pixeltracker

PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23- Page 5

PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#100PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 11/16/22 at 8:34am

I bit the bullet and bought one. This just feels can't miss and is worth being in pain. I got an aisle seat, so that should definitely help. This is definitely the furthest out I've ever bought a ticket. Maybe in the end I'll go and rush it or something and can sell this ticket to a small friend, but it just feels worth it to have it. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#101PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 11/16/22 at 8:41am

jkcohen626 said: "I bit the bullet and bought one. This just feels can't miss and is worth being in pain. I got an aisle seat, so that should definitely help. This is definitely the furthest out I've ever bought a ticket. Maybe in the end I'll go and rush it or something and can sell this ticket to a small friend, but it just feels worth it to have it."

To be fair, those cheap seats in the rear mezzanine are no less comfortable than the ones across the aisle that cost 3x as much. It's an amazing deal. Here's a comparable view, from F 131:

Updated On: 11/16/22 at 08:41 AM

TaffyDavenport
#102PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 11/16/22 at 10:06am

FYI, they released the $31 seats on the right side mezzanine for the general sale.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#103PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 12/8/22 at 2:23am

This is now streaming through NT at Home if you want to watch from your living room.

The play is good but her peformance is way above the material.

It is beyond me how a human being can learn that, peform it at that level and do it several times a week. It truly seems impossible.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

BoringBoredBoard40
#104PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 12/8/22 at 2:25am

blaxx said: "This is now streaming through NT at Home if you want to watch from your living room.

It is beyond me how a human being can learn that, peform it at that level and do it several times a week. It truly seems impossible.

"

blocked in the US but a good VPN will help with that

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#105PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 12/8/22 at 2:37am

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "blaxx said: "This is now streaming through NT at Home if you want to watch from your living room.

"

"

Ah, didn't know, thanks for clarifying. It is available in Canada.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#106PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 12/8/22 at 9:38am

holy moly this is amazing. how does she do this every night? im an hour in and this is exhausting, and the Tony goes to...

Updated On: 12/8/22 at 09:38 AM

TarHeelAlan
#107PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 12/8/22 at 10:52am

blaxx said: "BoringBoredBoard40 said: "blaxx said: "This is now streaming through NT at Home if you want to watch from your living room."

"

"Ah, didn't know, thanks for clarifying. It is available in Canada.
"

I tried this, and the login stated that it was only available to AmEx UK cardholders, so my US AmEx didn't get me in. Anybody care to share how you're getting this outside the UK? Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean about using "a good VPN".  Bought tix for the Broadway run, but would love to see the film version as well. Please feel free to PM me. 

JasonC3
#108PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 12/8/22 at 12:54pm

Virtual Private Networks let you select the country of origin that others sites read as hosting your IP address, so they essentially allow you to mask your log-on originating in the US.

TarHeelAlan
#109PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 12/8/22 at 1:10pm

JasonC3 said: "Virtual Private Networks let you select the country of origin that others sites read as hosting your IP address, so they essentially allow you to mask your log-on originating in the US."

Right, I understand what a VPN does, but they are asking for the first four digits of the AmEx card, presumably to determine if it's owned by a UK cardholder. Are you saying that all they are basing it on is IP address, and the four digits are not the determining factor in accessing the stream? 

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#110PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 12/8/22 at 1:21pm

TarHeelAlan said: "JasonC3 said: "Virtual Private Networks let you select the country of origin that others sites read as hosting your IP address, so they essentially allow you to mask your log-on originating in the US."

Right, I understand what a VPN does, but they are asking for the first four digits of the AmEx card, presumably to determine if it's owned by a UK cardholder. Are you saying that all they are basing it on is IP address, and the four digits are not the determining factor in accessing the stream?

"

Yes, if you were to watch it in the UK for example, a simple subscription would be enough.

I'm in Canada atm and just logged in and watched.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#111PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 1/31/23 at 7:25am

Marquee is up at the Golden Theatre!
Instagram Post

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince
Updated On: 1/31/23 at 07:25 AM

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#112PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 2/17/23 at 12:28pm

Just an FYI that if you were looking to buy the cheap $22 ($31 w/fees) tickets to the show, they are nearly all gone and mostly can be found starting late May/Early June.

The phone attendant for Telecharge said they were almost all gone

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#113PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 2/23/23 at 3:22pm

Just got an advertising mailing card this week for the show, plus an email directing me to artwork.

Can.Not.Wait!

TaffyDavenport
#114PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 3/29/23 at 11:08am

$10 lottery begins next Wednesday for the following week's performances, and 10 seats will be available for each.

Updated On: 3/29/23 at 11:08 AM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#115PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 3/29/23 at 11:12am

TaffyDavenport said: "$10 lottery begins with next Wednesday's performance, and 10 seats will be available."

The $10 tickets will be released every Wednesday — starting next week (April 5) — for the following week's performances. Previews don't start until April 11. 

Oh look, a bibu!

TaffyDavenport
#116PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 3/29/23 at 11:13am

Thanks, missed that.

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#117PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 3/29/23 at 11:47am

For those who've seen this production live or the recording, without spoilers if possible, how graphic is the dialogue on sex and sexual assault? I'm trying to figure out if our 12 year old daughter would be up for the material.

Charley Kringas Inc Profile Photo
Charley Kringas Inc
#118PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 3/29/23 at 12:18pm

I don't recall the exact language used, but the initial assault sequence is staged in a pretty explicit manner and much of the second half of the show is spent revisiting it. I'm pretty unflappable when it comes to depictions of appalling things onstage or screen but Prima Facie rattled me. Most places have listed it as being something like 15+ which feels generally appropriate - it's an intense depiction.

Dylan Smith4
#119PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 3/29/23 at 1:37pm

Piparoo said: "For those who've seen this production live or the recording, without spoilers if possible, how graphic is the dialogue on sex and sexual assault? I'm trying to figure out if our 12 year old daughter would be up for the material."

I watched the NT Live recording, and I will say this. The dialogue about sexual assault is pretty explicit. I would say 15 and older would be appropriate. That being said, this show has a very important message addressing sexual and how many women have been silenced over the years. I think seeing this live would have a greater impact than seeing the recording. I will leave this up to you regarding taking your 12-year-old to see it, but I think that's too young for this. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

TarHeelAlan
#120PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 3/29/23 at 6:14pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "Piparoo said: "For those who've seen this production live or the recording, without spoilers if possible, how graphic is the dialogue on sex and sexual assault? I'm trying to figure out if our 12 year old daughter would be up for the material."

I watched the NT Live recording, and I will say this. The dialogue about sexual assault is pretty explicit. I would say 15 and older would be appropriate. That being said, this show has a very important message addressing sexual and how many women have been silenced over the years. I think seeing this live would have a greater impact than seeing the recording. I will leave this up to you regarding taking your 12-year-old to see it, but I think that's too young for this.
"

Agree with Dylan Smith4: I have seen the film of the West End production, and have tickets to see the show later in the Broadway run. I also have an adult daughter who once was a 12 year old kid. At that age, I would not have taken her to see this show, it's just too intense about a very disturbing subject. I think this is at least high school junior/senior level, not pre-teen. That said, you know your child better than me, but based on the film I think she would have to be a very wise-beyond-her-years kid to even consider taking her to Prima Facie. 

On the show's website is the following that might be of help to you: "As much as we don't want to give away any 'spoilers', we recognize that this play can cause distress or trigger challenging emotions for some of our audience members. Please contact info@empirestreetproductions.com before you book if there are themes that are particularly upsetting to you and you want to discuss the production further."  They do say recommended for ages 12+, but one man's opinion is that 12 is a little too young. 

Updated On: 3/29/23 at 06:14 PM

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#121PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 3/29/23 at 7:36pm

Thanks for the helpful advice on age appropriateness. I’d love to experience this performance with my daughter but agree that it may be too intense. We’ll catch A Doll’s House instead.

Dylan Smith4
#122PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 3/29/23 at 9:11pm

Piparoo said: "Thanks for the helpful advice on age appropriateness. I’d love to experience this performance with my daughter but agree that it may be too intense. We’ll catch A Doll’s House instead."

Also, Prima Facie was filmed by the National Theatre during its London run. It was on their streaming platform for a limited time for UK viewers. Hopefully, they will bring that back in the future. It's too much of a masterpiece to keep out of the public eye. Hopefully, when it's back on the platform, you can then show your daughter when she's a little older. Have fun at A Doll's House!

TaffyDavenport
#123PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 4/3/23 at 10:30am

Front-row orchestra seats are now on sale for all performances, $189-199.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#124PRIMA FACIE Starring Jodie Comer Coming Spring '23
Posted: 4/3/23 at 11:09am

TaffyDavenport said: "$10 lottery begins next Wednesday for the following week's performances, and 10 seats will be available for each."

Couldn't they of just said a select number or the front row, saying only 10 tickets to each performance will be sold for $10 feels like a let them eat cake moment. 

Videos