Dracula: Why no hype??

USActorSinger Profile Photo
USActorSinger
#0Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 5:44pm

Check out these pictures:

http://www.lajollaplayhouse.com/shows/Dracula/gallery.htm

I>http://www.lajollaplayhouse.com/shows/Dracula/gallery.htm>http://www.lajollaplayhouse.com/shows/Dracula/gallery.htm

I think it looks awesome! I'll admit Frank Wildhorn is no Sondheim but Jekyll & Hyde was an entertaining guilty pleasure and Scarlet Pimpernell was actually qutie good and better than most musicals since. Dracula is a great story and with the talent involved in this production I'm shocked there is not more excitement.

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#1re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 5:48pm

Previews are still a month away. I think people will start talking about it soon...

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

Ruffian
#2re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 5:48pm

Very Cool

I will be seeing this FOR SURE :)

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#3re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 5:49pm

I'm psyched. Our school is going to see in next year. I'm going to pressure my chorus teacher until he orders those tickets because this past year he kept putting off seeing a Broadway show and we never got to see one. But he says he wants to see Dracula.

I'll probably end up going even if my school doesn't go. I'm in the mood for a more 'serious' musical. I've attended too many feel good comical shows lately.

testing123
#4re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 5:53pm

Have tix for July 23rd, and cant wait!! I know Wildhorn takes a lot of hits, but I have really liked his scores. Think Hewitt is gonna be real good here !

"Get a job!!!" "Thank you... honey"

Ruffian
#5re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 5:54pm

Wildhorn is not the best, but he can be a guilty pleasure

AND I LOVE VAMPIRES

Dont we all

LOL

USActorSinger
#6re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 6:01pm

Are there discounts available to shows in previews or is that never possible?

BwayTheatre11
#7re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 6:03pm

Should be a good show. There is a music sample on the official site.

CCM '10!

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#8re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 6:04pm

All tickets for previews of Dracula are $61.25 if ordered before July 18. No code needed.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#9re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 6:06pm

I have been quite excited about this show for some time now. I for one CAN NOT wait! The Belasco is a perfect setting for this story.
B re: Dracula:  Why no hype??

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

testing123
#10re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 6:12pm

They also have a $26.25 ticket, if you dont want to go for the $61.

Thats what we did. If we love it as much as I think we will, we will see it from closer a second time around.

Ruffian
#11re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 6:15pm

Maybe I better cough up for the pricey ticket now, or regret it later

MuHawHawHawwwwwwwwwwwww

I feel a Bank Robbery coming on

USActorSinger
#12re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 6:16pm

how do you get the cheap tix??

bwayaddict Profile Photo
bwayaddict
#13re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 7:10pm

I also have tickets for the 23rd of July on my next New York trip. I'm looking forward to it after listening to the music on their official website.

"The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends." - Shirley MacLaine

testing123
#14re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 7:10pm

Thats a reg balcony price. (not sure if its just for previews)

Balcony might be cool for this show !!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#15re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 7:13pm

I've been excited about this show ever since the La Jolla run. It was an awesome show. I'm excited to see the changes they make, and I can't wait for the CD.

testing123
#16re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 9:27pm

I cant find the music sample link on their website. Anyone??

TIA !!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#17re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 9:53pm

I'm also looking forward to seeing it. Tom Hewitt is a great actor.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 6/21/04 at 09:53 PM

USActorSinger
#18re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 11:12pm

I can't find the music clip either. Anyone know where it is??

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#19re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/21/04 at 11:14pm

I really enjoyed it in CA. The music was very good and Tom Hewitt was fantastic as was the rest of the cast. I can't wait to see what they've done to it and how they've improved upon the show.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

jayem1968 Profile Photo
jayem1968
#20re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/22/04 at 5:44pm

I saw the show in La Jolla. Parts of it were wonderful - Tom Hewitt was fantastic and it was visually gorgeous (best staging I've seen). I hear they have worked on the score....it should prove to be a great show in NYC.

Everybody goes down well with beer.

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#21re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/22/04 at 6:41pm

There was some sort of issue with the legality of the sound clips, I think.

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

BeckisaMyth
#22re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/30/04 at 8:19am

There was, but it's fixed. There are three songs up and available now.
The Order of Dracula

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#23re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/30/04 at 8:56am

Tom is very sexy.
I have to see this.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#24re: Dracula: Why no hype??
Posted: 6/30/04 at 10:06am

Anyone see Tom Hewitt as Officer Lockstock in the Urinetown tour? I knew that name sounded familiar. Anyways, is it going to be one of those rock operas like Dance of the Vampires? And look how Dance of Vampires ended up. So wait, is there a difference between Dracula and Vampire? Dracula is male and Vampire female maybe?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Videos