News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Victoria Clark performance schedule

Victoria Clark performance schedule

Theatrefanboy1
#1Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/27/23 at 9:52pm

I’m looking to go to see Kimberley Akimbo next week I’m curious if anyone knows what Victoria Clark’s performance schedule is looking like. Would she be performing at the Tuesday evening shows? The Saturday shows?  Wednesday matinee? Thanks

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/27/23 at 10:21pm

Judging by her Instagram post, it appears there is no schedule - her standby will go on whenever Victoria chooses to not perform. She basically implied to just check the box office at the Booth Theatre to see if she’s performing that day. Good luck.  

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#3Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/28/23 at 12:06am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Judging by her Instagram post, it appears there is no schedule - her standby will go on whenever Victoria chooses to not perform. She basically implied to just check the box office at the Booth Theatre to see if she’s performing that day. Good luck."

I really can't remember another situation like this. It's somehow both vague and transparent. But if this arrangement works for her and the producers then that's fine! It shouldn't matter to most buyers.

You usually just get one of the following scenarios. 
1) official reduction to 7 a week (i.e. Tuesdays off)
2) unofficial understanding between actor & producer that the actor is having trouble getting through all 8 or needs additional time off, and will quietly call out at least once a week.

The honesty is appreciated, especially considering how some folks online react to lead actors missing perfs.

Updated On: 10/28/23 at 12:06 AM

Ensemble1686998462
#4Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/28/23 at 1:55am

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I wonder if Victoria cutting back on performances is a sign that the show is starting to wind down or perhaps the beginning of the search for a new Kimberly.

The show just had its second-best week ever at the box office and it's one year anniversary is coming up so it will be interesting to see if the producers try to push through the winter or not. 

Updated On: 10/28/23 at 01:55 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#5Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/28/23 at 4:45am

I don't think it would be related at all to whether or not the show is 'starting to wind down' as I think the reasons are completely justified (+ she did the off-broadway run too of course so it's well over 400 performances in total). But I do think it could indicate they might need to find a new Kimberly if Victoria Clark does not want to extend her contract beyond whatever the current end date is and they think the show still has legs into the new year. 

It might be the opportune time to find a star replacement (as always I'll offer Bernadette's name because it's the only person I can think of that would give a bump in the box office and has the perfect 'I'm a little girl in an old body' look and personality. However, Bernadette herself might be too exhausted by the end of 'Old Friends' and I think she would find the role difficult to learn, sing and perform at her age. So I doubt she'd do it unless she really fell in love with the role). 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 10/28/23 at 04:45 AM

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#6Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/28/23 at 9:12am

I heard recently that Victoria Clark extended her contract into spring 2024, and I assume part of the negotiation was a reduced performance schedule. She cut a similar deal with THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA, where her schedule was reduced to six performances a week after the first year. It's slightly odd, though, that she doesn't seem to have a set schedule in this case. I wonder if that will change sooner or later.

It also seems like Bonnie Milligan is out all the time now.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#7Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/28/23 at 9:17am

i think it would be respectable to announce Fitzpatrick as the alternate and what her performance schedule will be.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jakeevan942
#8Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/28/23 at 9:23am

Given that it is a David Stone show, this is likely an Elphaba-esque unspoken 6/7 shows a week deal, which Victoria decided to acknowledge, even though it may have been smoother to frame as a Tony winner extends on a 6/2 alternate split.

And Bonnie was out the past 2 weeks on an injury; she returned to the show last night.

BETTY22
#9Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/28/23 at 9:30am

Victoria is giving a master class performance - if you have not seen her yet....RUN!

Tony winner, New York Times Critics Pix and lots of other amazing honors are all well deserved.

I'm going back to see her. 

Collingswood
#10Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/28/23 at 5:54pm

Any smart producer (and that is David Stone) knows that after a year, schedules will change. Clark would most likely have Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee off. It makes total sense for the producers and artist. She deserves that time off. 

angoradebs
#11Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/28/23 at 6:27pm

AC126748 said: "

It also seems like Bonnie Milligan is out all the time now."

She was out due to an injury. She is back, but she'll be out Friday/Saturday 11/3-11/4 (at least) for concerts

OMG U Guyz
#12Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/29/23 at 12:05pm

Collingswood said: "Any smart producer (and that is David Stone) knows that after a year, schedules will change. Clark would most likely have Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee off. It makes total sense for the producers and artist. She deserves that time off."

I heard Colleen is taking over Tuesday evenings and once the schedule changes in the new year Sunday evenings as well. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#13Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/29/23 at 1:16pm

I'd also assume they'll add another cover for Clark now?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#14Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 10/29/23 at 1:16pm

I have no issues with Victoria cutting back her schedule. She's been playing a very demanding role for a long time and if this keeps her in it longer, that's awesome.

I do hope they have a set schedule for an alternate/understudy though instead of just "1-2x a week"

mcsquared
#15Victoria Clark performance schedule
Posted: 11/20/23 at 3:35pm

Has the Tuesday night  and Wednesday matinee off been confirmed?

Videos