Final Show of My October Trip

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#1Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/14/23 at 9:26am

Hello all! I once again come to you for guidance as I plan my latest visit to the city. This is a short trip and there’s too much I want to see, so I need help narrowing it down. My schedule so far is

Sat Mat: I Can Get It for You Wholesale 

Sat Eve: Here We Are

Sun Mat: OPEN SLOT

Sun Eve: Here Lies Love

Mon Eve: Wicked (20th Anniversary)

I’ve seen a good amount already from last season, but somehow missed Shucked which I was considering. Also considering a return to Kimberly Akimbo as Victoria Clark was out when I saw it. Also very interested in Hell’s Kitchen, Gutenberg, and The Cottage. Any advice/guidance?

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#2Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/14/23 at 9:40am

Shucked woud be great choice, as would seeing Victoria's brilliant performance as Kimberly, but try and catch Merrily We Roll Along if at all possible

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 9/14/23 at 09:40 AM

ElephantLoveMedley
#3Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/14/23 at 9:41am

It sounds like you've probably already seen & Juliet, but just wanted to put that out there—it's the one show I've had 100% of the people I recommend see it come back with raves. Nobody leaves that show unhappy or disappointed.

I personally don't think The Cottage is worth fitting in if you only have a limited amount of time in the city. It's fine but kind of a filler show.

Gutenberg starts previews tomorrow night, so it might be worth holding out two more days to hear if that would be worth the time? Merrily will also be running then as well, though you might need about $1 million to get a ticket.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#4Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/14/23 at 9:49am

ElephantLoveMedley said:

"Merrily will also be running then as well, though you might need about $1 million to get a ticket."

Price range on the date they're asking about, Sunday, October 29, is $169 - $459 (plus fees), with plenty of seats available.

Updated On: 9/14/23 at 09:49 AM

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#5Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/14/23 at 10:12am

I should’ve mentioned I was lucky enough to see Merrily at NYTW, and yes I have seen & Juliet as well :)

OuttaTowner
#6Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/14/23 at 11:51am

If you’re feeling adventurous, you might want to try “Danny and the Deep Blue Sea” at the Lortel with Aubrey Plaza and the brilliant Chris Abbott. For something a lot lighter, “Little Shop” has Corbin Bleu and Constance Wu incoming. Or there’s always Sweeney!

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#7Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/14/23 at 1:13pm

I’m coming in from Chicago to NY that same Halloween weekend. We will be part of the same audience at the Saturday matinee of Wholesale.

Sat mat - Wholesale

Sat eve - Gutenberg 

Sun mat - Here We Are

Sun eve - Hell’s Kitchen 

Mon - Harmony

Tues - Back to the Future (a regret buy)

Wed mat - Merrily We Roll Along

Wed eve - Some Like it Hot

Updated On: 9/14/23 at 01:13 PM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#8Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/14/23 at 1:19pm

Hell's Kitchen looks to be sold out in October.  But they will have daily digital rush for $40 through TodayTix, opens I think the day before.  ( Please confirm fir yourself on the Public theater website)

You could enter that, and if you are interested in Shucked it will likely be on TKTS.

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
LuckyDipster
#9Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/16/23 at 5:12am

BalconyClub said: "Tues - Back to the Future (a regret buy)"

😕 Aw, why do you regret it?

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#10Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/16/23 at 12:48pm

SHUCKED is hilarious and IMHO a MUST see!

B212323
#11Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/18/23 at 12:30am

If you're not coming back before New Years I'd definitely see Victoria in Kimberly or if you can swing the ticket prices Merrily (though its been extended through March so tickets will be cheaper the further out you go) 

Candice Malkin
#12Final Show of My October Trip
Posted: 9/18/23 at 8:57am

I would see Shucked!  It was hysterical. This is my upcoming trip starting 10/24

Tuesday Gardens of Nuncia at Lincoln

Wednesday. Here we are

night. - I can get it for you wholesale

thursday guttenberg

friday shark is broken

saturday matinee ?

night - the cottage

sunday here lies love

night - hells kitchen

monday  norbert leo butz at 54 below

tuesday Merrily

wednesday back to future

night - spamalot

Needless to say I have seen all the shows that have been playing for awhile  I have one slot and i am deciding between Danny and the deep blue sea, shabbath with John Turturro, the new show with Danny Devito and the new one with gavin creel