Graduation Song

tcb122
#0Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:31pm

I rairly post, but I have a desperate request. I was wondering if any of you knew any good, (and not too hokey) graduation songs. We're kinda hoping something Broadway but any ideas are great. Thanks for the help!!

Annie2004
#1re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:36pm

This is the Moment-Jekyl and Hyde

Penalers Profile Photo
Penalers
#2re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:44pm

Bring on Tomorrow--Fame

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#3re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:47pm

Defying Gravity

(sorry, couldn't resist) re: Graduation Song

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#4re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:48pm

White boys are deliscious

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#5re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:49pm

Tomorrow -Annie
I couldn't resist

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#6re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 4:51pm

Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Cutielyricist Profile Photo
Cutielyricist
#7re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 5:13pm

I sang " our children" from Ragtime at my grauation.

tcb122
#8re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 5:13pm

thanks! keep em commin please! re: Graduation Song

rlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
#9re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 5:17pm

The Hills Of Tomorrow - MERRILY

stop!
#10re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 5:22pm

not broadway but the other day i heard this song and was thinking how big of grad songs its going to be.... that josh groban raise me up song.... mine were wind beneath my wings, and now and forever... bway songs cant think of any good luck

GET A LIFE!!!

BakersWife3
#11re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 5:29pm

What I did For Love -Chorus Line

Do not put your faith in a cape and a hood. They will not protect you the way that they should. ~Into the Woods "There is no plague! You are trying to raise cows on the side of a MOUNTAIN!!!" ~Meredith Parker, Bat Boy

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#12re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 5:30pm

OUR TIME- Merrily We Roll Along

"We are the movers and we are the shakers, we're the names in tomorrow's papers, up to us man to show 'um"

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#13re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 5:34pm

"You'll Never Walk Alone"- Carousel

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#14re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 5:36pm

Hills of Tomorrow - Merrily We Roll Along

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#15re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 6:07pm

"Another Day" from RENT.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

zbigner
#16re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 6:08pm

Here's a few:

Open a New Window - Mame
Corner of the Sky - Pippin
You Rule My World - The Full Monty

Of course opening the whole ceremony with Comedy Tonight would be great, but the parents might not like it.

Zack

Pass it on - Take a kid to a show.

musicalmjk Profile Photo
musicalmjk
#17re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 6:43pm

seasons of love, not at my graduation but the year before

need to defrag my brain.

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#18re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 7:01pm

zbigner This is one parent that the humor of Comedy Tonight would not be lost on!
B re: Graduation Song

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#19re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 7:08pm

What about For Good from Wicked?

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#20re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 9:55pm

'I Wish I Could Go Back to College'-Avenue Q re: Graduation Song

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#21re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 10:10pm

"Why Dontcha Come Up To My Office" - Parade

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#22re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/6/04 at 10:13pm

It's not Broadway, but I sang "I Turn to You," the Christina Aguilera song and dedicated it to all our parents and teachers.

#23re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/7/04 at 11:18pm

ive been listening to a variety of graduation songs from pop stuff like vitamin c's gradution, to some punk stuff like green day's time of your life, to older more mellow things like lulu' to sir with love.

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#24re: Graduation Song
Posted: 5/7/04 at 11:34pm

"Climb Every Mountain" - Sound of Music (couldn't resist!)

Videos