Waitress rush tickets

petewk87
#1Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/3/21 at 2:42pm

Just saw that Waitress announced their rush policy on Instagram. Was wondering if anyone has tried and has an idea of the line, number of tickets, seats etc.

Thank you!

James Kerrigan2
#2Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/4/21 at 7:16pm

I was wondering the same thing. I did rush for Waitress when it was at the Brooks Atkinson and it was fast and the line wasn't super long. I would expect for it to be more crowded since it is a limited run. I have tickets for Waitress booked but was thinking of refunding them and opting for rush instead. 

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#3Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/4/21 at 10:42pm

I rushed yesterday! I actually wasn't originally planning to rush, but I was in the area running some errands so I walked by the theatre around 9:45 AM and there were about 25ish people in line, so I decided to just stand and wait as well. 

By the time the box office around 10 AM there were about 30ish people. I think we all ended up getting tickets, but the process of getting electronic tickets sort of increased the wait time since everyone has to give their emails. I didn't end up getting to the box office till around 10:45 AM. Additionally, I never got my electronic ticket so I had to go back to the box office and for some reason my ticket printed out instead of being sent to my email, so I got an actual ticket which was nice.

I'm not sure how the rush is going to be moving forward if more people with join, but that's how it was for the 2nd day at least. Hope this helps.

Alexander Lamar
#4Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/4/21 at 10:55pm

what was your seat location?

wish i were here2
#5Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/5/21 at 3:25pm

Alexander Lamar said: "what was your seat location?"

I was in the boxes! I think I was the first person to get a box seat, I am not sure what the people before me got, I'm assuming side orchestra 

chuckydisc
#6Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/7/21 at 5:04pm

wish i were here2 said: "Alexander Lamar said: "what was your seat location?"

I was in the boxes! I think I was the first person to get a box seat, I am not sure what the people before me got, I'm assuming side orchestra
"

How were your seats positioned within the box?  Considered full-view or partial?

wish i were here2
#7Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/9/21 at 6:53pm

chuckydisc said: "wish i were here2 said: "Alexander Lamar said: "what was your seat location?"

"

How were yourseats positioned within the box? Considered full-view or partial?

"

I will be honest it was quite obstructed. I could not see the entire diner set piece where Cal spends like the entire show.

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#8Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/13/21 at 11:27am

I went on Saturday, 9/11, to rush Waitress. The line was probably over 50 people long when the box office opened. A majority of people arrived between 8-9am.

My friend and I got tickets in the orchestra, they were partial view (couldn't see the diner) but wouldn't trade how close they were to the stage! 

Hope this helps someone!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#9Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/24/21 at 11:49pm

Does anyone have any new rush insight? Thanks to those who already shared. 

Mikaelar
#10Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/25/21 at 8:14am

Rushing this morning! Got here around 8 am and there’s about 45 people ahead of me.

Joliepolieolie Profile Photo
Joliepolieolie
#11Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/25/21 at 1:34pm

“Rushing this morning! Got here around 8 am and there’s about 45 people ahead of me.”

Did you end up getting tickets?

I was going to show up, but I woke up late and would have gotten there around 8:00 as well. I assumed that was too late.

Updated On: 9/25/21 at 01:34 PM

hearthemsing22
#12Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/25/21 at 2:29pm

Mikaelar said: "Rushing this morning! Got here around 8 am and there’s about 45 people ahead of me. "

Wow!! I wonder what time the first person in line got there at. 

rj1060
#13Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 9/28/21 at 12:11pm

Rushed this morning. Arrived at 9am and there were about 30 people ahead of me. I got a ticket! The first person in line got there at 6:45am.

Joliepolieolie Profile Photo
Joliepolieolie
#14Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/2/21 at 9:45am

Got in line at 7:30 and was number 21 in line. It is now 9:45 and there are roughly 60 people in line.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#15Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/2/21 at 11:38pm

Joliepolieolie said: "Got in line at 7:30 and was number 21 in line. It is now 9:45 and there are roughly 60 people in line."

Did you get a seat?

Hamfan1234
#16Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/3/21 at 8:11am

Sunday report (12pm BO open): it is Charity and Caitlin’s last show. I arrived at 7:30am and I am 7th in line. It’s now about 8 and 3 more people have joined behind me. Will update closer to 12 and what seats I eventually get.

9:45am update: 34 people in line

Updated On: 10/3/21 at 08:11 AM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#17Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/3/21 at 12:34pm

Hamfan1234 said: "Sunday report (12pm BO open): it is Charity and Caitlin’s last show. I arrived at 7:30am and I am 7th in line. It’s now about 8 and 3 more people have joined behind me. Will update closer to 12 and what seats I eventually get.

9:45am update: 34 people in line
"

Please let us know what seat you wound up getting. 

Hamfan1234
#18Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/3/21 at 6:37pm

Sunday rush update: I arrived a little before 7:30am, was 7th in line, pretty steady flow of people joining the line after that. By 10am there were about 40 in line, by 12pm when the BO opened there were 60+, line nearly to 8th Ave. About 20 got tickets. I ended up with orch A 10 (2nd row far right). The seat is technically partial view but is probably the best you can get, from house right you only can’t see the band back stage left.

The show was magnificent. Sara was very emotional, this is the first time I’ve seen her cry, tears down her face during SUTBM. Charity and Caitlin were both crying during everything changes, we were all crying.

Good luck everyone!

Updated On: 10/3/21 at 06:37 PM

haleyanne
#19Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/3/21 at 8:41pm

Has anybody rushed on a Wednesday? I'm planning to go this Wednesday and trying to figure out what time I'd like to shoot for, I know Wednesdays are sometimes easier because there are two shows and more tickets available, but also sometimes more crowded because of the opportunity for either performance.

alex814
#20Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/6/21 at 9:21am

Got here at roughly 8:10am, and I’m about 16th in line. I counted 30 people in line (including myself) at 9am.

There’s two shows today so I’m hopeful everyone can get tickets.

UPDATE: 43 people by 10am

Updated On: 10/6/21 at 09:21 AM

maryad2
#21Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/8/21 at 11:18am

Arrived around 7:45 AM with my friend for the Friday show, we were 9th and 10th in line. The first in line had arrived at 6:30. By 9 AM there were 27 people, with a rush between 8:10-8:30. When the box office opened, there were around 50 of us in line. I doubt everyone got a ticket.

We ended up getting tickets next to each other in orchestra to the far left. They're going paperless, so make sure you wait around until you receive the receipt/tickets via email. 

Also, remember you can only buy one ticket per person, so if you "hold a spot for a friend" your friend is actually cutting everyone in line behind you when they arrive. Don't be that person!  

Updated On: 10/8/21 at 11:18 AM

TwentyThingamabobs
#22Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/8/21 at 3:56pm

maryad2 said: "Arrived around 7:45 AM with my friend for the Friday show, we were 9th and 10th in line. The first in line had arrived at 6:30. By 9 AM there were 27 people, with a rush between 8:10-8:30. When the box office opened, there were around 50 of us in line. I doubt everyone got a ticket.

We ended up getting tickets next to each other in orchestra to the far left. They're going paperless, so make sure you wait around until you receive the receipt/tickets via email. 

Also, remember you can only buy one ticket per person, so if you "hold a spot for a friend" your friend is actually cutting everyone in line behind you when they arrive. Don't be that person!  
"

Thanks so much for this info! I’m planning to rush next Friday, which is Sara’s last weekend so trying to determine what time to arrive. This was helpful. Can I ask - which door does the line start at? In case I’m the first one there. 

alex814
#23Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/8/21 at 8:08pm

TwentyThingamabobs said: "maryad2 said: "Arrived around 7:45 AM with my friend for the Friday show, we were 9th and 10th in line. The first in line had arrived at 6:30. By 9 AM there were 27 people, with a rush between 8:10-8:30. When the box office opened, there were around 50 of us in line. I doubt everyone got a ticket.

"

Thanks so much for this info! I’m planning to rush next Friday, which is Sara’s last weekend so trying to determine what time to arrive. This was helpful. Can I ask - which door does the line start at? Incase I’m the first one there.
"

I’d arrive a little earlier than an ordinary day to improve your odds. I can imagine rush tickets will be limited for Sara’s last shows.

The line starts at the door furthest to the left (if you’re facing the theater) and it flows down to the MTC theater.

chuckydisc
#24Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/10/21 at 5:58pm

Any info on this weekend's ( Saturday and/or Sunday ) line?

maryad2
#25Waitress rush tickets
Posted: 10/10/21 at 10:20pm

TwentyThingamabobs said: "maryad2 said: "Arrived around 7:45 AM with my friend for the Friday show, we were 9th and 10th in line. The first in line had arrived at 6:30. By 9 AM there were 27 people, with a rush between 8:10-8:30. When the box office opened, there were around 50 of us in line. I doubt everyone got a ticket.

"

Thanks so much for this info! I’m planning to rush next Friday, which is Sara’s last weekend so trying to determine what time to arrive. This was helpful. Can I ask - which door does the line start at? Incase I’m the first one there.
"

I'll echo alex814's advice- I would plan to show up around 6:30 on Friday, at least. Also note they may change rush rules around special dates. My friend and I rushed Once On This Island on its last Friday open, and when we arrived there was a sign on the door saying there were no rush tickets, only standing room, and the standing room price was twice as much. 

Videos