pixeltracker

COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread- Page 2

COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#25COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/21/21 at 11:56pm

Yeah, definitely distracting while the show was going on.

At least no flash photography today as I'd seen at other shows this week.

Updated On: 9/22/21 at 11:56 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#26COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/21/21 at 11:57pm

So it appears the one negative with show's reopening nights is people filming and taking pictures. Heard about it with Hamilton, Wicked, Lion King, Waitress, Hadestown. Will probably continue unless the "no filming rule" is actually adhered to.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BernadetteBenanti Profile Photo
BernadetteBenanti
#27COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/21/21 at 11:58pm

Here's another angle from the curtain call and speech a friend sent me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fIiiABPZko

Updated On: 9/21/21 at 11:58 PM

hearthemsing22
#28COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/22/21 at 12:30am

ACL2006 said: "So it appears the one negative with show's reopening nights is people filming and taking pictures. Heard about it with Hamilton, Wicked, Lion King, Waitress, Hadestown. Will probably continue unless the "no filming rule" is actually adhered to."

I was also at Waitress but didn’t see anyone filming or anything. Otherwise all of my theater trips have been amazing! I wish people would respect the actors and other audience members but I guess that’s too much to ask 

hearthemsing22
#29COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/22/21 at 12:31am

phan24 said: "Yeah, definitely distracting while the show was going on.

At least no flash photography today as I'd seen at other shows this week.
"

Oh god. I’m sorry!! Audience members have no respect. 

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#30COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/22/21 at 1:07am

And while all of you went to a live theater and had to put up and tolerate your obnoxious and rude selves. I just had to open up a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, grab my remote…click on my AppleTV+ app on my 4K UHD Smart TV and enjoy this show without having to put up with any of the bullish!t I’ve read on this thread…

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#31COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/22/21 at 1:07am

And while all of you went to a live theater and had to put up and tolerate your obnoxious and rude selves. I just had to open up a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, grab my remote…click on my AppleTV+ app on my 4K UHD Smart TV and enjoy this show without having to put up with any of the bullish!t I’ve read on this thread…

hearthemsing22
#32COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/22/21 at 1:21am

CarlosAlberto said: "And while all of you went to a live theater and had to put up and tolerate your obnoxious and rude selves. I just had to open up a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, grab my remote…click on my AppleTV+ app on my 4K UHD Smart TV and enjoy this show without having to put up with any of the bullish!t I’ve read on this thread…

"

Someone spit in your wine? Stop. We can comment on what happened tonight. Why so rude? 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#33COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/22/21 at 7:28am

CarlosAlberto said: "And while all of you went to a live theater and had to put up and tolerate your obnoxious and rude selves. I just had to open up a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, grab my remote…click on my AppleTV+ app on my 4K UHD Smart TV and enjoy this show without having to put up with any of the bullish!t I’ve read on this thread…

"

Well, you're all kinds of rude. Nothing compares to seeing a show live. I also saw the Apple TV+ version. It was beautifully done but the energy that was in that theater last night can't be felt through your TV.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

hearthemsing22
#34COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/22/21 at 7:31am

ACL2006 said: "CarlosAlberto said: "And while all of you went to a live theater and had to put up and tolerate your obnoxious and rude selves. I just had to open up a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, grab my remote…click on my AppleTV+ app on my 4K UHD Smart TV and enjoy this show without having to put up with any of the bullish!t I’ve read on this thread…

"

Well, you're all kinds of rude. Nothing compares to seeing a show live. I also saw the Apple TV+ version. It was beautifully done but the energy that was in that theater last night can't be felt through your TV.

"

completely agreed 

Updated On: 9/22/21 at 07:31 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#35COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/25/21 at 9:53pm

Went to the show tonight and was just as moved as I was the very first time I saw it. It just hits different live than it does on tv and especially with a sold out audience. The cast is still visibly emotional by the reactions they’re getting which just makes me even happier to be back.

Globefan
#36COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/25/21 at 9:54pm

Was Chad there? 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#37COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/25/21 at 9:55pm

Globefan said: "Was Chad there?"

He is not in the cast anymore.

Oh look, a bibu!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#38COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/25/21 at 9:59pm

James Seol plays those roles now. He was excellent! Loved seeing an Asian man in the role, as well as Pearl Sun in the cast. I had no idea she was in this!

ghostlight2
#39COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 9/26/21 at 1:45am

Pearl Sun was an standby/understudy for much of CFA's run. She is currently covering the role(s) originated by Petrina Bromley, who will be returning.

gibsons2
#40COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 10/2/21 at 11:49am

Please help me with choosing seats for Come From Away. I'm trying to decide between center mid-rear mezzanine, side orchestra (seats in row L 13, 15) and I even consider rear "partial view" seats in mezz row A, which don't look so bad at all especially at $49. I spent significant time on View from my seat but still can't decide. TDF offers mezzanine tickets but there's no way of knowing which part of mezz.

Please help!

Updated On: 10/2/21 at 11:49 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#41COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 10/2/21 at 12:48pm

I've sat in those partial view seats. You miss very little.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#42COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 11/20/21 at 9:33pm

At today's matinee of Come from Away, every audience member was given a $200 American Express gift card by an anonymous donor. What an amazing surprise!

https://www.tiktok.com/@joshuadavisf/video/7032771915102194991

Fosse76
#43COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 11/20/21 at 10:28pm

Actually, everyone in the building, from ushers to actors, also received the $200 gift card. The staff, crew, and actors were also given free dinner. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#44COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 11/20/21 at 10:34pm

When you think about the show, one of its main themes is paying it forward and to be kind. The anonymous donor was very generous and hopefully the audience/crew/staff/actors will pay it forward especially during this time of Thanksgiving.

There's a line at the end where the owner of the company gives $100 each year to his employees just to pay it forward.

Islander_fan
#45COME FROM AWAY Reopening Night Thread
Posted: 11/21/21 at 10:51am

Fosse76 said: "Actually, everyone in the building, from ushers to actors, also received the $200 gift card. The staff, crew, and actors were also given free dinner."

It is true and it was lovely. We had a nice catered meal served to us during our break between shows. I mean, depending on the show there are times this time of year when the powers that be do this (depending on the show) and it’s always an enjoyable thing for everyone when it does happen. We al enjoyed it. 

But, (and this falls into the category of one man’s trash being another ones treasure ) we think that the reason why ushers got cards is that the benefactor thought it was going to be a full house but it sadly was far from. Yet, at the same time, I am not complaining