& Juliet Movie?

Tim Barstow
#1& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 1:00pm

I think it could work. 

Theatrefanboy1
#2& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 1:48pm

With TImothee Chalamet or Austin butler as Romeo. Anne Hathaway as Anne Hathaway (not that Anne Hathaway). Zac efron as Shakespeare queen Latina h as the maid. Lea Michele as Juliet. 

windowwaving
#3& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 1:53pm

Theatrefanboy1 said: "With TImothee Chalamet or Austin butler as Romeo. Anne Hathaway as Anne Hathaway (not that Anne Hathaway). Zac efron as Shakespeare queen Latina h as the maid. Lea Michele as Juliet."

I kind of love this. Throwing in Hugh Jackman as Shakespeare.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#4& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 3:37pm

Juliet - Zendaya

Romeo - Austin Butler

Lance - Hugh Jackman

Nurse - Melanie La Barrie (I can’t imagine anyone else)

Shakespeare - Brendon Urie

Anne Hathaway - Sara Bareilles

May - Michaela Jae Rodriguez

Francois - Phillipe Arroyo (not ever role needs a star and I think he’s more than sufficient in the role)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Ke3
#5& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 8:01pm

there’s a level of earnestness it would lose under hollywood’s current approach to musicals that would make it seem less cute and bubbly and more insipid and shallow.

Quinn Wilson
#6& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/19/23 at 11:16am

Juliet will never be played by a white actress 

JSquared2
#7& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/19/23 at 12:53pm

Theatrefanboy1 said: "With TImothee Chalamet or Austin butler as Romeo. Anne Hathaway as Anne Hathaway (not that Anne Hathaway). Zac efron as Shakespeare queen Latina h as the maid. Lea Michele as Juliet."

You go ahead and ask Latifah to play "the maid" (and btw the character is a nurse, not a maid) -- but go ahead and ask her -- in person -- I DARE you!  LOL

LarryD2
#8& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/19/23 at 1:07pm

Lea Michele is almost 40. In what universe would she be in the conversation to play Juliet?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#9& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/19/23 at 1:11pm

& Juliet will never be a movie. Martin has no taste for the spotlight, and he would get even more attention than when the show first opened. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#10& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/19/23 at 1:20pm

LarryD2 said: "Lea Michele is almost 40. In what universe would she be in the conversation to play Juliet?"

She is 36, no need to be rude.  And no, this will never, ever be a movie but looking at the suggestions for casting is hilarious. Half of these people cannot sing. Lolz. 

LarryD2
#11& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/19/23 at 1:27pm

Sutton Ross said: "LarryD2 said: "Lea Michele is almost 40. In what universe would she be in the conversation to play Juliet?"

She is 36, no need to be rude. And no, this will never, ever be a movie but looking at the suggestions for casting is hilarious. Half of these people cannot sing. Lolz.

"

My math might be off, but 36 (37 this summer) is a lot closer to 40 than the age of the character. Nothing rude in pointing that out. 

hearthemsing22
#12& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/19/23 at 5:53pm

No. No. No. Absolutely not. Not necessary. Do not put this into the universe. No thanks. 

Also-how on earth could you suggest Lea Michele? In what world would she ever play that role? No. 

sng
#13& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/19/23 at 11:54pm

We will see an Once Upon a One More Time movie before & Juliet i bet. Universal already bought the rights for the Britney musical while it was in the reading

hearthemsing22
#14& Juliet Movie?
Posted: 6/20/23 at 10:30am

sng said: "We will see an Once Upon a One More Time movie before & Juliet i bet. Universal already bought the rights for the Britney musical while it was in the reading"

Hopefully we won't see either. I'd rather a proshot