pixeltracker

JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread- Page 4

JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#75JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/5/21 at 1:55pm

If anyone is interested I got confirmation from a reliable source that Heidi is in the show full time until November 17th, then I believe she and Elizabeth will start splitting weeks.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#76JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/5/21 at 5:51pm

gleek4114 said: "If anyone is interested I got confirmation from a reliable source that Heidi is in the show full time until November 17th, then I believe she and Elizabeth will start splitting weeks. "

Really hope they post a MJ schedule. Want to see Heidi's MJ so bad 

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Globefan
#77JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/5/21 at 10:01pm

Do you think Diablo Cody did the rewrites or do you think other people did it? 

JaredBway
#78JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/5/21 at 11:45pm

ACL2006 said: "gleek4114 said: "If anyone is interested I got confirmation from a reliable source that Heidi is in the show full time until November 17th, then I believe she and Elizabeth will start splitting weeks. "

Really hope they post a MJ schedule. Want to see Heidi's MJ so bad
"

same... agreed.  I wanna see Heidi in January. 

gibsons2
#79JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/8/21 at 9:13pm

I saw JLP last week and definitely encourage everyone to see it if they haven't yet or to revisit ithe show. Since I saw it only once before the pandemic, I don't remember the details that were changed, as well as some people do. But I can tell that the show doesn't feel clunky or "all over the place" as it used to. The story goes seamlessly, with issues touched being enriching and beneficial to the whole story. Whatever rewritings and reworks were done, they helped the show to become way more well rounded and full of sense. It wasn't just loud hot mess it used to be two years ago. I feel it finally became that important, impactful musical it always intended to be. Of course, Heidi was the star of the show. She is so masterful and amazing as an actress. Highly recommend seeing her while she is in the show full time.

broadfan327
#80JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/10/21 at 12:06am

I saw it tonight.  Police (I saw what looked like police badges on them) removed a person and companion sitting in the row in front of me I assume because of their constant talking (at one point I think the person was talking on the phone). 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#81JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/13/21 at 1:59am

Caught the show tonight (11/12), and I must say the energy was through the roof. The theatre was close to being sold out, but my friend and I lucked into "rush" tickets around 5pm. Heidi is absolutely stunning, she's quite possibly doing the best work of her career. Even if the show isn't for you, if you're thinking about seeing it for Heidi it's 100% worth it just to hear her rip through this score like it's nothing. Lauren Patten also received a mid-show standing ovation after You Outta Know... I assume this is normal, and while it was completely deserved I was a bit shocked it happened. Moral of the story is the show is in amazing shape, Heidi is giving a powerhouse performance, and it was well worth my $40 "rush" ticket!

Updated On: 11/13/21 at 01:59 AM

gigi1234
#82JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/13/21 at 10:57am

gleek4114 said: "Caught the show tonight (11/12), and I must say the energy was through the roof. The theatre was close to being sold out, but my friend and I lucked into "rush" tickets around 5pm. Heidi is absolutely stunning, she's quite possibly doing the best work of her career. Even if the show isn't for you, if you're thinking about seeing it for Heidi it's 100% worth it just to hear her rip through this score like it's nothing. Lauren Patten also received a mid-show standing ovation after You Outta Know... I assume this is normal, and while it was completely deserved I was a bit shocked it happened. Moral of the story is the show is in amazing shape, Heidi is giving a powerhouse performance, and it was well worth my $40 "rush" ticket!"

how did you get rush tickets? i was under the impression JLP wasn’t doing rush yet. thanks! :)

theoriginoflove
#83JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/15/21 at 5:27pm

Can confirm that there is rush. I did it on 11/12 as well. First person arrived at 8:35am. I was the second person at 8:40am and then third person came at 8:50. No one came after us and then box office opened at 10am. I got MezzO E27

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#84JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/15/21 at 5:30pm

Anyone have confirmation that Stanley is returning this week and is there some kind of MJ schedule yet?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#85JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/15/21 at 5:39pm

ACL2006 said: "Anyone have confirmation that Stanley is returning this week and is there some kind of MJ schedule yet?"

Stanley is still scheduled to have her first show back on Thursday. As for the rest of this week, Heidi is only doing the Sat/Sun matinees. I don't think they've yet published a weekly schedule past that though.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#86JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/16/21 at 12:14pm

There's zero mention of Stanley returning this week on any of their socials or the show's website. Furthermore, JAGGED is only doing 7 shows a week(except during the holidays), so I could see Stanley doing 4 shows and Heidi doing 3 shows a week until the end of the year.

ClydeBarrow
#87JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/16/21 at 12:49pm

ACL2006 said: "There's zero mention of Stanley returning this week on any of their socials or the show's website. Furthermore, JAGGED is only doing 7 shows a week(except during the holidays), so I could see Stanley doing 4 shows and Heidi doing 3 shows a week until the end of the year."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWHPPdRFgcG/

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#88JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/16/21 at 1:12pm

ClydeBarrow said: "ACL2006 said: "There's zero mention of Stanley returning this week on any of their socials or the show's website. Furthermore, JAGGED is only doing 7 shows a week(except during the holidays), so I could see Stanley doing 4 shows and Heidi doing 3 shows a week until the end of the year."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWHPPdRFgcG/
"

Thanks. Still nothing from the show itself though. Would be nice of them to put out an actual schedule.

InTheBathroom1
#89JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/16/21 at 8:27pm

As of the playbill today, Heidi is doing Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday matinee, and Sunday. Elizabeth is doing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening. Rushed at about 1:30 this afternoon and got front row in the left most seat. Heidi kills it

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#90JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/16/21 at 8:30pm

InTheBathroom1 said: "As of the playbill today, Heidi is doing Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday matinee, and Sunday. Elizabeth is doing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening. Rushed at about 1:30 this afternoon and got front row in the left most seat. Heidi kills it"

Good to know. I would love to see Blickenstaff as MJ.

Oh look, a bibu!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#91JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/16/21 at 9:38pm

Jordan Levinson said: "InTheBathroom1 said: "As of the playbill today, Heidi is doing Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday matinee, and Sunday. Elizabeth is doing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening. Rushed at about 1:30 this afternoon and got front row in the left most seat. Heidi kills it"

Good to know. I would love to see Blickenstaff as MJ.
"

Same.

JaredBway
#92JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/16/21 at 11:04pm

I'm heading to the city in January, I have two slots open, Tuesday and Thursday evenings.  I'm trying to decide when to book Jagged to catch Heidi.  Maybe Tuesday?  IDK.

I'm thinking of filling the other slot with Flying Over Sunset.

BoringBoredBoard40
#93JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/16/21 at 11:18pm

Saw it tonight, Heidi is AMAZING and Lauren got a mid show ovation after You Oughta Know

enjoyed it, feels like Next To Normal on Speed at times but its overall a decent night at the theater

bwayoutdoors
#94JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/16/21 at 11:27pm

JaredBway said: "I'm heading to the city in January, I have two slots open, Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I'm trying to decide when to book Jagged to catch Heidi. Maybe Tuesday? IDK.

"

I believe in Elizabeth’s IG announcement about her return she wrote that starting in January it will be a 6/2 split of Elizabeth/Heidi. Not sure what that will look like in terms of which shows each take, but it won’t be the schedule that was posted for now. Both are excellent in the role though. 

JaredBway
#95JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/16/21 at 11:50pm

bwayoutdoors said: "JaredBway said: "I'm heading to the city in January, I have two slots open, Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I'm trying to decide when to book Jagged to catch Heidi. Maybe Tuesday? IDK.

"

I believe in Elizabeth’s IG announcement about her return she wrote that starting in January it will be a 6/2 split of Elizabeth/Heidi. Not sure what that will look like in terms of which shows each take, but it won’t be the schedule that was posted for now. Both are excellent in the role though.
"

Thanks, I had noticed that, I don't see Elizabeth taking off Wednesday and Saturday matinee though, if she wants more time at home I'm thinking maybe she will take off Sunday mat and Tuesday evening, giving her a three day weekend as well as Thursday and Friday days to be at home.

Of course this is all in my head though, who knows really?

ClydeBarrow
#96JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/17/21 at 11:06am

Saw the show again last night specifically for Heidi's performance. Her take on the role is obviously perfect. I didn't love her Smiling but I think that's because the ensemble in the scene wasn't as tight as it was originally. Her Wake Up was great but the real level up was Uninvited for me. Elizabeth sang from a place of anger but Heidi was more broken down. I think they changed the staging during some of these parts to integrate Bella more and show the parallel between the two. 

With regard to the returning cast, Lauren, Kathryn and Derek were even better than they were pre-pandemic. I used to think You Oughta Know was over praised but now it totally deserves the reception. My only critique is that she gets a standing ovation but it's followed by Uninvited which Paulus didn't include any stop for applause.

The new cast members were truly a letdown though. Morgan Dudley is just bad. She can't sing or act the part. I just sat there wishing that WILLOW would be the new Frankie because she would kill it! I need to put that out into the universe to get it to happen. Adi Roy as Phoenix was equally matched with Dudley because he was bad too. It was really difficult to care about this storyline because I didn't want to watch either of them act nor hear them sing.

Overall it was an enjoyable evening back to see Heidi who found more of a humorous side of MJ but also knocked it out of the park in the emotional scenes.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#97JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/17/21 at 1:51pm

gigi1234 said: "gleek4114 said: "Caught the show tonight (11/12), and I must say the energy was through the roof. The theatre was close to being sold out, but my friend and I lucked into "rush" tickets around 5pm. Heidi is absolutely stunning, she's quite possibly doing the best work of her career. Even if the show isn't for you, if you're thinking about seeing it for Heidi it's 100% worth it just to hear her rip through this score like it's nothing. Lauren Patten also received a mid-show standing ovation after You Outta Know... I assume this is normal, and while it was completely deserved I was a bit shocked it happened. Moral of the story is the show is in amazing shape, Heidi is giving a powerhouse performance, and it was well worth my $40 "rush" ticket!"

how did you get rush tickets? i was under the impression JLP wasn’t doing rush yet. thanks! :)
"

It’s a bit confusing. I was under the impression rush wasn’t a thing as well. I went to the box office with a discount code and while discussing options with the clerk he offered rush to us in the moment. Idk if they have them every performance or if it was a “let’s help this guy out” kind of thing, but I’m very thankful, because he saved my friend and I about $70 each and we ended up with near perfect seats.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#98JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/18/21 at 11:34am

I saw the show again yesterday afternoon to see Heidi in the role and she is absolutely perfect in every way. This role played to so many of her strengths between vocally and with a mix of humor and the dramatic. I'd seen the show before prior to the shutdown and Elizabeth did a wonderful job, but this truly felt so much more organic with Heidi at the helm. Can Broadway please start casting her in more things? Because, she is absolutely incredible. 

I'm not the biggest fan of the show as I feel it bites off way more than it can chew with the issues it attempts to tackle all at once. The score and the arrangements of the songs are truly the stars of the show. I loved Morgan Dudley's Frankie and I enjoyed Adi Roy as Phoenix as they were the two newest performances to the show as I'd previously seen Celia and John Cardoza as an understudy for Phoenix. The drama around Lauren Patten has really soured my opinion of her performance, but she did get several people out of their seats at the end of You Oughta Know and vocally she still delivers. Kathryn, Derek, and Sean continue to make the best of their material they are given. 

Yesterday they only had a matinee and I walked up around 1:30pm and got a rush ticket in the front mezzanine and the mezzanine was at best 30% full which I'm sure is more to do with the day and time, but it was kind of a yikes. 

If you're just casually interested in seeing the show, I highly suggest going to see it with Heidi as she truly is perfect. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 11/18/21 at 11:34 AM

JaredBway
#99JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 11/18/21 at 4:32pm

MJ schedule is now on JLPs website

https://jaggedlittlepill.com/tickets/

Videos