pixeltracker

Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers

Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers

OneNJen
#1Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/19/23 at 9:02pm

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Ohio sent out a code on 8/23 for a $30 discount/ticket on specific dates.  The email said it was valid through 9/24.  I looked when the email came out.  The seats I wanted were discounted, but I waited because I was coordinating a group of 8. I understandably needed a commitment from everyone before buying .

Today, I go to buy the tickets and the code is not valid.  Telecharge stated that the "production of the show" decided to end the offer on 9/17, and that this change was implemented on 8/31.  They reasoned that this was okay because the offer stated that “the performance schedule is subject to change.”   

They did offer a lesser discount code, and looking back through emails I see that the later ones have this date of 9/17 on it, but seriously?    

So deceptive.  Is this common practice with codes?

JasonC3
#2Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/19/23 at 9:11pm

I've never experienced this, but most offers include language like what I am pasting below from the BroadwayBox Purlie Victorious deal (just as a random example):

"Offer may be revoked or modified at any time without notice."

OneNJen
#3Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/19/23 at 9:30pm

Yeah, they are claiming  "Performance schedule subject to change" means the above, but I am calling total BS on that:

*Offer valid for select performances through 12/9/23. Regular prices $39–$179. Purchases must be completed by 9/24/23 @ 11:59pm ET at link above or by visiting TelechargeOffers.com and using code: DANCE30. Blackout dates may apply. All prices include a $2 facility fee. Normal service charges apply to phone and internet orders. Performance schedule subject to change. This offer cannot be combined with any other discount and is not applicable to previously purchased tickets. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. There is a 10-ticket limit per order.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/19/23 at 10:22pm

What they’ve done is annoying but fully legal.

WHY they’d do that is beyond me, since I can’t imagine they are anywhere close to selling out. They should be so lucky to get sales at any price tag.

OneNJen
#5Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/19/23 at 11:02pm

Hah!  Going with a bunch of emotional women who are not broadway people.  I fully realize this one might be ab gamble!

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: 

WHY they’d do that is beyond me, since I can’t imagine they are anywhere close to selling out. They should be so lucky to get sales at any price tag."

Jarethan
#6Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/19/23 at 11:15pm

I can't imagine that this show won't be at TKTS for every performance in the beginning.  If it gets spectacular reviews, that may eventually change.  Why not make it an adventure and have someone volunteer to get the tix at TKTS?

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#7Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/19/23 at 11:24pm

Keep an eye on BroadwayBox and other discount sites, it might be that they're just updating the codes and will have other offers coming soon (maybe even at better prices).

Or if you add 2 people to your group... https://www.broadwayinbound.com/shows/how-to-dance-in-ohio

BoringBoredBoard40
#8Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/20/23 at 12:37am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "They should be so lucky to get sales at any price tag."

My god shut up, what a phenominally rude thing to say about any show let alone this one

inception Profile Photo
inception
#9Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/20/23 at 12:42am

I was considered seeing this show on my upcoming visit to the city.  Then I listened to some of the songs they released.  Just unbearably terrible. Like they listened to DEH and said let's make an inferior copy of this.

Edit: obviously some people will end up loving it. As worthy as the story may be, the songs just aren't for me.  

Updated On: 9/20/23 at 12:42 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#10Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/20/23 at 1:55am

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "They should be so lucky to get sales at any price tag."

My god shut up, what a phenominally rude thing to say about any show let alone this one
"

It’s a brand new musical with no stars, no IP, and no pedigreed creative team. Nearly every new musical with that criteria starts off slowly, and we’re 2 months out from start of previews. These are simple facts divorced from the quality of the show itself. The producers surely expect to limp through previews considering the climate.

No show is exempt from scrutiny simply because its subject matter is unique.

Updated On: 9/20/23 at 01:55 AM

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#11Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/20/23 at 4:46am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "BoringBoredBoard40 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "They should be so lucky to get sales at any price tag."

"

It’s a brand new musical with no stars, no IP, and no pedigreed creative team. Nearly every new musical with that criteria starts off slowly, and we’re 2 months out from start of previews. These are simple facts divorced from the quality of the show itself. The producers surely expect to limp through previews considering the climate.

No show is exempt from scrutiny simply because its subject matter is unique.
"

In terms of IP, it’s actually partially based on a 2015 HBO documentary of the same name.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Dance_in_Ohio

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#12Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/20/23 at 9:31am

That’s all well and good but it isn’t source material that means anything to the masses or will help its sales in any major way. 

BoringBoredBoard40
#13Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/20/23 at 9:47am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "That’s all well and good but it isn’t source material that means anything to the masses or will help its sales in any major way."

you know you can just stop talking at any time?

mshalo18
#14Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/20/23 at 11:37am

The biggest problem that I can foresee with this show is that Sammi Cannold is directing. For the life of me, I don't get the fascination some people have with her work.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#15Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/20/23 at 12:04pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "My god shut up, what a phenominally rude thing to say about any show let alone this one"

What exactly does this mean? While I don't disagree that what was said was a tad on the harsh side (and would be about any musical), I'm more curious about the "let alone this one" part. It feels very...patronizing to me. Why should this show be any more exempt/immune to criticism, even harsh criticism, than any other show?

If you are expecting people, especially on these boards, to handle this show with kid gloves, or give it any kind of special treatment they wouldn't give other shows, you're going to be very disappointed. And I imagine the critics in the media will likely have the same philosophy. The creatives and performers know what this business is, and that it can be harsh, and even downright unfair at times. If they had a problem with that, they wouldn't have started this endeavor in the first place.

They're not babies or puppies – they can handle it.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#16Dance in Ohio Revoking Coupon Offers
Posted: 9/20/23 at 2:09pm

Hah!  Going with a bunch of emotional women who are not broadway people.  I fully realize this one might be a gamble!

You're fine, just ignore someone so hateful and negative about any new work, they know very little. There is a good promo code floating around and when I find it, I will pm you.heart

Videos