Waitress Casting

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#25Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/9/21 at 6:52pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Kacey Musgraves would make a really great Jenna too."

I would love to see Kacey sing What Baking Can Do.

I always wondered how Jennifer Nettles would be as Jenna.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#26Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/11/21 at 10:17am

wish i were here2 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Kacey Musgraves would make a really great Jenna too."

I always wondered howJennifer Nettles would be as Jenna.
"

Yes!!! ^^^ I feel like Kacey could even do a live action Jenna (if they ever decided to make a live action Waitress)? It looks like she doesn't begin touring until her new album until January, so I want to play Jenna also. 

Also what do we think about Kelsea Ballerini as Jenna? 

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#27Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/11/21 at 11:01am

It would actually be really sweet of Jessie came back

I love Sara Bareilles and I totally understand why she is in the filmed production. I bought tickets in NYC just to see her in this.

But… I can’t help to think that it’s slightly unfair that Jessie’s performance won’t be captured like that. It would be cool if she closed out the show this time.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#28Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/11/21 at 12:26pm

jlindsey865 said: "It would actually be really sweet of Jessie came back

I love Sara Bareilles and I totally understand why she is in the filmed production. I bought tickets in NYC just to see her in this.

But… I can’t help to think that it’s slightly unfair that Jessie’s performance won’t be captured like that. It would be cool if she closed out the show this time.
"

I feel like it would be so nice for Jessie Mueller to end the run on Broadway's limited engagement at the Barrymore this time, considering how  she opened the show before.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#29Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/11/21 at 1:48pm

Nothing would get me to the diner quicker than a Jennifer Nettles announcement.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#30Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/12/21 at 9:28am

Kacey would be a fantastic (and I’m sure a sold-out-house until the end of the run) casting choice. However, between her album promo and rehearsing for the upcoming tour, I doubt the possibility of it. Maybe we’ll see her do a cover or two from the show.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#31Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/12/21 at 10:16am

How far out is Waitress selling tickets?  Are we sure they plan for a long stay?   Will ticket sales support a long run - it wasn't THAT long ago it closed.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#32Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/12/21 at 10:20am

It's scheduled to close on January 9th, a little less than 3 months after Sara leaves. Paradise Square starts previews on February 22nd.

Updated On: 9/12/21 at 10:20 AM

hearthemsing22
#33Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/12/21 at 5:42pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "wish i were here2 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Kacey Musgraves would make a really great Jenna too."

I always wondered howJennifer Nettles would be as Jenna.
"

Yes!!! ^^^ I feel like Kacey could even do a live action Jenna (if they ever decided to make a live action Waitress)? It looks like she doesn't begin touring until her new album until January, so I want to play Jenna also.

Also what do we think about Kelsea Ballerini as Jenna?
"

Waitress is a musical based on a movie. If they’re doing a proshot, can you please explain why on EARTH a live action Waitress would be necessary?? No. It’s not. Ton much. 

BCfitasafiddle
#34Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 1:20pm

Wonder when Charity Angel Dawson will leave. Mrs. Doubtfire begins October 21st.

hearthemsing22
#35Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 3:47pm

Interesting. Maybe the week before Sara leaves they’ll announce new casting? Since so many cast members have other shows they were going to be in before the shutdown?

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#36Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 4:11pm

lightsarebrightonbroadway said: "Source is kind of hit or miss but I heard Lea Michele."

I really don't think anyone is in a rush to hire her. The open secret that she's a nightmare is not a secret anymore, and audiences don't like that. Plus I believe she just had a baby. 

Also, while she has the vocal chops, I don't think she'd be particularly good in the role anyway.

hearthemsing22
#37Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 4:13pm

soulmistin said: "lightsarebrightonbroadway said: "Source is kind of hit or miss but I heard Lea Michele."

I really don't thinkanyoneis in a rush to hire her. The open secret that she's a nightmare is not a secret anymore, and audiences don't like that. Plus I believe she just had a baby.

Also, while she has the vocal chops, I don't think she'd be particularly good in the role anyway.
"

I completely agree-I do not see her in the role at ALL and before seeing this I would’ve never even THOUGHT about her as Jenna. There are many, many other options I’d think about before she’d ever be considered, if at all. No thanks. 

BCfitasafiddle
#38Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 4:20pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Wonder when Charity Angel Dawson will leave. Mrs. Doubtfire begins October 21st."

Caitlin Houlahan too. I forgot! Girl From the North Country start October 13th! 

We'll have 3 new waitresses. 

hearthemsing22
#39Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 4:21pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "Wonder when Charity Angel Dawson will leave. Mrs. Doubtfire begins October 21st."

"

Would you include Drew Gehling in the “characters who need to be recast” group? I thought he was doing Almost Famous pre-shutdown..

Zion24
#40Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 4:38pm

soulmistin said: "lightsarebrightonbroadway said: "Source is kind of hit or miss but I heard Lea Michele."

I really don't thinkanyoneis in a rush to hire her. The open secret that she's a nightmare is not a secret anymore, and audiences don't like that. Plus I believe she just had a baby.

"

setting aside that shes professionally toxic (rightly or wrongly), she became popular playing a very desperate, very needy character with a big voice, and then tried to launch herself as a sexy pop diva- i don't see her being cast in anything that requires the audience to fall in love with her a little bit, or at least sympathize with her. she'd sing the hell out of those big ballads but i think she'd be terribly miscast. 

hearthemsing22
#41Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 4:40pm

JDonaghy4 said: "soulmistin said: "lightsarebrightonbroadway said: "Source is kind of hit or miss but I heard Lea Michele."

"

setting aside that shes professionally toxic (rightly or wrongly), she became popular playing a very desperate, very needy character with a big voice, and then tried to launch herself as a sexy pop diva- i don't see her being cast in anything that requires the audience to fall in love with her a little bit, or at least sympathize with her. she'd sing the hell out of those big ballads but i think she'd be terribly miscast.
"

I’m just SO THANKFUL Waitress opened after Glee ended because I would not want her to ruin any songs that I love so much from that show 

BCfitasafiddle
#42Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 4:46pm

hearthemsing22 said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "Wonder when Charity Angel Dawson will leave. Mrs. Doubtfire begins October 21st."

"

Would you include Drew Gehling in the “characters who need to be recast” group? I thought he was doing Almost Famous pre-shutdown..
"

I feel like that'll happen next Spring/Summer? Heard they were going for the Marquis... who knows?

But, Christopher Fitzgerald will be leaving for Company too. So a new Ogie will be needed.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#43Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 4:46pm

Lea Michele for Jenna????? What source is that??? Lea herself?

hearthemsing22
#44Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 5:12pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Lea Michele for Jenna????? What source is that??? Lea herself?"

Oh god don’t even plant this idea in anyone’s head. Lea Michele would NOT be good for this role so probably by her or someone on her team if it was ever mentioned. 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#45Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 5:30pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Lea Michele for Jenna????? What source is that??? Lea herself?"

Oh god don’t even plant this idea in anyone’s head. Lea Michele would NOT be good for this role so probably by her or someone on her team if it was ever mentioned.
"

I know! Another poster had sourced information about Lea Michele as a potential Jenna so I was literally thrown to hear that one. I hope it's just a rumor!

hearthemsing22
#46Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 5:33pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Lea Michele for Jenna????? What source is that??? Lea herself?"

"

I know! Another poster had sourced information about Lea Michele as a potential Jenna so I was literally thrown to hear that one. I hope it's just a rumor!
"

As a huge fan of the show, I do not want her anywhere near it. I’d sooner want her in Funny Girl or Wicked than Waitress. No thank you!! 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#47Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/13/21 at 5:43pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Lea Michele for Jenna????? What source is that??? Lea herself?"

"

"

As a huge fan of the show, I do not want her anywhere near it. I’d sooner want her in Funny Girl or Wicked than Waitress. No thank you!!
"

Same!!! I could never imagine her as Jenna, I see Lea doing more live action musicals if anything. (If she even decides to return to acting in the future). If she did return to Broadway, since I feel like she is gaining some form of popularity again (especially since she released the statement congratulating Beanie on Funny Girl)

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#48Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/14/21 at 4:43pm

I wonder if Desi Oakley will take over after Sara in Waitress (or Roxie in Chicago after Ana V.)? She posted a photo thread on Instagram, where she tagged Waitress and Chicago.

hearthemsing22
#49Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/14/21 at 8:58pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "I wonder if Desi Oakley will take over after Sara in Waitress (or Roxie in Chicago after Ana V.)? She posted a photo thread on Instagram, where she tagged Waitress and Chicago. "

She’s been in both shows (Chicago on Broadway and Waitress on tour/West End) and was probably invited to their invited dress rehearsals due to her involvement in both shows.