pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under - Page 2

RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#25RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/22/21 at 10:12am

Not happy with this elimination, nor the return of a past queen. I hate saying it's "rigged" but......

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#26RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/22/21 at 10:48am

Absolutely not happy with Anita going home. Her beautiful positivity is so rare on this series and it’s going to be missed. I actually thought Maxi would be in the bottom - I honestly didn’t understand the love for that outfit.

That lipsync song also didn’t do either of them any favors, it was very...blah and didn’t really give them anything to “do” during it to stand out.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#27RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/22/21 at 3:02pm

I so agree. I was at least hoping for a double save. I was hoping the other queen in the bottom three was going to have to lip-sync.

Also the eliminated queen to me there was nothing wrong with her runway look. When she came out I thought she was going to be top 3.

As far as the returning queen all i can say is WTF?????????

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Jordan Catalano
#28RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/22/21 at 3:44pm

That returning queen schtick without any “competition” to get back in is maybe the most “Riga Morris” thing the series has ever done.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#29RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/23/21 at 5:57pm

Oh I just LOVE them bringing back Art after eliminating BOTH Queens of Color without even giving a CHANCE for either of them to return & in the same episode reward the racist with a ****ty personality for a body suit (that any other time they would read someone for wearing a body suit) made out of a fabric table cloth while Maxi was over there in a wonderful outfit made out of ****ing PLASTIC bags and was basically edited OUT of the entire episode. Ain't that some ****?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#30RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/25/21 at 2:52am

I thought Maxi's outfit was great!! What I don''t understand is brining someone back with zero explanation. Like, who is working at WOW that didn't realize we - the audience - would need clarification? 

Also, her outfit was quite pretty. So to say she's the worse? insane. 

The Production hand on this show has jumped the shark. It's too much. 

Karen is the only queen I've heard of, and so I was rooting for her, but she is SO boring. Why is she so famous? I don't get it? 

Jordan Catalano
#31RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/25/21 at 9:58am

She’s well known because of her name. People like Katya have talked about how she has the best drag name ever so I’m sure she’s gotten a million followers just from that.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#32RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/25/21 at 11:23am

Is it a pun I'm missing?

No, I get that she's well known. I've heard of her and Karen before the show, but that doesn't really justify just throwing her back in without an explanation? At least show us the judges talking about it or something? 

I was thinking how it would be fun if they adopted the 'Last Chance Kitchen' from Top Chef and had the eliminated queens compete that way. 

And agreed, Anita's outfit was great. 

I'm honestly super disappointed in Karen. I thought she was a front-runner but every week she's been so "blah." Maybe she will shine in an acting challenge, but her Dolly was rough. 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#33RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/25/21 at 5:00pm

It's a shame this season is so overproduced. The queens are great, the production is not. 

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#34RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/26/21 at 8:15am

There's something so off about the production. It's like Drag Race but with no personality. There's also something so off about the set itself. It's so small. The cameras feel on top of the performers and everything is such a close shot. 

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#35RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/26/21 at 2:07pm

Scarlet just seems... mean. She looks pretty, but it's nothing we haven't seen in the last 4-5 seasons of American RPDR. That, plus her past performances, are making it really hard to root for her. I like Karen, but don't love just yet. Kita and Anita were my favorites, giving me the old school humor and style I associate with something like "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". Her return didn't seem as earned, but I like Art and am glad to see her back.

Overall I'm cooling on this group. With AS6 next month and España next week, I'm okay with waiting to catch up on this season.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

SouthernCakes
#36RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/30/21 at 12:01am

I still don’t see what they see in Karen. Like she’s not funny, she’s not entertaining, I don’t get it? She’s not bad or anything she’s just eh.

I loved Etc Etc, sad to see her go. This was a weird challenge. Wish they’d give them an actual acting challenge.

All that aside, I think Rhys is a great judge. He doesn’t come off as condescending the way JBC came across on Canada.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#37RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/30/21 at 9:11am

I felt by the way the edit was going you could tell who would be going home this week. 

Also I think we can now assume Scarlet Adams will not be winning this season.

https://www.starobserver.com.au/news/__trashed/203297

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

SouthernCakes
#38RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/30/21 at 12:05pm

It was addressed on the show....

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#39RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/30/21 at 12:13pm

I know it was addressed on the show but do you think that they would still give her the crown?

SouthernCakes
#40RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/30/21 at 12:33pm

Dunno? I mean if it’s obvious she’s the winner I’d think it’d be weird not to? I’d say she’s the front runner at this point but they keep giving Karen passes so who knows.

I’m not one to hold someone accountable for something they did in their teens. Ted Danson did black face for Whoppi Goldberg, written and approved by Goldberg. Those were grown adults. So...

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#41RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/31/21 at 5:46pm

Honestly, I know the push is for Karen to win, but I'm pulling for Art Simone. I don't agree with her coming back with zero explanation, but I think she's one of the strongest there. I also adore Kita and Elektra!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Jordan Catalano
#42RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 5/31/21 at 6:48pm

I think I’m enjoying this season more than others are. But I really have no idea who I want to win. My favorite was Anita and with her gone, I don’t have a clear favorite now.

SouthernCakes
#43RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 6/1/21 at 3:36am

I’m enjoying it but I’d say it’s the most overtly produced of any franchise. Like they clearly want a Art vs. Karen finale. But neither queen has really been a great competitor. So it feels like they car scrambling.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#44RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 6/6/21 at 2:15pm

Another week of Karen getting a free pass for turning in boring work. 

Jordan Catalano
#45RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 6/12/21 at 11:01am

What the hell was that elimination? Does the actual lip sync not matter anymore?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#46RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 6/12/21 at 11:54am

I thought it was one of the worst episodes in the entire franchise, and this season has made Australian drag queens look like horrible people. I can't stand any of them, and I liked Kita until she said Elektra's name to go home. The rigga morris has been infuriating.

Updated On: 6/12/21 at 11:54 AM

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#47RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 6/12/21 at 12:20pm

This series started off with such promise and now it is just withering away. 

I can't imagine the uproar if they crown Scarlet. 

Jordan Catalano
#48RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 6/12/21 at 12:47pm

The thing is - Based solely on this competition, Scarlet deserves to win, at this point.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#49RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Posted: 6/12/21 at 1:34pm

Jordan Catalano said: "The thing is - Based solely on this competition, Scarlet deserves to win, at this point."

Does that honestly matter when this was the only win of hers that was justified? There's no "Deserve" to win about her this. Especially when you intentionally put the one person who hadn't lip synched at that point in the bottom because you didn't think her first change was fast enough versus Art, whose talent was eating a regular amount of food, & Karen, whose talent was making a single balloon animal and then walking away. There is no reason both of them shouldn't be in the bottom. They've literally flat lined the entire competition and Art was already eliminated once and is entering the finale without a single win to her name.

This is what happens when you have your front runner predetermined before you film the season and push them forward and then they don't resonate with the audience and have horrific racist past*. Scarlet is the LEAST followed queen on Socials of the season including the first two eliminated queens.

*Scarlet says it was when she was a teenager, but she was doing that **** until like 3 years ago. She's 28.