pixeltracker

WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)

WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#0WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 12:00pm

Does anyone know which number(s) will be performed?

I'd like to see Bell Bundy and Espinosa perform, instead of Menzel and Chenoweth, who have performed on TV many times already.

Since Bell Bundy is the replacement, it'd be nice to see her.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

#1re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 12:04pm

When AIDA had this gig it was just before Simone took over the role, and Heather suggested she be allowed to perform - so she was flown in from the tour to appear. It will be interesting to see if that's what happens with WICKED.

FindingNamo
#2re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 12:12pm

I totally think they're going to fly in the tour Elphaba for this. And, might I add, I've heard nothing but great things about Sandy Duncan in the role.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 12:20pm

I found Namo!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

MusicPos2 Profile Photo
MusicPos2
#4re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 1:06pm

That assumes that they've officially decided on a new Glinda by 6/12, anyway. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully, Idina will sing more like she does on stage than she did at the Tonys.

Ilive4nyc Profile Photo
Ilive4nyc
#5re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 1:25pm

What time will they be on? Does anyone know that?

"It's like I'm your lover or more like your ghost. I spend the day wondering what you do where you go" "A log is like this big around, you're lucky your head didn't fall off, you best get yourself to a hospital....

BwayTheatre11
#6re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 1:28pm

Usually between 8 and 9 am.

CCM '10!

Ilive4nyc Profile Photo
Ilive4nyc
#7re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 1:43pm

Thanks! re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)

"It's like I'm your lover or more like your ghost. I spend the day wondering what you do where you go" "A log is like this big around, you're lucky your head didn't fall off, you best get yourself to a hospital....

Becky
#8re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 1:48pm

Since Bell Bundy is the replacement

I don't know how accurate this is, but I saw this morning on another mailing list:

"Laura Bell Bundy is NOT replacing Kristin as Glinda. (Someone asked her LAST NIGHT at the stage door, and her answer was NO.) She was asked, but she & the producers could not reach an agreement regarding her contract."

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#9re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 1:49pm

WELL Namo Sany had NOTHING good to say about u! course what else would u expect from a one eyed, two note has-been eh?

#10re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 1:51pm

wow - that statement comes perilously close to crossing a line for me. But I've never been overly fond of having no boundaries. I know, I'm a prude I guess.

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#11re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 1:58pm

Oh hell, I'll say it. Sabre's comments above may be the most vile remarks about a performer I've ever read, particularly for Duncan, who is a lovely woman, and supremely talented.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

BroadwayKelly Profile Photo
BroadwayKelly
#12re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 2:01pm

Prude? No. Classy? Yes. It takes class to be respectful of all. Sandy Duncan is fabulous! I saw her when I was a little girl in Peter Pan on Broadway and have been a fan ever since.

Shame on you.

"NYC....what is it about you? You're big! You're loud! You're tough! NYC...I go years without you...then I...can't get.....enough!" from Annie
Updated On: 6/10/04 at 02:01 PM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#13re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 2:28pm

Ah, it was reported a while back on the Bell Bundy website that she was the new Galinda, but it was taken off her Site.

New replacement, hmmm...

--Aristotle

broadwayguy2
#14re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 3:12pm

uh oh... Bindy going diva????

I would like to see espinoza simply because I want to see her Elphaba.. it would be interesting to see Melissa as Galinda as well.......

Yankeefan007
#15re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 5:09pm

will kristin and idina be performing or will it be their understudies?

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#16re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 6:08pm

Wicked will not be performing. It will be cast members from Caroline, or Change on Saturday.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#17re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 6:12pm

I thought I heard somewhere that Idina and Norbert would be performing...

And for the record, LBB is currently NOT going to be the new Glinda. Negotiations with the producers were unable to be made.

Toon
#18re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 6:17pm

Magruder I am assuming you are being sarcastic because wicked is listed on the today show's official site as performing saturday. and NYCbabe, the news about Laura not taking over was already posted in this thread. See earlier post.

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#19re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 6:20pm

Heard there's been a change of plans and that Wicked will not be performing this Saturday and that Caroline, or Change is filling in. I am not being sarcastic in the least.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#20re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 7:18pm

Wow, really? Where did you hear that?

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#21re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 7:23pm

through the grapevine, perhaps.
-d.b.j-

Vary My Days.

tennis85 Profile Photo
tennis85
#22re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 8:42pm

Well, someone please let me know. I don't wanna wake up for nothin.....

"I'm gonna jump! Don't do it! Okay!"

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#23re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 8:49pm

It's Anika Noni Rose and the kids doing "I Hate the Bus," and "Roosevelt Petrucius Coleslaw" from Caroline, or Change. Mark my words.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

tennis85 Profile Photo
tennis85
#24re: WICKED Performs Saturday, June 12 On TODAY SHOW (NBC)
Posted: 6/10/04 at 8:51pm

That's what I thought...

"I'm gonna jump! Don't do it! Okay!"

Videos