June TRIP

justherehanging
#1June TRIP
Posted: 6/1/24 at 4:42pm

need advice on my shows for June 13

June 13

Great Gatsby???  There is a 2 PM    are there any discounts for this particular one

Evening show is tbd 

debating about seeing either wicked which I’ve seen on tour, but never on Broadway  or Illinois, but I’m not really sure if it’s my cup of tea  I’ve seen the notebook but I thought about seeing it again because who knows how long that will be on Broadway  I could go really outside my box and see mother’s play. I typically don’t see plays   Part of me wants to make sure I see the show that’s gonna win also this year

Here are my confirmed shows, though:

June 14 than  7:30 PM titanic 

June 15 Outsiders 2 PM

Cabaret at 8pm

June 16

merrily we roll along at 1pm 

Book of Mormon 7 PM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#2June TRIP
Posted: 6/1/24 at 8:09pm

justherehanging said: " Part of me wants to make sure I see the show that’s gonna win also this year

Well that won't be Great Gatsby as it isn't nominated.

justherehanging
#3June TRIP
Posted: 6/1/24 at 8:11pm

There’s no mention of great Gatsby being nominated in my message, that is this a show that I was playing in the see at 2 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4June TRIP
Posted: 6/1/24 at 8:26pm

You said you wanted to see a show that wins... Which is what Inception was addressing. 

Stereophonic likely to win Best Play

Appropriate likely to win Revival 

Merrily likely to win Musical revival

No idea what will win Best musical 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 6/2/24 at 08:26 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#5June TRIP
Posted: 6/1/24 at 10:31pm

Water For Elephants is the best musical of the season, it can't be missed. 

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

justherehanging
#6June TRIP
Posted: 6/2/24 at 5:58am

Water for elephants or Hell’s Kitchen 

not sure why I don’t feel wowed by either  

BwayinVan
#7June TRIP
Posted: 6/2/24 at 1:17pm

After seeing 8 shows last month on my trip I would say add Hell’s Kitchen or Appropriate. I saw Appropriate and Mother Play and if I had to pick one it would be appropriate 

justherehanging
#8June TRIP
Posted: 6/9/24 at 3:49pm

OK, so here’s what I am doing 

I have no tickets for this Thursday. I land at the airport at 845AM and then I’m gonna head straight to the box office for great Gatsby. Hopefully I’ll get there by 9:30. 

I’m gonna rush or buy a last-minute ticket for the 2 PM great Gatsby for this coming Thursday.

then I’m gonna walk over and see if I can find a last-minute ticket for Hells kitchen

I will try to do the lottery the day before online to see if I can win tickets for Gatsby Hells kitchen, and then I may put in one or two others as back ups

I will be by myself if anybody wants to hang or if they have any suggestions for Thursday

Soozie
#9June TRIP
Posted: 6/9/24 at 4:24pm

I don't know which airport you are landing at, but if your plane lands at 8:45 AM and assuming it is even on time, you will not be at the box office at a Broadway theater by 9:30 AM. 

bwayobsessed
#10June TRIP
Posted: 6/9/24 at 5:06pm

Illinoise is definitely my pick for Best Musical after Outsiders. I strongly disagree with whoever said W4e is the best but alas. You may want to add Suffs

Phillyguy
#11June TRIP
Posted: 6/10/24 at 8:24am

I hope you get to see Hell’s Kitchen. It’s my pick for the best musical of the season. Illinoise is also excellent but not everyone’s cup of tea. p

justherehanging
#12June TRIP
Posted: 6/10/24 at 12:04pm

Do you think it’s a bad idea then to go to the box office on Thursday to buy great Gatsby and buy  Hell’s kitchen

I was looking online for tickets for both and they’re about 200 each which seems really steep, but I don’t know if my chances in person are gonna be much better the day of

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#13June TRIP
Posted: 6/10/24 at 12:25pm

Go see Stereophonic! Trust me! You won't be disappointed! 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

MemorableUserName
#14June TRIP
Posted: 6/10/24 at 12:57pm

justherehanging said: "Do you think it’s a bad idea then to go to the box office on Thursday to buy great Gatsby and buyHell’s kitchen

I was looking online for tickets for both and they’re about 200 each which seems really steep, but I don’t know if my chances in person are gonna be much better the day of
"

You should be fine to wait for Gatsby. If you can't get a rush ticket at the box office that morning, it's regularly available at the TKTS booth so you can always get a ticket there at a discount.

Hell's Kitchen is trickier. That Thursday evening show is almost sold out and with your flight time, it seems unlikely you'd get a good spot in the rush line. If you definitely want to see it, you probably should buy now/ahead of time. But if you're at all ambivalent, $200 is a lot to spend on something you're not sure of. If you don't win the lottery Wednesday, maybe go with something else?

justherehanging
#15June TRIP
Posted: 6/13/24 at 10:29am

Lost all lotteries I entered 

made it great Gatsby at 940am.  Ha 

line for rush was 100 deep   Probably cause 2 shows today 

took almost 30 minutes to get to box office

and of course, Jeremy Jordan is out for both shows today

I tried to get mother for tonight   They wanted 399 at box office   Wow 

MemorableUserName
#16June TRIP
Posted: 6/13/24 at 10:47am

Were you able to get your Gatsby ticket then?

Plenty on TKTS if you still need an evening show: https://www.tdf.org/discount-ticket-programs/tkts-by-tdf/tkts-live/

justherehanging
#17June TRIP
Posted: 6/13/24 at 11:05am

I got Gatsby even without Jeremy 

40 dollars 

Videos