pixeltracker

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - Reviews & News Thread- Page 11

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - Reviews & News Thread

PipingHotPiccolo
#250A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/18/23 at 7:38pm

xoxobwayjohndoe said: 

So the difference here is that this info is... about a medical topic? Which is not forbidden content on these boards?"

Yes. Exactly. Bingo. 

Speculating and gossiping about which show is closing, which theater is being booked, which actor is leaving/joining a show, is universes away from speculating and gossiping about someone's HEALTH. 

If someone is just sharing information that the actor publicized elsewhere, thats fine, but to spread that any given actor might have any given illness/issue, is crude and childish. Its hilarious that the moderators allow it while shutting down any mention of other topics; I maintain the BroadwayWorld legal counsel is a golden retriever.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#251A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/18/23 at 8:32pm

But all of the actors are open on their IG about having COVID, so how are they keeping it private?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

xoxobwayjohndoe
#252A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/18/23 at 9:53pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "xoxobwayjohndoe said:

So the difference here is that this info is... about a medical topic? Which is not forbidden content on these boards?"

Yes. Exactly. Bingo.

Speculating and gossiping about which show is closing, which theater is being booked, which actor is leaving/joining a show, is universes away from speculating and gossiping about someone's HEALTH.

If someone is just sharing information that the actor publicized elsewhere, thats fine, but to spread that any given actor might have any given illness/issue, is crude and childish. Its hilarious that the moderators allow it while shutting down any mention of other topics; I maintain the BroadwayWorld legal counsel is a golden retriever.
"

I agree that it's not great to say, "so and so definitively has COVID" if not confirmed. That said, I find it hard to quantify any real harm from it other than distaste in reading something potentially uncouth. I'm curious if you would take similar issue to someone saying, "so and so was out amidst a widespread COVID scare, so COVID seems likely?"

If so, I'll agree to disagree. You have every right to not like it, but I think this sort of discussion is well within scope – this is not speculation on someone's health in a vacuum, but rather as to the reason for a performer's recorded absence from a show.

I'd also understand more if there were some sort of moral assessment that came with having COVID (ex: "this person has COVID, and thus we judge them" ) – the same as calling someone a slur, etc. But this is not the case.

All this is to say, I agree we should be careful about making unconfirmed definitive statements about someone's health – but only insofar as we should be careful about making any unconfirmed definitive statements. I don't really grasp why the health topic makes a difference in the context of an online rumors message board.

Updated On: 9/18/23 at 09:53 PM

PipingHotPiccolo
#253A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/19/23 at 12:08am

if the actor posts their private information on social media, its no longer private, share away.

if not, youre sharing personal information that under normal circumstances is simply should not be publicized by strangers to strangers--i dont care it its strep throat, COVID or cancer. its just gross to spread this kinda information, not to mention legally actionable in some circumstances. 

again, if someone is just restating what an actor already shared, have at it. otherwise- yikes people are crass.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#254A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/19/23 at 5:38pm

A Beautiful Noise Associate Director Austin Regan Stepped Into the Show

if anyone wants the scoop, head over to Tatiana Lofton's IG story.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#256A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/28/23 at 5:13pm

He did some very nice work in this show.

Happy trails, Will!

Oh look, a bibu!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#257A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/28/23 at 5:18pm

I hope Nick Fradiani gets bumped up full-time if he plans to stay with the show.

RWPrincess
#258A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/28/23 at 8:31pm

Happy trails to Will Swenson. Hoping to catch his wonderful performance one more time next month.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#259A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/5/23 at 10:41am

Nick Fradiani will take over the role full-time beginning Oct. 31. No word if Nick will be doing 8 shows/week and who the new standby is.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#260A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/5/23 at 3:06pm

I am betting they will announce an alternate. They have time.

Just give the world Love.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#261A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/5/23 at 5:06pm

uncageg said: "I am betting they will announce an alternate. They have time."

Nick himself posted that he'll be doing all 8 shows/week. But they still need to hire a new standby.

BETTY22
#262A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/7/23 at 11:56am

Nick on live on Z100 Thursday morning. The biggest pop radio station in the country.

Whoever is doing the PR for this show is hitting all the right notes. 

So smart to have him pull out a guitar and sing 'Sweet Caroline.' 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#263A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/7/23 at 1:01pm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#264A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/10/23 at 7:06pm

Curious to see how many appearances Nick makes on the talk shows once he starts [full-time] in the three weeks.

https://people.com/american-idol-winner-nick-fradiani-play-neil-diamond-broadway-a-beautiful-noise-8348295

BETTY22
#265A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/10/23 at 7:25pm

This show is such an unexpected hit. CONGRATS.......

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#266A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/10/23 at 11:48pm

Well I have to hand it to producer Ken Davenport who had the savvy to add more matinees. By doing this he made it from a show that is breaking even to a show that is making money. Kudos to Ken for this move.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#267A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/12/23 at 3:20pm

End of act one : Thursday matinee. I’m the youngest person here at age 55. I’m also I think the only person who is not it seems Jewish or from New Jersey. Nick Fradiani is on as Neil. One thing I will say is this show is afraid of silence every moment is filled with dancers , back up singers , ensemble members doing something. Moments that should soar are filled with distractions. So far it not A Beautiful Noise. 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#268A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/12/23 at 4:17pm

rosscoe(au) said: "End of act one : Thursday matinee. I’m the youngest person here at age 55. I’m also I think the only person who is not it seems Jewish or from New Jersey. Nick Fradiani is on as Neil. One thing I will say is this show is afraid of silence every moment is filled with dancers , back up singers , ensemble members doing something. Moments that should soar are filled with distractions. So far it not A Beautiful Noise."

Did you check ID's at the door?

There are some quiet moments in the show and it doesn't really stay as "busy" as you describe it. But that ensemble puts in some work! Sorry you don't seem to like the show but evidently a lot of others find it to be A Beautiful Noise. And they get a lot of repeat business.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 10/12/23 at 04:17 PM

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#269A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/12/23 at 4:46pm

Uncageg you’ll be very happy to know that during act two it found its silence during “You Don’t Send Me Flowers” and “ I am I said “ that allowed the show to soar. I am a huge Neil Diamond fan and should be the audience for this, for me it just didn’t work.  Really happy that it has found an audience and repeat ones as well. I wanted more, and for me that failed to let Diamond’s songs shine. 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#270A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/12/23 at 5:55pm

Act 2 has several "quiet" moments. Act 1 has several "serious" moments. Act 2 is definitely much stronger than Act 1.

In case you couldn't figure it out, the ensemble works as "The Beautiful Noise" or as Neil's memories of his music. The ensemble works their butts off in this show 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#271A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/12/23 at 6:12pm

I’m also I think the only person who is not it seems Jewish or from New Jersey

I'm glad everyone was wearing stickers stating their name, religion, and home state.

Jesus. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#272A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/12/23 at 6:17pm

Also, hearing that Robyn Hurder is also leaving the show, possibly the same day as Will Swenson.

RWPrincess
#273A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/13/23 at 10:24am

That doesn't surprise me at all. She seems to have been hinting at a new project for a while now. But I'm surprised that the show hasn't announced this yet. 

I'm also curious if Nick will stick with the 8 shows/week schedule. Will has been very open about how difficult this show is on his voice. I think Neil-then sings 23 songs throughout.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#274A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 10/13/23 at 3:14pm

Yeah, I'm sad to see Robyn leave(if she is). Her cryptic IG stories appear that she is leaving soon.

It also appears that several ensemble members are leaving soon as well. The show will be coming up on a year run (since previews) this November.