pixeltracker

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more- Page 5

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#100Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/20/22 at 12:55pm

KJisgroovy said: "Any idea about a short extension? Seems to be quite the hit so at least some extension seems obvious but non-profits can be so weird about these things."

HAMILTON and FUN HOME both ran 15 weeks at the Newman. SUFFS is currently on sale for 7 weeks. I don't see anything else slated for the Newman this spring/summer, so maybe could extend if the strong demand continues?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#101Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/20/22 at 1:02pm

Can someone give a little more info about the recorded gunshots, for those of us with sensitivities?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#102Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/20/22 at 1:32pm

An Exclusive First Look at the Public Theater's Suffs

The new musical, written by Shaina Taub, opens April 6 

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/a39465940/public-theater-suffs-shaina-taub-leigh-silverman-interview/ 

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

conealpetterson
#103Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/20/22 at 4:26pm

There were no gunshots that I recall.  My son and I are both sensitive to loud noises and there weren’t any. 

TaffyDavenport
#104Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/20/22 at 5:04pm

conealpetterson said: "There were no gunshots that I recall. My son and I are both sensitive to loud noises and there weren’t any."

Ok, thanks for clarifying. It says that there are on the Public's website, along with theatrical haze, open flame, strobing lights, and strobing lights that mimic camera flashes. 

conealpetterson
#105Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/20/22 at 9:53pm

There is a sudden noise to start both acts that startled us a little, but it wasn’t loud. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#106Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/20/22 at 10:17pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Ok, thanks for clarifying. It says that there are on the Public's website, along with theatrical haze, open flame, strobing lights, and strobing lights that mimic camera flashes."

below is questionably a spoiler about tech stuff?

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

There is a "fire pit" on stage at one point. It's big and the flames are real.

There are quickly-changing lights on one part of the stage for a matter of seconds, but I wouldn't call them strobes.

The house lights drop to black immediately at the start of acts 1 and 2.

Overall extremely tame compared to the majority of modern, light-heavy musicals (with the exception of the flames) based on what I remember from the show.

Updated On: 3/20/22 at 10:17 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#107Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/20/22 at 10:18pm

Also just remembered there was a lyric mentioning Joan of Arc, which made me giggle remembering the Public's own bad attempt at a JoA musical a few years ago. Glad David Byrne and Alex Timbers have gone on to better things!

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#108Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/21/22 at 12:09am

2 hours out from seeing this tonight and it's truly just so SO good!! It was Holly Gould's first night on as Alice Paul and she was utterly fantastic! If you miss Shaina Taub, you will absolutely be in good hands! 

Now to just impatiently wait for transfer and cast recording info, can't come soon enough!!

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#109Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/21/22 at 1:47pm

Jakeevan942 said: "While last night was the 4th preview that became the first preview, it felt very much like an invited dress crowd-the entire cast of a current Broadway show in the few rows in front of me, assorted other Broadway performers around the venue, at least one major TV star who has worked with folks involved before, friends of the producers.

I'd expect to start hearing more buzz from regular folks over the next few days.
"

Rachel Brosnahan posted about attending the first preview. And according to Deuxmoi, LMM and Leo DiCaprio saw SUFFS as well!

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#110Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/21/22 at 3:11pm

Rachel Brosnahan's best friend, Rachel Sussman, is one of the two commercial producers behind the Public production (along with the deep-pocketed Jill Furman).

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#111Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/21/22 at 7:56pm

Anxiously awaiting news of another extension so o can get tickets, I really wanna see this in Mid May!

Alessio2
#112Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/22/22 at 9:16pm

For those of you looking for tickets, keep checking back every day as I was able to score 2 tickets for Friday in April for the front row. Has anybody sat front row at that theater for this show before? Is that a good view or way too close? Wondering how high the stage is etc. thanks in advance!

Alessio2
#113Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/22/22 at 9:17pm

For those of you looking for tickets, keep checking back every day as I was able to score 2 tickets for Friday in April for the front row. Has anybody sat front row at that theater for this show before? Is that a good view or way too close? Wondering how high the stage is etc. thanks in advance!

52889j
#114Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/24/22 at 11:08am

Has anyone successfully purchased a TodayTix rush ticket? Starting to feel insane smashing buttons to no avail at precisely 9:00am to 9:10-ish.

melora
#115Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/24/22 at 11:18am

The view from the front row is fine, and the stage, though raised a bit from normal, is not too high.  However, at times stage lights bothered our eyes, especially in the first few minutes. 

qafgenius122
#116Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/24/22 at 3:28pm

I attempted the TodayTix rush today for the first time… I’ve had luck with many of their rushes in the past, though sometimes it did take me multiple attempts before succeeding. However today I was very lucky and got in. I did feel very good about the speed of my button Tap tho lol. But just confirming it’s not impossible.

JasonC3
#117Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/25/22 at 12:55pm

Two American Express card seats at $175 just popped up for Friday, April 15. Right at the front.

TaffyDavenport
#118Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/25/22 at 1:15pm

Extended to 5/15. Tickets on sale now, starting at $125.

Updated On: 3/25/22 at 01:15 PM

ashley0139
#119Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/25/22 at 3:02pm

Just got mine! So excited! 

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

bstoll1
#120Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/27/22 at 1:57pm

With fees how much do the tickets cost? Also for those who have seen it is it really worth $125?

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#121Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/27/22 at 2:20pm

I would ASSUME this will move to Broadway––as long as the critics love it––sometime within the next 13 months, where it would readily be available for under $100 (discount codes, TDF, TKTS, etc). But I'm not a betting person.

If it doesn't get a love letter from the NYT (or at least a very encouraging review with a few reservations) it would be hard to see it make the move uptown.

Updated On: 3/27/22 at 02:20 PM

willep
#122Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/27/22 at 4:50pm

Saw it last night and really loved it from start to finish. If nothing else, I certainly hope they at least do a cast recording.

Det95
#123Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/28/22 at 8:42am

There was a massive ticket drop last night and I was able to get tickets for Easter night. After reading all the reactions on here I'm very excited for this one.

tgirl16
#124Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 3/28/22 at 8:46am

Do they typically release tickets at specific times? Would love to catch this when I visit at the end of April or if they extend again in early June…