pixeltracker

Sutton Foster statement - Page 3

Sutton Foster statement

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#50Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 5:44am

Sutton was miscast anyway, also it’s 2021 why was there an all-white production of anything in this day and age? the all-white Hello Dolly was weird enough

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 4/23/21 at 05:44 AM

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#51Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 8:53am

gypsy101 said: "Sutton was miscast anyway, also it’s 2021 why was there an all-white production of anything in this day and age? the all-white Hello Dolly was weird enough"

Uh oh people here are gonna tell you you’re wrong and how diverse bway is and to stop looking to check boxes... I agree with you, Gypsy! 
there are so many racist people that post here, it’s crazy. They don’t even realize it. They really have to take a good look at themselves and do some serious reflecting

Dolly80
#52Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 9:11am

I’m pretty sure Hello Dolly had POC in the cast..?

I’d LOVE to have seen Audra McDonald and Norm Lewis do The Music Man. And certainly Sutton is majorly miscast here, but it’s done now.

unclevictor
#53Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 9:42am

I love when people say racist things like - I’d love to see these POC in this show but these white people are already cast and it’s done so essentially get over it and move on. This is why we have BIPOC and we see you white American theatre.

Islander_fan
#54Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 11:23am

unclevictor said: "I love when people say racist things like - I’d love to see these POC in this show but these white people are already cast and it’s done so essentially get over it and move on. This is why we have BIPOC and we see you white American theatre."

So wait, just because people are disagreeing with your idea (which is, i must say is nothing but a pipe dream) that makes them racist? That’s just silliness in the highest order. People POC or not need to work to get money to live. That’s just a fact of any job in the world. 

Now, with that said, let me pose for you a realistic scenario. Say that there’s a white actor who is married and his wife is about to give birth to their first child. Given that, he could really use the money to help support his new family. Are you honestly saying that, because a white needs the work to help support his family that he should throw all that out the window just so he can be replaced by a POC actor?  

Islander_fan
#55Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 11:23am

unclevictor said: "I love when people say racist things like - I’d love to see these POC in this show but these white people are already cast and it’s done so essentially get over it and move on. This is why we have BIPOC and we see you white American theatre."

So wait, just because people are disagreeing with your idea (which is, i must say is nothing but a pipe dream) that makes them racist? That’s just silliness in the highest order. People POC or not need to work to get money to live. That’s just a fact of any job in the world. 

Now, with that said, let me pose for you a realistic scenario. Say that there’s a white actor who is married and his wife is about to give birth to their first child. Given that, he could really use the money to help support his new family. Are you honestly saying that, because a white needs the work to help support his family that he should throw all that out the window just so he can be replaced by a POC actor?  

Dolly80
#56Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 11:55am

How do you manage to get through doors with this enormous chip on your shoulder?

unclevictor
#57Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 12:07pm

Now, with that said, let me pose for you a realistic scenario. Say that there’s a white actor who is married and his wife is about to give birth to their first child. Given that, he could really use the money to help support his new family. Are you honestly saying that, because a white needs the work to help support his family that he should throw all that out the window just so he can be replaced by a POC actor?"

I think you’re probably feeling quite hypervisible or fragile and maybe u should make yourself some chamomile tea from a cup that reads “White Tears” or “Black Lives Matter.”

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#58Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 12:11pm

"How do you manage to get through doors with this enormous chip on your shoulder"

He's a ninth grader, so probably really easy.

Islander_fan
#59Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 1:22pm

unclevictor said: "Now, with that said, let me pose for you a realistic scenario. Say that there’s a white actor who is married and his wife is about to give birth to their first child. Given that, he could really use the money to help support his new family. Are you honestly saying that, because a white needs the work to help support his family that he should throw all that out the window just so he can be replaced by a POC actor?"

I think you’reprobably feeling quite hypervisible or fragile and maybe u should make yourself somechamomile tea from a cup that reads “White Tears” or “Black Lives Matter.”

You totally proved just now that you have zero idea how this works. Going back to the scenario I used, let me ask you this. Are you suggesting that the white actor who’s in need of the money due to his first child on the way decline the job? Simply because he would rather happily give his role up to a POC actor instead? I highly, highly doubt that. And, after all, say he does in fact do that. What’s to stop the casting director and producers for hiring another white actor to take his place. It’s not as if the white actor has a say in casting at all. Sure, they could say that they want a POC in the role, but they are far removed to being able to make that casting decision. 

"

unclevictor
#60Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 2:01pm

Islander_fan said: "unclevictor said: "Now, with that said, let me pose for you a realistic scenario. Say that there’s a white actor who is married and his wife is about to give birth to their first child. Given that, he could really use the money to help support his new family. Are you honestly saying that, because a white needs the work to help support his family that he should throw all that out the window just so he can be replaced by a POC actor?"

I think you’reprobably feeling quite hypervisible or fragile and maybe u should make yourself somechamomile tea from a cup that reads “White Tears” or “Black Lives Matter.”

You totally proved just now that you have zero idea how this works. Going back to the scenario I used, let me ask you this. Are you suggesting that the white actor who’s in need of the money due to his first child on the way decline the job? Simply because he would rather happily give his role up to a POC actor instead? I highly, highly doubt that. And, after all, say he does in fact do that. What’s to stop the casting director and producers for hiring another white actor to take his place. It’s not as if the white actor has a say in casting at all. Sure, they could say that they want a POC in the role, but they are far removed to being able to make that casting decision.

Can u whitesplain that to me 1 more time? I don’t think the POC actors in the back heard u

Islander_fan
#61Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 2:52pm

unclevictor said: "Islander_fan said: "unclevictor said: "Now, with that said, let me pose for you a realistic scenario. Say that there’s a white actor who is married and his wife is about to give birth to their first child. Given that, he could really use the money to help support his new family. Are you honestly saying that, because a white needs the work to help support his family that he should throw all that out the window just so he can be replaced by a POC actor?"

Can u whitesplain that to me1 more time? I don’t think the POC actors in the back heard u

Couple of things, would it hurt you to write the word “you” rather than use just the letter? 

And, yes, there needs to be more work open to actors who are POC. But, an actor bowing out who is white with the reason being that their role should be done by an actor who is POC, then, that may be all well and good, but, it’s not up to the actor who leaves to see that happen. Producers/casting directors etc are the ones that make these choices. What’s to stop them from simply casting another white actor? The problem isn’t with the actors, it is systemic in the way shows are cast. Actors have zero power of who gets cast or even replacing them if they leave to make a stand.  

Dolly80
#62Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 4:15pm

unclevictor said: "Islander_fan said: "unclevictor said: "Now, with that said, let me pose for you a realistic scenario. Say that there’s a white actor who is married and his wife is about to give birth to their first child. Given that, he could really use the money to help support his new family. Are you honestly saying that, because a white needs the work to help support his family that he should throw all that out the window just so he can be replaced by a POC actor?"

Can u whitesplain that to me1 more time? I don’t think the POC actors in the back heard u

"

‘U’ are so deeply unpleasant. All you want to do is demonise white people, and make barriers between them and POC. Any sane person would see that’s the LAST thing that should be done. Not everyone is a racist you know. Some white people have friends who arent white and some are in love with people who aren’t white. Your hate is exhausting. Maybe go and do something pro active rather than attack people on here.

unclevictor
#63Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 4:55pm

U’ are so deeply unpleasant.
I’m not. U are.

All you want to do is demonise white people, and make barriers between them and POC. Any sane person would see that’s the LAST thing that should be done.
I hope my eyes don’t roll out of my head before I can type that those 2 sentences are laughable.

Not everyone is a racist you know.

Wait, what????!

Some white people have friends who arent whiteand some are in love with people who aren’t white.

I can’t... I... can’t with these statements. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Your hate is exhausting.Maybe go and do something pro active rather than attack people on here.

You’re the attacker, not me. Please whitesplain some more if u want.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#64Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 4:59pm

This thread is a ****ing mess.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#65Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 5:12pm

Kad said: "This thread is a ****ing mess. "

Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Sutton Ross
#66Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 5:30pm

Once again, "Uncle Victor" claims to have worked on Broadway for 45 years, is in a union, and apparently is around 70 years old. 

Yet, he cannot spell out the word "you" and is screaming about every single thing being racist. 

Nah. 

Engaging with a teenager in his basement is a waste of everyone's time, energy, and brain power.

But, please carry on. 

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#67Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 5:39pm

Sutton Ross said: "Once again, "Uncle Victor" claims to have worked on Broadway for 45 years, is in a union, and apparently is around 70 years old.

Yet, he cannot spell out the word "you" and is screaming about every single thing being racist.

Nah.

Engaging with a teenager in his basement is a waste of everyone's time, energy, and brain power.

But, please carry on.
"

Between this and Hogans Hero bullying participants.  Oh BWW.  Things never change.

Dolly80
#68Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 7:06pm

unclevictor said: "U’ are so deeply unpleasant.
I’m not. U are.

All you want to do is demonise white people, and make barriers between them and POC. Any sane person would see that’s the LAST thing that should be done.
I hope my eyes don’t roll out of my head before I can type that those 2 sentences are laughable.

Wait, what????!

Some white people have friends who arent whiteand some are in love with people who aren’t white.

Your hate is exhausting.Maybe go and do something pro active rather than attack people on here.

"

Good luck to ‘U’, Mr Angry. Life must be really hard with your attitude.

unclevictor
#69Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 7:10pm

Dolly80 said: "unclevictor said: "U’ are so deeply unpleasant.
I’m not. U are.

Wait, what????!

"

Good luck to ‘U’, Mr Angry. Life must be really hard with your attitude.
"

Wow, more attacks from Dolly! Smokeylady, add her to your troll list! Thank U for your well wishes! My life is awesome with my fabUloUS attitUde! 

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#70Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 7:36pm

Based on his passionate but impractical ideas, apparent age, and use of netspeak abbreviations, I think we can safely assume that UncleVictor is Prince Rogers Nelson, who faked his death and is now kickstarting the Revolution from beneath Paisley Park.

unclevictor
#71Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/23/21 at 7:56pm

I’m rocking out wearing my raspberry beret!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#72Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/24/21 at 11:18am

unclevictor said: "I’m rocking out wearing my raspberry beret!"

Yeah, you're most definitely not 70 and you most definitely have not been working on Broadway for 40+ years. Your posts give it away. Oh and by the way, as a person of color I'm going to respectfully ask you to stop speaking up for us. You are embarrassing yourself not to mention my people. 

Sutton Ross
#73Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/24/21 at 12:05pm

^ Yeah, notice when I called him out for that he stopped peddling that narrative. Just a kid in his basement bored with virtual school, so making a dozen threads about the same thing in his mind gives him cred around here.

Nah. Do not engage. 

unclevictor
#74Sutton Foster statement
Posted: 4/24/21 at 12:09pm

CarlosAlberto said: "unclevictor said: "I’m rocking out wearing my raspberry beret!"

Yeah, you're most definitely not 70 and you most definitely have not been working on Broadway for 40+ years. Your posts give it away. Oh and by the way, as a person of color I'm going to respectfully ask you to stop speaking up for us. You are embarrassing yourself not to mention my people.
"

So many assumptions about me! U know nothing about me other than what I have stated: I’ve worked on Broadway for over 45+ years.

I don’t make assumptions about u, please don’t make assumptions about me. 

the only one embarrassing themselves here is...u.

Videos