pixeltracker

Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25- Page 12

Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#275Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 3:51pm

Sutton Ross said: "Yeah, it's so sad. Justifying a bad performance on Broadway? Nah. Our standards are high since it's the best theater district in America. As it should be.

Looking forward to a new Fanny blowing the roof off that theater!
"

This would only make sense if many of the people bashing Beanie didn't turn around and salivate over Pamela Anderson in Chicago. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#276Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 4:03pm

joevitus said: "Sutton Ross said: "Yeah, it's so sad. Justifying a bad performance on Broadway? Nah. Our standards are high since it's the best theater district in America. As it should be.

Looking forward to a new Fanny blowing the roof off that theater!
"

This would only make sense if many of the people bashing Beanie didn't turn around and salivate over Pamela Anderson in Chicago.
"

Apples and Oranges. A different show presented and produced these days in a completely different way.  Also sold in a different way.    Pamela actually brought something to it.  I thoroughly enjoyed her.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#277Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 4:24pm

Pamela stepped up to the plate AND delivered.  She didn’t half-ass one second of her performance AND she did her entire run without missing a single performance AND this is from someone with zero stage, dance, and musical experience.  Broadway will gladly welcome her back with the same enthusiasm.  She proved herself she’s got what it takes.

The fiasco of FUNNY GIRL will be a dark cloud for Beanie, regarding any future Broadway musical.  

JSquared2
#278Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 4:30pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Pamela stepped up to the plate AND delivered. She didn’t half-ass one second of her performance AND she did her entire run without missing a single performance AND this is from someone with zero stage, dance, and musical experience. Broadway will gladly welcome her back with the same enthusiasm. She proved herself she’s got what it takes.

The fiasco of FUNNY GIRL will be a dark cloud for Beanie, regarding any future Broadway musical.
"

Just curious -- has any other theatrical performance ever traumatized you this badly?  Please seek professional help -- before it's too late!!

BrodyFosse123
#279Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 4:39pm

Do some fact checking.  I saw the Monday March 28, 2022 preview performance and posted my review, which to your shock was pretty much a rave.  I personally LOVED the revival, including Beanie.  She genuinely made me lose my sh*t during “His Love Makes Me Beautiful.”  My only sour note was Beanie’s nasal head voice she had to use to sing notes that didn’t sit comfortably in her range.  I’m the one who was first to suggest they adjust the score in her range.  It’s obvious she has a good voice and a beautiful vibrato.  It’s just the score isn’t suited for her vocal range so she has to struggle with it.  Take a look-see at my quite extensive review before making these alleged assumptions.  cheeky

OhHiii
#280Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 4:49pm

Brody's constant berating of a performance they liked (?) aside, the point that this production will impact her future work on Broadway is likely an accurate one. I don't blame Beanie, I blame Sonia Friedman and her producing partners for setting Beanie up for colossal failure. 

JSquared2
#281Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 4:58pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Do some fact checking. I saw the Monday March 28, 2022 preview performance and posted my review, which to your shock was pretty much a rave. I personally LOVED the revival, including Beanie. She genuinely made me lose my sh*t during “His Love Makes Me Beautiful.” My only sour note was Beanie’s nasal head voice she had to use to sing notes that didn’t sit comfortably in her range. I’m the one who was first to suggest they adjust the score in her range. It’s obvious she has a good voice and a beautiful vibrato. It’s just the score isn’t suited for her vocal range so she has to struggle with it. Take a look-see at my quite extensive review before making these alleged assumptions.

Well then you must have been kicked in the head by mule or something --because in the interim you've posted dozens upon dozens of times how awful her performance is. 

pippy1
#282Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 5:38pm

I wish no black cloud on any actor (unless truly deserved) - but I don’t see Beanie in another role like this. I do, however, think she can command the stage and could do a straight comedy play or a smaller role in a musical that is comedic and not as vocally taxing. As I stated before, this was written especially for Streisand, and while other singers can do it, there are plenty who can’t. I, too, thought there were parts that Beanie sang beautifully, but she didn’t have the range, and that’s an issue that they should have known. I haven’t paid a ton of attention to the reasons she has been out, because truthfully I don’t think we should question if they call out - and I would hope they were all legitimate. If they weren’t, then my guess is word is out to those who make decisions. With that being said, she is a big draw and we know business decisions aren’t always made on talent alone. 

BWAY Baby2
#283Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 5:49pm

"this was written especially for Streisand, and while other singers can do it, there are plenty who can’t." ---------Name me one singer or actress who can do this role? The only performer I could think of- years ago- was Sandra Bernhard. She was eccentric and unique enough to pull it off.

Updated On: 6/27/22 at 05:49 PM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#284Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 5:54pm

BWAY Baby2 said: ""this was written especially for Streisand, and while other singers can do it, there are plenty who can’t." ---------Name me one singer or actress who can do this role? The only performer I could think of- years ago- was Sandra Bernhard. She was eccentric and unique enough to pull it off."

Julie Benko, for starters.

Updated On: 6/27/22 at 05:54 PM

Papi2013
#285Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 5:59pm

BWAY Baby2 said: ""this was written especially for Streisand, and while other singers can do it, there are plenty who can’t." ---------Name me one singer or actress who can do this role? The only performer I could think of- years ago- was Sandra Bernhard. She was eccentric and unique enough to pull it off."

Lea Michelle.

BrodyFosse123
#286Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 6:11pm

It’s Lea Michele, clueless super fan.

Penna2
#287Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 7:10pm

TaffyDavenport said: "BWAY Baby2 said: ""this was written especially for Streisand, and while other singers can do it, there are plenty who can’t." ---------Name me one singer or actress who can do this role? The only performer I could think of- years ago- was Sandra Bernhard. She was eccentric and unique enough to pull it off."

Julie Benko, for starters.
"

I haven't had the privilege of seeing Julie in the role, but have heard her sing, checked out her IGs and her background in theatre and how she treasures Fanny's memory. (Even trying to figure out a way to drum up the money for another cross-country trip.)

As for Sandra - great performer, but Fanny wasn't eccentric. Fanny was pretty quiet in "real" life. Worked her butt off doing whatever she had to do to get ahead: burlesque, artist's model, street shows for the neighborhood kids, but pretty solid in general. Great timing, yes, but her craziness was calculated for the performance. Barbra Streisand was eccentric in real life, but her Fanny was real, lovable and engaging. 

Which brings me to the 3rd person named: Lea Michelle. Talented lady, but she doesn't do Fanny, she does Barbra. I think if she was cast, that's what would be the first thing anyone would look at and she would lose because of it. 

What people may be finding particularly attractive about Julie is she is being Julie playing Fanny and disappears into the role - which one would hope happens with all good acting. No one is doing voice comparisons. Her humor comes from the material and the character (again I'm picking this up from personal experience reviews). 

This is probably what they hoped with Beanie. 

Penna2
#288Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 7:16pm

pippy1 said: "I wish no black cloud on any actor (unless truly deserved) - but I don’t see Beanie in another role like this. I do, however, think she can command the stage and could do a straight comedy play or a smaller role in a musical that is comedic and not as vocally taxing. As I stated before, this was written especially for Streisand, and while other singers can do it, there are plenty who can’t. I, too, thought there were parts that Beanie sang beautifully, but she didn’t have the range, and that’s an issue that they should have known. I haven’t paid a ton of attention to the reasons she has been out, because truthfully I don’t think we should question if they call out - and I would hope they were all legitimate. If they weren’t, then my guess is word is out to those who make decisions. With that being said, she is a big draw and we know business decisions aren’t always made on talent alone."

I'm not sure how big a draw she is now - she certainly was at the beginning. I really think people just want to see Funny Girl - warts and all. It's familiar, the music is great and it's comfort food - like The Music Man and Phantom. 

Penna2
#289Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 7:24pm

Interesting - FunnyGirlBroadway posted a photo of Julie on IG - the one in the red dress.

hearthemsing22
#290Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 7:50pm

Penna2 said: "Interesting - FunnyGirlBroadway posted a photo of Julie on IG - the one in the red dress."

I don’t see it on the page…

pippy1
#291Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 8:08pm

Well, judging by yesterday’s performance, the reaction from the crowd at Beanie’s entrance and really after every single on of her songs - plus the ovation she got at the end….I think the draw may still be Beanie. I suppose it could be because they were applauding “Fanny”, but it seemed to me to be otherwise.

BrodyFosse123
#292Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 8:22pm

EVERY show on Broadway gets cheers when the lead makes their stage entrance and after every musical number and ALL Broadway shows get a standing ovation when the lead comes out for their curtain call.  What you witnessed wasn’t Beanie being explosive.  Its the normal scenario at every play and musical on Broadway.  Where ya been, Betty Sue?  cheeky

Penna2
#293Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 9:02pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Penna2 said: "Interesting - FunnyGirlBroadway posted a photo of Julie on IG - the one in the red dress."

I don’t see it on the page…
"

I couldn't copy it (sooooo tech limited!), but here is a montage Robbie2 put together. The photo I was referring to was the upper right.

TaffyDavenport
#294Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 9:12pm

That pic of Julie isn't on their Instagram. 

Penna2
#295Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 9:20pm

TaffyDavenport said: "That pic of Julie isn't on their Instagram."

I'm looking at it right now: it was posted yesterday. frown

funnygirlbroadway

August Wilson Theatre on Broadway

TaffyDavenport
#296Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 9:24pm

Penna2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "That pic of Julie isn't on their Instagram."

I'm looking at it right now: it was posted yesterday.frown

funnygirlbroadway

"

The first one is a fan page, and the second is a geotag.

This is the show's official Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/funnygirlbwy/

Penna2
#297Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 9:31pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Penna2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "That pic of Julie isn't on their Instagram."

funnygirlbroadway

"

The first one is a fan page, and the second is a geotag.

This is the show's official Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/funnygirlbwy/
"

Well, duh. Thanks!

BrodyFosse123
#298Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 9:31pm

Penna2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "That pic of Julie isn't on their Instagram."

funnygirlbroadway

"

Just for the future, this little blue check mark is to tell you it’s an official account.  You posted unauthorized fan accounts.

Penna2
#299Beanie’s Last Performance 9/25
Posted: 6/27/22 at 9:34pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Penna2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "That pic of Julie isn't on their Instagram."

funnygirlbroadway

"

Just for the future, this little blue check mark is to tell you it’s an official account. You posted unauthorized fan accounts.

"

Thanks to you as well. Just like Twitter, huh? I only recently opened an IG account, so not used to it.