FROZEN Pro-shot

Theatre Fan3
jimmycurry01
#2FROZEN Pro-shot
Posted: 2/5/24 at 6:49am

Sure, but so was Aladdin, and that is still nowhere to be seen. I'll believe it when I see it.

windowwaving
#3FROZEN Pro-shot
Posted: 2/5/24 at 8:36am

Theatre Fan3 said: "Proshot of Frozen The Musical reportedly set for Disney+"

This actually makes a lot of sense and if it's true, I'm glad it's the superior West End version. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#4FROZEN Pro-shot
Posted: 2/5/24 at 8:58am

jimmycurry01 said: "Sure, but so wasAladdin, and that is still nowhere to be seen. I'll believe it when I see it."

The issue with the Aladdin pro-shot is Jonathan Freeman

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#5FROZEN Pro-shot
Posted: 2/5/24 at 10:19am

windowwaving said: "Theatre Fan3 said: "Proshot of Frozen The Musical reportedly set for Disney+"

This actually makes a lot of sense and if it's true, I'm glad it's the superior West End version.
"

I've never seen the production anywhere - what makes the West End one superior?

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#6FROZEN Pro-shot
Posted: 2/5/24 at 10:35am

FANtomFollies said: "windowwaving said: "Theatre Fan3 said: "Proshot of Frozen The Musical reportedly set for Disney+"

"

I've never seen the production anywhere - what makes the West End one superior?
"

The only thing I know of is that the Climax of Let It Go isn't underwhelming as hell anymore with no set pieces and just projections and a curtain. 

https://youtu.be/ukdcST6tHzQ?si=k5YyP_ub7gINFmnx

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#7FROZEN Pro-shot
Posted: 2/5/24 at 10:39am

The overall look was elevated and less dark. 

QueenTwinnied
#8FROZEN Pro-shot
Posted: 2/6/24 at 1:22am

Glad they filmed the West End production. The visuals are so much better. 

I saw the national tour and even with a staircase to hide the reveal and some new lighting, the stage looked dark and barren. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#9FROZEN Pro-shot
Posted: 2/6/24 at 1:02pm

How Disney fumbled the ball on this should be studied in theatre courses for years to come. Who in their right mind thought Michael Grandage was the best choice to direct this show? I still wish we could see Alex Timbers and Bob Crowleys design concepts for their version of the show.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#10FROZEN Pro-shot
Posted: 2/6/24 at 1:11pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I still wish we could see Alex Timbers and Bob Crowleys design concepts for their version of the show."

SAME! I would love to see what could have been... I liked the Broadway production more than most, and I think it got progressively better with each iteration (Broadway, National Tour, and finally the West End production which had the most spectacle)... I do think a better stage adaptation was possible in the hands of a better creative them, though.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Videos