Standby Line for COVENANT

theatregeek25
#1Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 11/8/23 at 5:24pm

Has anyone tried the standby line for Covenant at the Laura Pels theater?  If you are first in line, do you generally get seated?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#2Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 11/8/23 at 5:51pm

Not answering your question, but did you see that they extended one more week, through December 17?

theatregeek25
#3Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 11/9/23 at 10:21am

Yes, but all of the performances in the extension are sold out.  The website suggests trying standby.  I'm in New York from 11/14 through 11/19.  I know how to get to any theater early enough to be first in line, but I want to know what the success rate is if I am first.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#4Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 11/9/23 at 10:24am

Based on their language on the website, they reserve 10 standby tickets per performance. So if you’re first in line, there shouldn’t be any issue getting a seat.

theatregeek25
#5Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 11/10/23 at 8:44am

Thanks for your response.  When I get to New York next week, I will check with the Laura Pels box office before getting in the standby line.  My gut feeling is that it is simply a cancellation line in which they are allowing 10 (and only 10) people to stand inside the building out of the cold, but there is no guarantee any of them will be seated unless individuals return tickets for a refund.  Generally there is at least one person who will return a ticket for a refund to a sold out show (especially when the weather is unusually cold).

idioteque...
#6Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 11/11/23 at 4:43pm

anyone know what seats hiptix are giving out? seems like its rando this time.

chrishuyen
#7Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 11/11/23 at 5:13pm

I believe it's open seating 

idioteque...
#8Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 11/13/23 at 1:09pm

chrishuyen said: "I believe it's open seating"

What do you mean by that?

nasty_khakis
#9Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 11/13/23 at 1:29pm

I saw it last Thursday and it's general admission, meaning the seats aren't assigned you sit wherever is available.

They had several seats saved/blocked off and at the last second (literally a minute before curtain) sat around 8 people. It was definitely a standby line vs just a group getting there late. There were still a few empty seats.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#10Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 12/1/23 at 3:01pm

Has anyone tried this?  Have people been lining up?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#11Standby Line for COVENANT
Posted: 12/7/23 at 2:22am

It is general admission for all. When we entered, they saved a few seats on the side by the entrance for standby line. They literally will fill up every single seat right before the show starts. There was one person who had a friend who was running late but sadly even after waiting 10 mins after scheduled starting time they had to start the show and the friend didn't make it (but they did allow 1 more person from standby line to get in.) Note there is no late seating and if you have to leave during the show, there is no re-entry.

Amazing performances by the cast. I can see why the play got a NYT critic's pick. I preferred this play over Grey House. 

Videos