Antonio Banderas

sharon1
#0Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 9:50am

He just announced that he would be back on Broadway in Death Takes a Holiday the musical. He announced on Regis and Kelly. Don't know if this has been mentioned before. Some time next year

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#1re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 9:52am

There was a rumor floating around a while ago about Antonio starting a new musicla theatre company in Madrid. Anyone hear any more about that?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Ruffian
#2re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 10:15am

He is welcome on Broadway anytime

He may leave the Ball & Chain home, however

jo
#3re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 10:37am

I've read on another forum that it was indicated on his website that he may be returning to Broadway in late spring or thereabouts.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#4re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 11:50am

LORDY if he returns Miss Melly will almost certainly hunt around for a gig too! HMMM What about Madam Morrible! AhA hahahah!

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#5re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 12:03pm

They could always do a revival of BORN YESTERDAY. I thought she was great in the film version (No Judy of course) but that's a role she could probably do right on stage.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#6re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 12:50pm

Ohhhh, I will see any show Antonio does in a second. He certainly proved himself with Nine as an exception to the general rule of stunt casting. I can't wait to see Shrek 2 and hear him voice Puss In Boots!

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

divarobbie Profile Photo
divarobbie
#7re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 5:52pm

This is the same production that lovely Laura Benanti has been mentioned for, when it was supposed to play London first...
Laura Benanti Online

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 7:43pm

Always thought he would be great in Z The Zorro Musical

Poster Emeritus

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#9re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 7:45pm

he was so fantastic in nine, id love to see him on broadway again

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#10re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/18/04 at 9:12pm

HE REALLY WAS FANTASTIC. I think he deserved the TONY over Harvey...

-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#11re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 6:11am

How about this in one show - Banderas & Jackman. Of course, tickets wuld have to be $ 200 a pop

Poster Emeritus

kec Profile Photo
kec
#12re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 8:06am

Sounds like a great idea to me, Mr. Roxy...re: Antonio Banderas

Ruffian
#13re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 9:26am

Roxy, they should cast that NOW

msmfan
#14re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 1:28pm

ANTONIO Banderas, who was nominated for a Tony last year for his tender and sexy performance in "Nine," may be back on Broadway next season.

The actor is in negotiations to star in "Death Takes a Holiday," a new musical by "Nine" composer Maury Yeston and the late book writer Peter Stone.

"Death Takes a Holiday" will be directed by David Leveaux, who staged "Nine," and produced by the Nederlanders.
NY Post

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#15re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 1:29pm

He is a beautiful man. I also saw him in Nine. I was in third row. I was close enough to see his long..............eyelashes. Ha ha fooled you. I will be at his show when he comes back to Broadway. I recently saw a rerun of Actor's Studio when he was on. Very charming.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

DefyingGravity2
#16re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 1:53pm

I don't understand peoples facination with this man. He always appears greasy/sweaty--ALWAYS! One can only assume that anyone who sweats that much must smell also. I'm sorry but there is no bigger turn off than someone who smells like the salami cooler at a deli. Then there is that bubble headed wife of his--YEESH!!
Does no one notice that Miss Mel has the IQ of a doorknob and just as much talent? I'm not making this up or trying to be inflamatory I'm just trying to point out the obvious, which alot of people have trouble seeing. Just watch an interview with this "hot couple du jour" and you'll see what I mean. She gives the term "vapidity" new meaning.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#17re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 2:20pm

GREASY, SWEATY. Hmm. I WANT HIM NOW!

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

BWayBoy88
#18re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 3:03pm

"HE REALLY WAS FANTASTIC. I think he deserved the TONY over Harvey..."

I totally agree that he should of won the Tony.

Ruffian
#19re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 3:27pm

How many times in one lifetime can DAME be right? RIGHT AGAIN

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#20re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 3:52pm

Antonio was perfection in Nine. He was really great. I hope he does do Death Takes a Holiday or something else on broadway.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#21re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 8:01pm

How about him in J& H or Boy From Oz ?

Poster Emeritus

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#22re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 8:55pm

well; first of all both those shows are horrible. Why don't they just have Antonio and Hugh do Bent?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#23re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/19/04 at 9:03pm

DAME DAME DAME

You may be a Hussy but my wife & I loved both shows. You are still aces with me but wrong here. You are entitled to your opinion

Poster Emeritus

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#24re: Antonio Banderas
Posted: 5/20/04 at 2:47am

Well that explains alot.

Videos