Jenn Colella in Come From Away

frankiejr0513
#1Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/1/22 at 3:14pm

My wife and I were so excited when we heard that Jenn Colella was returning to Come From Away since we missed her performing with the original cast. We immediately purchased the best tickets available for a Saturday night 8:00 performance on August 30th, front center third row. Imagine - seeing Jenn for a limited 7-week run, it was too good to be true. That's right, it was. You can only imagine our disappointment after driving 8 hours to see Ms. Colella, only to find the dreaded notes stuffed in the Playbill announcing that Jenn would not be performing that night. We have not had good luck for our trips to Broadway this year (tickets for the Music Man absent Hugh Jackman, had to buy additional tickets for another performance, $2,400 in total for 2 tix for two shows, at least we got to see Sutton Foster twice). But, seriously? a 7-week run and you miss a Saturday night show?!?!  As much as we were disappointed, I cannot give Julie Reiber enough praise for her standby performance as Beverly. Absolutely perfectly done!  Bravo!  We now have another favorite actor on Broadway that we can't wait to see for her next endeavor. Hey Julie, you go girl!  Hey Jenn, hope to see you again soon. 

spicemonkey
#2Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/1/22 at 3:24pm

Sorry to hear that - I was wondering did Jim Walton perform that night in CFA?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#3Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/1/22 at 3:26pm

But, seriously? a 7-week run and you miss a Saturday night show?!?!

It wasn't a personal attack, she did not mean to ruin your touristy weekend, I assure you. Life happens.

angoradebs
#4Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/1/22 at 4:16pm

Julie Reiber did the matinee as well, and I agree that she was absolutely fantastic.

Jenn injured herself on Friday, I believe (or maybe Saturday morning). I don't know for sure if that's the specific reason she was out or if it was scheduled. I'm sad to have missed Jenn but at least her performance is preserved in the pro-shot!

Fosse76
#5Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/1/22 at 4:20pm

Colella was out all weekend.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#6Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/1/22 at 5:05pm

Breaking news: Stage performers miss performances when sick or hurt themselves.

They’re even allowed vacations and personal days! The audacity!

RWPrincess
#7Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/1/22 at 5:20pm

I understand the disappointment but life happens sometimes. I saw CFA during Christmas week and it was almost all understudies due to Omicron. The show was still wonderful. You can also see Jenn on the AppleTV+ pro-shot.

As for Hugh Jackman, his Standby Max Clayton is fabulous as I'm sure you know by now. Since Hugh's name is above the title, you can request a refund when he's out. I would suggest doing that and then re-purchasing cheaper tickets to see Max if this happens again.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#8Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/1/22 at 5:26pm

Sutton Ross said: "But, seriously? a 7-week run and you miss a Saturday night show?!?!

It wasn't a personal attack, she did not mean to ruin your touristy weekend, I assure you. Life happens.
"

There you go again putting people down who don't live in the city. You really have this thing about trying to make people feel inferior to you.

Not the best of traits.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#9Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/1/22 at 5:42pm

There were a bunch of u/s on this weekend in CFA.

Julie Reiber as Bev/Annette

Monette McKay as Janice/etc.

Josh Breckenridge as Kevin J./Ali

Happy McPartlin as Beulah/others

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

PipingHotPiccolo
#10Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/2/22 at 12:18am

Huss417 said: "Sutton Ross said: "But, seriously? a 7-week run and you miss a Saturday night show?!?!

"

There you go again putting people down who don't live in the city. You really have this thing about trying to make people feel inferior to you.

Not the best of traits.
"

Nothing screams "I wasnt born/raised in NYC" louder than constantly whining and condescending to tourists. But its even more insane here in the context of Broadway, an industry that hinges almost entirely on... tourists. 

Fosse76
#11Jenn Colella in Come From Away
Posted: 8/2/22 at 1:32am

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Nothing screams "I wasnt born/raised in NYC" louder than constantly whining and condescending to tourists. But its even more insane here in the context of Broadway, an industry that hinges almost entirely on... tourists."

Although strictly anecdotal, I find a fair amount of truth in this. I find that most "native" New Yorkers never denigrate tourists in general terms...though they may voice displeasure toward specific individual tourists.