pixeltracker

What's up with Talkin' Broadway?

What's up with Talkin' Broadway?

Schvinga
#1What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/23 at 10:20am

As of yesterday, to view the site, I have been getting a pop-up requiring a log in. Either I don't remember my password or the site isn't accepting it, but there is no option to change or learn one's password, which makes the site inaccessible. That would also mean that a first-timer would have no way of visiting the site. Anyone else experiencing this?

melora
#2What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/23 at 10:22am

I know my password, but I hesitate to put it in without knowing whether the request is from the actual site or someone hacking it.  

Thom915
#3What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/23 at 10:24am

Same thing here. And then when I googled Talkin Broadway, it took me here and accepted my log in and password.

wewdie
#4What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/23 at 10:24am

I've had the same experience with the website since yesterday and I've been getting that same login request.  It seems very strange to me and I'm going to avoid putting information in until it appears legit.

two ladies tickets
#5What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/23 at 10:25am

It's doing the same thing for me. They have been doing a lot of site maintenance/upgrades the last couple of weeks. I'm assuming that this is just part of the upgrade and it will be back to normal in a couple of days? Last week and the week before there was an issue with things showing up in different fonts and different colors and people were not pleased. 

ardiem
#6What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/23 at 11:03am

On their Twitter (ahem, X) account is this post saying they're in the midst of maintenance/server software updates: https://twitter.com/TalkinBroadway/status/1691836634075918498

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#7What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/23 at 11:19am

Totally forgot Talkin’ Broadway still existed. Haven’t gone to that All That Chat board in over a decade.  frown

JSquared2
#8What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/23 at 1:01pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Totally forgot Talkin’ Broadway still existed. Haven’t gone to that All That Chat board in over a decade. frown"

You haven't missed much.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#9What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/17/23 at 2:51pm

JSquared2 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Totally forgot Talkin’ Broadway still existed. Haven’t gone to that All That Chat board in over a decade. frown"

You haven't missed much.
"

On the contrary, I would say both boards are very valuable in their own way. This one is more about current news and gossip, especially about musicals and star vehicles whereas the other one takes a broader perspective and provides a lot more intellectual discussion. If one is truly interested in the theatre, I don't know why one would limit themselves. It's a click LOL. 

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#10What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/19/23 at 7:53pm

I just figured Ann had bumped me off the site for the fourth time.

BETTY22
#11What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/20/23 at 5:46pm

I stopped post on that site years ago. Felt like the same 10-15 people who seemed more concerned in talking about each other than theater.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#12What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/21/23 at 2:05am

I just tried and got the login pop up also. I have enjoyed going over there to read the comments.

I seem to remember that way back they were known for being VERY catty and I stayed away. I have been popping in there for the past 6 months or so and it seems to have calmed down a lot. 

Just give the world Love.

cmorrow
#13What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/21/23 at 6:54am

They're back, as of this morning.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#14What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/21/23 at 8:58am

First, I wanna agree with Hogan. The Boards are very different, and both provide great value for those of us interested in live theater. All That Chat is populated by many in the industry, and many of them go back quite a way, shall we say, and have interesting observations.

According to their Twitter (X) account, they are hoping to have the site back today, but apparently it is undergoing several rounds of significant software updates and checks.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#15What's up with Talkin' Broadway?
Posted: 8/21/23 at 11:19am

It's back up, but possibly just temporarily. See:

https://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat_new/d.php?id=2578925

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.