Treat Williams Has Passed Away

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
TNick926 Profile Photo
TNick926
#2Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/12/23 at 10:20pm

Oh, this is sad news…

He was so sexy and charismatic in the movie version of HAIR…when he sang “I Got Life!” you had to believe him…

Rest in peace, beautiful man…💜

RUkiddingme
#3Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/12/23 at 10:28pm

I'm so sad!
Besides being so talented, his Instagram account was this amazing window into his incredible life.  He was something special!

Updated On: 6/12/23 at 10:28 PM

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#4Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/12/23 at 10:28pm

Tragic.  R.I.P.  

RWPrincess
#5Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/12/23 at 10:36pm

How sad. He recently starred in the Hallmark Channel series Chesapeake Shores.

ManOfLaMuncha
#6Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/12/23 at 11:02pm

Terrible news!

When I was working at Olin Corporation in the '70s, there was a corporate newspaper that showed his famous picture as the phone company repairman showing his ID at the door to a woman.  It said that his proud father was a vice president on the third floor of the company.  People really noticed him in that early ad, so handsome.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#7Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/12/23 at 11:30pm

He also showed up on Blue Bloods from time to time. But I will always remember his sexiness in Hair! RIP

Updated On: 6/12/23 at 11:30 PM

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#8Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/13/23 at 12:27am

Awful news. His Berger in Hair made such a big impact on me as a teenager.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#9Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/13/23 at 12:41am

Ugh, what a sad loss. And sounds like he was a capital-M Mensch going by the outpouring of love on social media right now from those who knew him.

LarryD2
#10Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/13/23 at 9:03am

Williams was excellent in the '80s television remake of A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE. He was also a highlight of the rather drab Broadway revival of FOLLIES, including that he danced quite well. Sorry to learn of his untimely demise.

Roscoe
#11Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/13/23 at 9:45am

He had me at hello.  And that hello was his entrance in the film of THE RITZ, looking all tough and butch, saying "I'd like a room, please" in that Mickey Mouse voice.  I've been a fan ever since.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#12Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/13/23 at 12:58pm

I saw him on Broadway in the early ‘80s in “The Pirates of Penzance.” He replaced Kevin Kline. IBDB says he took over the role in August 1981.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#13Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/13/23 at 2:21pm

Such a tragic loss. Loved him ever since I was a teen. The first film I saw him in was Sidney Lumet's PRINCE OF THE CITY and was an instant fan. I then went back and tried to get my hands on everything he appeared in up to that point. 

In 2019, the Metrograph Theater on Ludlow screened HAIR for its 40th anniversary. He was in attendance, sitting in the row directly behind me off to my left, every now and again I would glance over to catch his expression watching his younger self on the screen and every time I looked he had a wide grin from ear-to-ear, you could tell that he was proud. There was a Q&A after the film and I got the opportunity to tell him how much of a fan I was and that I admired his performances. He couldn't have been a nicer, sweeter gentleman.

This one hits hard for me. Rest in Power Treat. 

dwirth
#14Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/14/23 at 11:46pm

I really enjoyed his performance as Buddy in the Follies Roundabout revival.  As played by Mr Williams,  especially due to his handsome looks and confident, polished  manner, his Buddy - for once - seemed like a successful person in his own right - which added a totally different dimension to the often sad sack, has-been characterizations and physical differences (vs Ben) which more usually define Buddy.

His fatal flaw (to Sally) is simply that he is not the richer, more powerful, more handsome Ben. No one is. 

UncleCharlie
#15Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/15/23 at 5:35am

Sad news indeed. Apparently, he was riding his motorcycle close to his home in Vermont and was hit by a car, the driver indicating he didn't see him coming as he was turning. I'll always remember him for his incredible performance alongside Jerry Orbach in Prince of the City. Gone too soon at 71. R.I.P.

ELP
#16Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/15/23 at 11:42pm

Catch the Law and Order SVU episode “Spiraling Down”. An Emmy deserving performance!!! One of the finest actors of our time! 

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#17Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/17/23 at 3:00am

https://youtu.be/-2R3VMsaA6g

I Got Life……I forgot how well he sang.

Tennis Fan
#18Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/18/23 at 5:38pm

He sang "Satin Doll" in a PBS special (perhaps a filmed version of a stage production) and he was off-the-charts awesome! If anyone reading this knows the name of this special, please feel to chime in.  

Updated On: 6/18/23 at 05:38 PM

lapinitsa Profile Photo
lapinitsa
#19Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/18/23 at 8:11pm

Tennis Fan said: "He sang "Satin Doll" in a PBS special (perhaps a filmed version of a stage production) and he was off-the-charts awesome! If anyone reading this knows the name of this special, please feel to chime in."

"Ellington: The Music Lives On."  PBS Great Performances series.

DesiraeWright
#20Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/25/23 at 10:29pm

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about Treat Williams passing away. He was such a talented actor and will be missed by so many. As someone who is new to this forum, I'm glad to see that there are people here who appreciate and admire those in the entertainment industry. In times like these, it's important to honor and remember those who have passed. One way to do this is by designing the perfect memorial. Let's continue to honor and remember the legacies of those who have passed.

Updated On: 7/2/23 at 10:29 PM

Wayman_Wong
#21Treat Williams Has Passed Away
Posted: 6/26/23 at 7:24pm

For those who've never seen it, here's a clip of Treat Williams and Bernadette Peters singing and dancing for a 1987 TV special called ''Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood.'' Bernadette plays an aspiring perfomer, and Treat's her leading man. The clip includes them crooning ''Isn't It Romantic?'' and doing a giant dance number of ''Waitin' for the Robert E. Lee.''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spVz1ZgB60w&t=735s

Videos