Reusing Souvenir Cups

abstract19
#1Reusing Souvenir Cups
Posted: 7/12/23 at 4:09pm

Hello. Like many of you, I have so many of those Souvenir Cups and unless I really like the design, I try to avoid getting more. Do theatres allow you to reuse them at other theatres even with a different show logo? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks! 

hearthemsing22
#2Reusing Souvenir Cups
Posted: 7/12/23 at 4:15pm

No. I doubt you could bring a souvenir cup from Wicked into say, Hadestown (just an example). I don't think I've heard this asked before but I doubt they'd let you do that. 

noahseestheatre Profile Photo
noahseestheatre
#3Reusing Souvenir Cups
Posted: 7/12/23 at 4:34pm

I do know Jujamcyn cups can be refilled at any Jujamcyn theatres, enough for me to buy a drink and keep the cup for future use! As for show-branded cups, I agree, I don't think they go for every show.

Phantom4ever
#4Reusing Souvenir Cups
Posted: 7/12/23 at 4:36pm

I'm curious if anyone reuses them at home? I know you're not supposed to re-use plastic water bottles, but I have, on occasion, used a souvenir Broadway cup at home, put it through the dishwasher, etc. I have no idea if it is safe for repeated use like that though. 

hearthemsing22
#5Reusing Souvenir Cups
Posted: 7/12/23 at 4:40pm

Phantom4ever said: "I'm curious if anyone reuses them at home? I know you're not supposed to re-use plastic water bottles, but I have, on occasion, used a souvenir Broadway cup at home, put it through the dishwasher, etc. I have no idea if it is safe for repeated use like that though."

I do! I just wash them and reuse them. I think that is perfectly fine! 

DooWahDiddy Profile Photo
DooWahDiddy
#6Reusing Souvenir Cups
Posted: 7/12/23 at 4:42pm

Phantom4ever said: "I'm curious if anyone reuses them at home? I know you're not supposed to re-use plastic water bottles, but I have, on occasion, used a souvenir Broadway cup at home, put it through the dishwasher, etc. I have no idea if it is safe for repeated use like that though."

I own a merchandising company that sells those same cups. I'm not sure which exact one you have, but if it's like this one, yes, they are dishwasher safe. That doesn't necessarily mean the logo might not eventually start to fade, but they are safe in the sense that it's not detrimental to your health or anything. PN-10 10 ounce ultra-clear rocks tumbler with a snap-on swivel lid featuring Broadway example artwork

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#7Reusing Souvenir Cups
Posted: 7/12/23 at 9:17pm

noahseestheatre said: "I do know Jujamcyn cups can be refilled at any Jujamcyn theatres, enough for me to buy a drink and keep the cup for future use! As for show-branded cups, I agree, I don't think they go for every show."

Yes and my understanding is if you bring the jujamcyn cup to another jujamcyn theater, you’re eligible for a $5 discount.

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#8Reusing Souvenir Cups
Posted: 7/13/23 at 1:28am

One of my show cups cracked after a few cycles in the dishwasher.

Tuna2
#9Reusing Souvenir Cups
Posted: 7/13/23 at 8:22am

My wife and I have a bunch of cups from different shows.  We use them all the the time, mostly for drinking water or watering plants, LOL!  We just hand wash them after we use them and let them dry out.  I would think they would be fine after many uses.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#10Reusing Souvenir Cups
Posted: 7/13/23 at 1:00pm

TheGingerBreadMan said: "One of my show cups cracked after a few cycles in the dishwasher."

Who the hell puts plastic sippy cups in a dishwasher?  That heating element destroys plastic even if it states “dishwasher safe.” Hand washing your souvenir sippy cup will prolong its life AND keep the logo/artwork from fading.  Common sense, folks.  Come on, now. cheeky