pixeltracker

PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway

PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway
Posted: 6/1/23 at 9:56am

Joshua Harmon’s “Prayer for the French Republic,” a play about a family grappling with contemporary and historical antisemitism in France, will transfer to Broadway this winter.

The play will be produced by the nonprofit Manhattan Theater Club, which last year presented the play's first run Off Broadway. The production will be directed by David Cromer, who also directed it Off Broadway; it will be staged at the Samuel J. Friedman Theater, with previews beginning Dec. 19 and the opening scheduled for Jan. 9.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/01/theater/prayer-for-the-french-republic-broadway.html

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway
Posted: 11/13/23 at 2:19pm

Four new cast members will round out the ensemble piece: Ethan Haberfield, Richard Masur, Nael Nacer, and Daniel Oreskes. 

Oh look, a bibu!

JON111699
#4PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway
Posted: 11/13/23 at 3:18pm

Saw Nael Nacer play Charles in Boston a couple of months ago and he was truly remarkable. Really glad to see him joining this cast!

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#5PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway
Posted: 11/13/23 at 6:06pm

It’ll be really interesting to see how this lands in the current climate. I loved it and thought it made some really interesting points, but I wonder if people will feel the same.

PipingHotPiccolo
#6PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway
Posted: 11/13/23 at 7:14pm

Its being presented in the quietest Broadway months-- its not tourist material, and many New Yorkers will be out of town when it begins previews. But I imagine this will sell quite well given the current climate. Francis Benhammou gives a passionate monologue that stopped the show cold years ago, and i imagine now will generate uproarious applause.

amiyagi
#7PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway
Posted: 12/5/23 at 3:19pm

MTC 30 under 35: 3U3FRNCH

Edit: code to be used on Telecharge offers

Updated On: 12/5/23 at 03:19 PM

hearthemsing22
#8PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway
Posted: 12/5/23 at 4:02pm

Thank you for providing the code but how can I enter it online??

BETTY22
#9PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway
Posted: 12/5/23 at 4:41pm

I am more excited about this than almost anything else coming in this season

amiyagi
#10PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway
Posted: 12/5/23 at 5:05pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Thank you for providing the code but how can I enter it online??"

Telecharge offers code

Sammy232
#11PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC will transfer to Broadway
Posted: 12/6/23 at 8:13am

BETTY22 said: "I am more excited about this than almost anything else coming in this season"

Saw this off-Broadway and looking forward to seeing it again. Francis Benhamou's performance is outstanding, potential for a best supporting tony nom.