Outer Critics Circle Winners

Plum
#0Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 4:48pm

Congrats to Wicked, Wonderful Town, I Am My Own Wife, and Henry IV. :)
Complete List of Winners

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 4:53pm

How Ziemba beat out Keating escapes me. From what I heard, Ziemba had a small role but I thought Keating as Garland was great

Poster Emeritus

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#2re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 4:54pm

Good turn-out...the only thing I really didn't like was WICKED losing for lighting...ah well...

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#3re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 5:15pm

wow--wonder if this will have any effect on Best Actress in a Musical and Best Revival of a Musical.

FrancisGumm Profile Photo
FrancisGumm
#4re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 5:44pm

wicked lost all the acting categories,correct? that amazes me. and i thought Never Gonna Dance was going to atleast get the choreography award. hopefully this wont be the replica for the Tonys

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono

#5re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 5:51pm

Well, Wicked didn't win everything. I thought Donna might win, and she did. Hopefully this will not mirror the Tony winners. I really want my Wicked girls to win! Well one of them anyway. And yes, very suprised about Keating. Loved her as Garland and wish she had taken the award.

BTW, Gumm, I love your icon.

FrancisGumm Profile Photo
FrancisGumm
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 5:55pm

i also agree with you Chenofan and i like your icon as well re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono

Jamie Hat Profile Photo
Jamie Hat
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:25pm

How did Wonderful Town beat Assassins..
Congrats to Michael Cerveris. He deserved it.

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:36pm

Good for Donna Murphy!

Kicks8567
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:44pm

I hope this doesn't affect Tony decisions because I am praying for Idina to win the Tony, I am so upset that she lost.

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:45pm

While I am rooting for Idina for the Tony, let's not spoil Donna's win, right? :) She's an amazing lady as well. Updated On: 5/2/04 at 08:45 PM

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:46pm

There were definetely some Wonderful Town fans on the voting committee.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

VocalLizzy Profile Photo
VocalLizzy
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 8:56pm

Okay, I'm gonna be fangirly for a moment...

WOOO HOOO HUGH!!!!

:)

Okay, back to reality re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners

Lizzy

jo
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 9:00pm

Congratulations to Hugh Jackman!

Will this be the first of a sweep of all " Best Actor in a Musical" awards ?

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 9:03pm

I'm happy for Donna, but I can't believe Kristen or Idina didn't get 'best actress in a musical'.
It figures Hugh would get best actor- it's going to be the same at the Tonys.
I hope WICKED wins for best musical at the Tonys, like it did here!

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

Plum
#15re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 9:26pm

I have to agree, Jamie- I'm really surprised that Wonderful Town beat out Assassins for Best Revival of a Musical. But the OCC seems a bit out there- they couldn't even get their nominations straight.

johny0828 Profile Photo
johny0828
#16re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 11:21pm

i think idina and kristin split the majority of the votes thats how donna won. i wanted idina to win.

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#17re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/2/04 at 11:49pm

These Awards don't usually mirror the Tonys; but the Drama Desk Awards do.

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

Plum
#18re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/3/04 at 12:23am

I disagree, johny. Not too long ago, someone on ATC demonstrated that the "split vote" thing is pretty much a myth- I think Murphy won on her own merits.

MargoChanning
#19re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/3/04 at 12:48am

Agreed. This is a ridiculously tight race that truly could go in any direction by the time the Tonys roll around. Donna? Idina? Kristen? Tonya? There are convincing arguments for and against any one of them winning and they are all completely deserving. Put aside all personal biases -- these are four incredibly talented women and THANK GOD all of us have the pleasure to see each of them on stage every night. While I, perhaps, sort of root for one of the above, I honestly can't say I'll be too terribly disappointed with whomever ends up gong home with the award -- they EACH deserve it. Brava Divas!

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#20re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/3/04 at 3:04am

Theaterbaby, you answered my question before I could ask it. In what ways do the Drama Desk Awards inform the Tonys more than these Outer Critics Circle Awards? Who are the voting committees (sp?) for each?

Plum
#21re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/3/04 at 3:37am

The OCC is literally the "outer critics"- the critics from out of town. The Drama Desks are voted on by theater critics and writers in the print, Internet, television, and radio mediums- they're a real mixed bag, but I respect them more than the OCC.

Jon
#22re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/3/04 at 5:41am

Hopefully, Karen Ziemba's win means she at least might get nominated for the Tony!

Melissa908
#23re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/3/04 at 9:24am

Congratulations to Frank Langella!

Ruffian
#24re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Outer Critics Circle Winners
Posted: 5/3/04 at 9:47am

CONGRADS TO CERVERIS

Videos