 10:43am

There are also other pics from his shoot with Jordan Roth, and one of them has #TBT (Throwback Thursday). Here's a post from June 30th with the cover of L'Officiel Italia's Summer 2020 Issue. I think it's pretty clear that none of these photos were taken recently.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCD6Y5UorM9/

Updated On: 7/25/20 at 10:43 AM

trpguyy
#29What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 7/25/20 at 11:10am

veronicamae said: "trpguyy said: "For the record: you're SURE that Jordan Roth will be vacationing in Italy next month, and you cannot be challenged on this? That's really what you want to be saying?"

You couldn't be missing their point more if you tried. lol
"

I’m not, but you’re missing mine: people shouldn’t post baseless things, nor bend over backwards to try to defend them. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#30What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 7/25/20 at 11:11am

Here's the throwback post, which Jordan commented on:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCc-SCzokUV/

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#31What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 7/25/20 at 12:22pm

ivy3 said: "Caption of the photo says it was taken at Paris Fashion Week. Fashion Weekwas at the end of February and ended on March 3rd so this was before the pandemic. You can see Jordanextensively posted from the Paris fashion week 25 weeks ago. So it's not new."

Actually, Haute Couture week was January 20-23, which aligns with Jordan's Instagram posts from Paris. Not trying to contradict you, just clarifying.

Updated On: 7/25/20 at 12:22 PM

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#32What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 3:28pm

Just curious if there have been any sightings? Very hard to fathom someone who was all  over social media just vanished. 

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#33What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 3:38pm

sightings? no. We are in the middle of a pandemic. His presence was very much felt in connection with his lovely gesture with regard to the unfortunate death of the stagehand with whom his company had a long relationship.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#34What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 4:17pm

He is just part of the problem since the pandemic began, treating arts workers like garbage and leaving people wondering what the hell is going on. His constant photos on IG enjoying his Hamptons mansion received backlash on social media and has been laying low since. As he should be. 

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#35What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 4:34pm

Sutton Ross said: "He is just part of the problem since the pandemic began, treating arts workers like garbage and leaving people wondering what the hell is going on. His constant photos on IG enjoying his Hamptons mansionreceived backlashon social media and has been laying low since. As he should be."

How is he treating arts workers like garbage? I know Jujamcyn laid off most of their staff but so have the other theater owners (and most business owners who have had to close or drastically scale back.) Has he done something egregious that others haven't?

Sutton Ross
#36What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 4:48pm

Simply look what they have done in Britain. Look at what the government and theater owners have done for their arts workers. None of it has happened here. People many here feel completely abandoned and out in the cold.

Trust fund children who flaunt their billionaire dollar lifestyle in 2020 are pure garbage. He has done NOTHING. 

itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#37What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 6:49pm

Sutton Ross said: "Simply look what they have done in Britain.Look at what the government and theater owners have done for their arts workers. None of it has happened here. People many here feel completely abandoned and out in the cold.

Trust fund children who flaunt their billionaire dollar lifestyle in 2020 are pure garbage. He has done NOTHING.
"

Yes the UK (and most other western countries) have done much more for the arts than our government. But I don't think you can blame that on Jordan Roth. One of the big differences is money in politics. In the US the groups with the most money get the most attention. And even with Jordan's (inherited) billions, there are industries that have much much more clout and money to get the attention of politicians. Don't get me wrong I think he's self-absorbed, and I'm sure he could be doing more to help. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#38What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 6:51pm

HogansHero said: "sightings? no. We are in the middle of a pandemic. His presence was very much felt in connection with his lovely gesture with regard to the unfortunate death of the stagehand with whom his company had a long relationship."

I meant sightings as in social media sorry for the confusion. Thanks for reminding me about the pandemic though.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Sutton Ross
#39What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 6:56pm

I think he's self-absorbed, and I'm sure he could be doing more to help.

Correct. 

Thanks for reminding me about the pandemic though.

That's just who Hogan is though, reminding us 800 times a day we are in a PANDEMIC and to practice PATIENCE. What happened to Jordan Roth?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#40What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 7:04pm

His continued absence remains perplexing, especially considering his performative ostentatiousness before. Especially during an election year.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#41What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 7:53pm

Sutton Ross said: "That's just who Hogan is though, reminding us 800 times a day we are in a PANDEMIC and to practice PATIENCE. "

Nothing else makes sense. Nothing else is healthy. 

I am not here to defend anything about Jordan Roth, but thinking there is anything that anyone in America can do right now but wait is delusional. 

Everyone needs help right now. Some countries are social welfare states and have done more for their human beings. We are not. And under the current regime, no one is going to get help, unless they don't need it. This is not a theatre issue. You like the expectations management in the UK? That's just weird. 

Sutton Ross
#42What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 8:06pm

Nope, not weird at all. He could have have had 100 massive fundraisers to help his employees. He has had ZERO. So, yeah, don't come here and defend him, it's gross.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#43What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 8:39pm

"don't come here and defend him, it's gross."

Like I said, "I am not here to defend anything about Jordan Roth" but that has nothing to do with the fact that the only rational thing we as an industry can do about the pandemic is wait. Bitter pill, but the only one we have atm. Charity is another matter. 

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#44What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 11:21pm

Jordan’s around - he working. He’s been @ the St. James mostly during the on going load out. He’s also STILL trying to get a holiday show in the st James but I think it’s too late now.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#45What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 11:24pm

Um yeah I’d say the ship has sailed on a Christmas show opening up on broadway unless it’s The Naked Cowboy singing Christmas themed trump songs outside the theater.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#46What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/27/20 at 11:45pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Um yeah I’d say the ship has sailed on a Christmas show opening up on broadway unless it’s The Naked Cowboy singing Christmas themed trump songs outside the theater."

I hear the nut for that is very low.

itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#47What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/28/20 at 12:28am

Sutton Ross said: "Nope, not weird at all. He could have have had 100 massive fundraisers to help his employees. He has had ZERO. So, yeah, don't come here and defend him, it's gross."

The last thing in the world I ever expected to do is to defend Jordan Roth, but that's not true. He was part of a group of producers who donated $1M early on to BCEFA (he's also on the BCEFA board and has been raising money for them since then.) He's also on the League task force working to get additional unemployment benefits for theatre workers. Could he be doing more? I have no doubt. But he hasn't done "zero."

Sutton Ross
#48What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/28/20 at 1:09am

I'm incredibly happy to hear that, and I retract my statement. However, one million dollars doesn't go very far and unemployment benefits are obviously a state issue and since they have failed to pass another bill, the "Save Our Stages Act" introduced this summer went nowhere. I doubt he has pull in Congress so the task force is pretty useless. 

He, and other theater owners, should be doing more for their employees. Just my opinion. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#49What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/28/20 at 1:36am

I do know of at least one owner that has taken good care of its employees under these circumstances.

Just give the world Love.

Videos