pixeltracker

Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6

Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#1Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 5/28/22 at 11:33pm

“The Good Fight”, which stars Broadways Christine Baranski, will end with the upcoming Season 6 according to the showrunners. The season has begun filming and is likely to wrap up this summer. The season premiere is September 8. 

Baranski has been filming the second season of “ The Gilded Age” which is expected to premiere next January   . 

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 5/29/22 at 1:19am

The only option for a Joanne replacement that matters. Fingers crossed. 

KFC1991
#3Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 5/29/22 at 1:21am

Thank you for this information. I watch both shows.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 5/29/22 at 1:59am

WiCkEDrOcKS said: "The only option for a Joanne replacement that matters. Fingers crossed."

Let's manifest this into existence. Like that one user who used to incessantly post about how Alma Cuervo should be the one to replace Judy Kuhn in THE VISIT when it moved to Broadway. (She didn't.)

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#5Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 5/30/22 at 11:22pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "WiCkEDrOcKS said: "The only option for a Joanne replacement that matters. Fingers crossed."

Let's manifest this into existence. Like that one user who used to incessantly post about how Alma Cuervo should be the one to replace Judy Kuhn in THE VISIT when it moved to Broadway. (She didn't.)
"

The timing would be perfect for her. No series to film, she’s free for the stage. 

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#6Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 5/31/22 at 11:14am

David10086 said: "“The Good Fight”, which stars Broadways Christine Baranski, will end with the upcoming Season 6 according to the showrunners. The season has begun filming and is likely to wrap up this summer. The season premiere is September 8.

this is sad news for sure, as i have watched every episode as must-see TV...but all good things have to end  i suppose...Christine Baranski can do no wrong as an actress...well maybe Momma Mia was wrong...lol

SidebySidebyLogan Profile Photo
SidebySidebyLogan
#7Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 5/31/22 at 11:24am

I'm excited to see what the King's do next. I have not watched Evil but it's high on my list to start next. I loved their show they did between The Good Wife and The Good Fight, Brain Dead.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#8Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 1/31/23 at 11:59pm

Looks like the King’s are creating a spin-off show for Elsbeth Tascioni. Love Carrie Preston’s Elsbeth. Can’t wait.

CBS Orders Pilots For ‘The Good Wife’ Spinoff ‘Elsbeth’ Starring Carrie Preston

BETTY22
#9Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 10:52am

Lets hope she return to the theatre 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#10Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 11:01am

Add me to the chorus of voices hoping she'll return to theatre, play or musical. She was supposed to do a Broadway play revival for Roundabout a few seasons ago but the entire production fell through because of her schedule.

Updated On: 2/1/23 at 11:01 AM

DooWahDiddy Profile Photo
DooWahDiddy
#11Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 12:41pm

I helped teach her her songs for the second Mamma Mia movie, and she was a delight! Very sweet and eager to learn.

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#12Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 1:11pm

nice to know that she's "eager to learn"

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#13Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 3:56pm

Melissa25 said: "Looks like the King’s are creating a spin-off show for Elsbeth Tascioni. Love Carrie Preston’s Elsbeth. Can’t wait.

CBS Orders Pilots For ‘The Good Wife’ Spinoff ‘Elsbeth’ Starring Carrie Preston
"

I'm more excited about this news than any possibility of Baranski returning to the theater. Preston's "Elsbeth" is a joy to watch on television. Just give the show a decent timeslot and it will be a hit. 

Ke3
#14Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 4:05pm

Interesting that the new spinoff is going to CBS proper. The Good Fight was used to launch CBS All Access (now Paramount+) undoubtedly sacrificing some viewership and now they're quietly walking that back. Albeit with a new spin-off.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#15Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 4:42pm

I think the move back to CBS is more because a police procedural fits much better with their broadcast roster than on Paramount+. I really loved the creative liberties the Kings have been able to take on streaming with The Good Fight and seasons two and three of Evil, but I could envision a show like this making more sense on network.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#16Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 4:45pm

PianoMann said: "I think the move back to CBS is more because a police procedural fits much better with their broadcast roster than on Paramount+. I really loved the creative liberties the Kings have been able to take on streaming with The Good Fight and seasons two and three of Evil, but I could envision a show like this making more sense on network."

GOOD FIGHT's life on "CBS All Access" (and then Paramount+ after the rebranding) was a risk, and Viacom was using it to try to gain viewers for their brand-new streaming platform. I would love to see what the actual viewership numbers were for the first few seasons...my guess is they were small. Some people eventually caught on, but that show's life and awards attention would have been much, much different had it started on CBS.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#17Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 4:51pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "PianoMann said: "I think the move back to CBS is more because a police procedural fits much better with their broadcast roster than on Paramount+. I really loved the creative liberties the Kings have been able to take on streaming with The Good Fight and seasons two and three of Evil, but I could envision a show like this making more sense on network."

GOOD FIGHT's life on "CBS All Access" (and then Paramount+ after the rebranding) was a risk, and Viacom was using it to try to gain viewers for their brand-new streaming platform.I would love to see what the actual viewership numbers were for the first few seasons...my guess is they weresmall.Some people eventually caught on, but that show's life and awards attention would have been much, much different had it started on CBS.
"

Oh no question! But I also think it would have been a much lesser show had it stayed on CBS. The first season definitely felt like a conventional Good Wife off-shoot that they used to launch their new streamer, but it never could have become the legal-political-satire-thriller it grew into if it had stayed on network. And as a viewer, I would have gladly traded the viewership again for the brilliant, bonkers show they got to make. The awards should have followed, but the lack of eyeballs was always its problem there.

DooWahDiddy
#18Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 11:06pm

Impeach2017 said: "nice to know that she's "eager to learn""

I guess you're being sarcastic, but yeah, I said exactly what I meant. Film actors/actresses aren't like theatre people, regardless of how much experience she may have on stage (of which I have no idea, to be honest). So no, picking up a piece of sheet music and sight-reading her way through it was not exactly her method (nor was it the top priority, it being film and all). But her eagerness and good nature made the process fun for all involved, and I consider myself lucky to have worked with her. Does that help?

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#19Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/1/23 at 11:24pm

"(of which I have no idea, to be honest)"

Baranski spent her childhood doing musical theatre, graduated from Juilliard, won 2 Tonys, and has played prominent roles in many stage musicals (including Nick & Nora, the title role in Mame, Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney, Charlotte in ALNM, Carlotta in Follies). She has as much musical theatre cred as people who do it for a living.

DooWahDiddy
#20Baranski’s “ The Good Fight” to end with Season 6
Posted: 2/2/23 at 12:03am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: ""(of which I have no idea, to be honest)"

Baranski spent her childhood doing musical theatre, graduated from Juilliard, won 2 Tonys, and has played prominent roles in many stage musicals (including Nick & Nora, the title role in Mame, Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney, Charlotte in ALNM, Carlotta in Follies). She has as much musical theatre cred as people who do it for a living.
"

That's awesome! I still stand by what I said, and it wasn't meant to be a criticism of her.