pixeltracker

Linda Eder Sings "Bring On The Men" from Jekyll and Hyde Pre-Broadway Run

Linda Eder Sings "Bring On The Men" from Jekyll and Hyde Pre-Broadway Run

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#1Linda Eder Sings "Bring On The Men" from Jekyll and Hyde Pre-Broadway Run
Posted: 6/28/22 at 4:31pm

from the 1995 pre-Broadway tryout in Los Angeles.  https://youtu.be/yI1sBE9IPPg

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

barcelona20
#2Linda Eder Sings "Bring On The Men" from Jekyll and Hyde Pre-Broadway Run
Posted: 6/28/22 at 4:47pm

Thanks for sharing! Goddess!

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#3Linda Eder Sings "Bring On The Men" from Jekyll and Hyde Pre-Broadway Run
Posted: 6/28/22 at 4:56pm

Fantastic!  Show the 1995 tour twice before it went to New York.  HUGE mistake from the new Broadway director to cut this song, as well as "I Need To Know."  Linda has said many times since that she should have pulled a diva moment, and insist that the song not be cut.  

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#4Linda Eder Sings "Bring On The Men" from Jekyll and Hyde Pre-Broadway Run
Posted: 6/29/22 at 6:18am

What a treat! Thank you for sharing. I unabashedly love Jekyll & Hyde (I'm a sucker for most Wildhorn scores), and even enjoyed the infamous 2012/2013 national tour/ Broadway revival flaws and all.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#5Linda Eder Sings
Posted: 6/29/22 at 7:56am

I love this song. I'm surprised it didn't become a drag performance staple.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
Updated On: 6/29/22 at 07:56 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6Linda Eder Sings
Posted: 6/29/22 at 5:13pm

Saw the pre-Broadway tour in Denver. Did not get to see Cuccioli. He did not follow the the suggested guidelines for performing in Denver (The DCPA actually sends out a packet to incoming tours on how to perform at the high altitude) so he was out for most of the run. I think he did the first 1 or two shows and maybe the last.

Loved this production way more than what it became on Broadway. And those of us who saw the tour got to see "the mirror".

Just give the world Love.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#7Linda Eder Sings
Posted: 6/29/22 at 7:53pm

I love that song, and the little unintentionally campy touches on the concept album, like Linda’s vocals being clearly multitracked as the whole female ensemble, or the oddly stilted and militaristic way the men shout out “no!” in unison.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#8Linda Eder Sings
Posted: 6/29/22 at 8:02pm

The revival was horrid. The Bremen version is far more superior than anything really. 

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#9Linda Eder Sings
Posted: 6/30/22 at 9:54am

Lot666 said: "I love this song. I'm surprised it didn't become a drag performance staple."

I agree! However, I have seen multiple gay men's choirs perform this and I wish they wouldn't. It just does not work.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#10Linda Eder Sings
Posted: 6/30/22 at 10:09am

greensgreens said: "Lot666 said: "I love this song. I'm surprised it didn't become a drag performance staple."

I agree! However, I have seen multiple gay men's choirs perform this and I wish they wouldn't. It just does not work.
"

Yes, I agree that it's not exactly a "choral" song.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage