#300MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/8/24 at 5:21pm

Yes. There's also a new radio interview with Radcliffe, Groff and Mendez:

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2024/02/07/merrily-we-roll-along-broadway

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#301MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/8/24 at 11:37pm

I thought it was a splendid production. Well directed and acted. Past productions I have seen have had me looking at my watch. This was far superior. There has been a trend on Broadway in recent years that every show gets a standing ovation, I think primarily because people have spent so much money. But for this production it was well deserved. I think it will be nominated for a healthy amount of Tony awards. Groff will be hard to beat.

MezzA101
#302MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/9/24 at 6:50am

Westfield 6-Year-Old Broadway Star Performs In 'Merrily We Roll Along' | Westfield, NJ Patch

https://patch.com/new-jersey/westfield/westfield-6-year-old-broadway-star-performs-merrily-we-roll-along

spicemonkey
#303MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/9/24 at 2:54pm

Sorry if this has been posted before but does anyone know if Corey Mach will be playing Franklin in April when Geoff is off?

ElephantLoveMedley
#304MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/9/24 at 3:08pm

spicemonkey said: "Sorry if this has been posted before but does anyone know if Corey Mach will be playing Franklin in April when Geoff is off?"

Jonathan will be out on Tuesday, April 16 through Wednesday, April 17. I imagine those are Corey's scheduled dates.

Strange Lupone
#305MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/9/24 at 7:28pm

Anyone have a current total of how many performances Mendez has missed thus far? The other board is suggesting it’s 40. But it has to be close to 60, no?

Updated On: 2/9/24 at 07:28 PM

Springtime
#306MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/9/24 at 9:39pm

Strange Lupone said: "Anyone have a current total of how many performances Mendez has missed thus far? The other board is suggesting it’s 40. But it has to be close to 60, no?"

53 out so far. 

Updated On: 2/9/24 at 09:39 PM

hearthemsing22
#307MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/14/24 at 1:51pm

I'm looking into getting tickets later in the run, maybe around June. Does anyone think we'll see any of the current three leads leave before then? 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#308MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/14/24 at 2:34pm

Highly unlikely, all three are contracted through July. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Springtime
#309MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/14/24 at 3:50pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "spicemonkey said: "Sorry if this has been posted before but does anyone know if Corey Mach will be playing Franklin in April when Geoff is off?"

Jonathan will be out on Tuesday, April 16 through Wednesday, April 17. I imagine those are Corey's scheduled dates.
"

In an Instagram story today Corey Mach wrote that he has some dates in April as Frank but can’t announce which dates they are until two weeks out, when they may be sold out. 

MezzA101
#310MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/14/24 at 4:21pm

hearthemsing22 said: "I'm looking into getting tickets later in the run, maybe around June. Does anyone think we'll see any of the current three leads leave before then?"

I'm assuming you've been following this thread and know there's no way to predict when Lindsay will be in the show for any given performance.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#311MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/22/24 at 3:49pm

Looking to purchase tickets as a gift and have a quick question about seating.

I have the option of Orch Row H center or Dress Circle Row A center. Wasn't sure which way to go as I couldn't figure out what row the Dress Circle over hangs the orchestra.

Thanks.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

mar6411
#312MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/22/24 at 4:01pm

Nice gift! 

I’m  anal and keep track of seats i sit in for any show i go to.  I prefer the dress circle - have been in rows A and B and thought they were great. I noted that row A was perfect.  But I sat in L110 in the orchestra and thought it was very good.  But I prefer the mezz.  I saw Merrily from row B center dress circle.

Updated On: 2/22/24 at 04:01 PM

MezzA101
#313MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/22/24 at 4:09pm

Huss417 said: "Looking to purchase tickets as a gift and have a quick question about seating.

I have the option of Orch Row H center or Dress Circle Row A center. Wasn't sure which way to go as I couldn't figure out what row the Dress Circle over hangs the orchestra.

Thanks.
"

I'd go with Orchestra Center H. Worth it to observe Groff's affect change throughout the show.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#314MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/22/24 at 4:13pm

Huss417 said: "Looking to purchase tickets as a gift and have a quick question about seating.

Thanks.
"

This has been asked before, and, to me, it looks like it overhangs rows M-N. In the pic below, I put a white line through row H:

MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#315MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/22/24 at 4:20pm

I appreciate the help/info. I ended up going with Orch Row H Center.

Thanks. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 2/22/24 at 04:20 PM

MezzA101
#316MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/24/24 at 8:36pm

Full page ad in tomorrow's 2-part NYT A&L Spring Preview. Emphasis on the three leads. Wish they'd put an asterisk next to Lindsay's name.

Dionysus3 Profile Photo
Dionysus3
#317MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/24/24 at 9:32pm

If there have been absences, it hasn’t affected the chemistry between the leads at all. They were all in  for the matinee this past Wednesday and, my god, they work well together. This is such an electric production. 

tomwsjr
#318MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/25/24 at 6:34am

What’s Lindsey’s attendance record been lately?  Still missing 3-4 performances a week?

Springtime
#319MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/25/24 at 1:38pm

tomwsjr said: "What’s Lindsey’s attendance record been lately? Still missing 3-4 performances a week?"

Much better lately. Has attended all shows so far this week. Missed two shows each week in the previous two weeks. 

Updated On: 2/25/24 at 01:38 PM

JSquared2
#320MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/29/24 at 11:49am

Has Lindsay Mendez's attendance been more regular lately?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#321MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 2/29/24 at 11:53am

JSquared2 said: "Has Lindsay Mendez's attendance been more regular lately?"

I was at the matinee yesterday and forgot to look at the board on the way in. I asked a staff member if she was in the show and their response was “ shockingly. Yes she is.” It made me laugh and I think once the words came out of their mouth I think they were shocked that they said it.

Updated On: 2/29/24 at 11:53 AM

Ball of Buttah
#322MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 3/6/24 at 11:07pm

Lindsay was in the matinee today and thank goodness. She was awesome! I think she's on par w/ Groffsauce in superior technical singing and acting. I wished she took over "Not a Day Goes By" for Katie. I think it was okay Act 1 song. I know she's supposed to be emotional singing it, so it goes both flat and sharp in parts of the song. But she didn't act that emotionally nor was she crying. Obviously, I preferred the song in Act 2 when both JG and Lindsay join in.
Krystal Joy Brown is trying all her might to get a Featured Actress nom. I think she and Radcliffe were great if not a little one note the entire play. Ensemble was perfect. 

Springtime
#323MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 3/6/24 at 11:28pm

Lindsay's attendance has improved and she was at all shows for the past two weeks and all three shows so far this week. She has missed 55 shows in the Broadway run. 

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
LuckyDipster
#324MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews
Posted: 3/7/24 at 5:59am

Springtime said: "She has missed 55 shows in the Broadway run."

I should try that with my place of work and see how it flies.

😏

Latest Posts