pixeltracker

MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out

mikey2573
#1MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/19/22 at 9:40am

I noticed that the tickets for today's matinee of THE MUSIC MAN (minus Hugh Jackman) are still between $300 and $600. Is this so the half-price discount for tickets they send to TKTS will be $150 to $300?  Has anyone bought seats for the show from TKTS?  If so, how much were they? I always thought those high priced tickets were PREMIUM priced and that they dropped to regular price the closer it got to showtime, so the seats were filled.  Is $300 a seat now considered "regular price" and no longer premium?  

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#2MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/19/22 at 9:42am

If you are going, I would just go to the theatre for a rush seat.

Dollypop
#3MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/19/22 at 12:37pm

I entered the digital lottery and got center orchestra seats for $74/ apiece yesterday.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 6/19/22 at 12:37 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/19/22 at 1:09pm

n2nbaby said: "If you are going, I would just go to the theatre for a rush seat."

Friends did that Friday night.  $49 each and they were Orchestra Center, Row N.  

MemorableUserName
#5MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/19/22 at 2:45pm

Yes, the other thread is full of reports of people going to the box office as late as a few minutes before curtain and getting rush tickets. That's definitely the way to go.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1127161&page=11

JSquared2
#6MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/19/22 at 2:48pm

I picked up rush seats 15 minutes ago. H101-102! 

Dollypop
#7MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/20/22 at 8:45am

My pastor asked why THE MUSIC MAN didn't receive any Tony Awards. I didn't have an answer.  Anyone here have some insight into the matter?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

BrodyFosse123
#8MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/20/22 at 8:52am

Dollypop said: "My pastor asked why THE MUSIC MAN didn't receive any Tony Awards. I didn't have an answer. Anyone here have some insight into the matter?"

COMANY was a better revival in many ways.  THE MUSIC MAN had 2 leads doing material they’ve already won Tony Awards for.  There’s wasn’t anything groundbreaking in their performances or the whole production.  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#9MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/20/22 at 5:13pm

Dollypop said: "I entered the digital lottery and got center orchestra seats for $74/ apiece yesterday."

Where is there info on Music Man having a digital lottery?! I thought it was only rush?

BrodyFosse123
#10MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/20/22 at 5:37pm

haterobics said: "Dollypop said: "I entered the digital lottery and got center orchestra seats for $74/ apiece yesterday."

Where is there info on Music Man having a digital lottery?! I thought it was only rush?
"

Good point.  They only offer $49 rush tickets and the $76 Standing Room tickets.  There is no digital lottery.  surprise

apetricc12 Profile Photo
apetricc12
#11MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/20/22 at 5:43pm

There's a digital lottery via Broadway Boosters. I entered it on Friday, June 17 and won tickets for Sunday's matinee. I believe the lottery was implemented as a way to sell tickets in Hugh Jackman's absence due to COVID. Last week was the first that I heard of the lottery, and I imagine it's NOT something that will continue once Hugh Jackman returns to the show.

https://broadwayboosters.com/

Updated On: 6/21/22 at 05:43 PM

BrodyFosse123
#12MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/20/22 at 5:46pm

apetricc12 said: "There's a digital lottery via Broadway Boosters. I entered it on Friday, June 18 and won tickets for Sunday's matinee. I believe the lottery was implemented as a way to sell tickets in Hugh Jackman's absence due to COVID. Last week was the first that I heard of the lottery, and I imagine it's NOT something that will continue once Hugh Jackman returns to the show.

https://broadwayboosters.com/

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#13MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/20/22 at 7:34pm

He returns Thursday 6/23? Or TBD?

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#14MUSIC MAN tickets while Hugh is out
Posted: 6/20/22 at 7:39pm