pixeltracker

Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!

Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 1:14am

"Order The Video"

Uh huh.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

#2re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 2:27am

was this a rehearsal? the costuming confuses me....

Unlimited_Dreamer
and remember, God loves you.

M J R Profile Photo
M J R
#3re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 2:39am

Wow - the production values are AMAZING - talk about your big budget extravaganza!!

"High time we made a stand and shook up the views of the common man" - Tears for Fears

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#4re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 3:59am

From the producers who brought you the First National Middle School Tour of "Millie" comes......

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#5re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 10:16am

This is too funny!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

broadwayguy2
#6re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 11:04am

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#8re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 12:06pm

I wonder if the creative team is gonna crack down on this.

(And I use the term "creative team" very loosely for Mamma Mia.)

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
Updated On: 7/31/04 at 12:06 PM

Here_I_Go_Again
#9re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 12:55pm

How did they obtain the orchestration for the show, the score is easy to come by but the rest had to be a challenge, and i see NO mega mix pix... sad re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
i must say the set is pretty good, costumes need work and the donna seems a bit non former rock star ish... like like former amish "ish" heheh

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 1:37pm

This is terribly illegal. Why is no one doing anything about it????!!!!

Mr. Tuttle
#11re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 1:51pm

Someone here my know the answer, but I think copyright laws don't extend to certain parts of the world.

I have heard of prouctions of "Rent" and "B&B" that were done in far off, little European cities before any performance rights were made available.

Any lawyers out here?

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#12re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 1:56pm

I'm just surprised that in Kuwait, they'd would put on a show about a former loose-swinging hippie with an illigitimate child who doesn't know who her father is.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

Mr. Tuttle
#13re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 7/31/04 at 2:01pm

Wait...they're doing "Annie"?

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
KLT-Fan Profile Photo
KLT-Fan
#15re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 8/26/04 at 6:57am

You try putting a broadway show on stage at a theatre with a 10 metre high proscenium arch and a $5,000 budget. It's a challenge!

Orchestarations were easy to build - midi is a wonderful tool and ABBA tracks are all the rage all over the net!

Costumes lacked a little flair at times I agree but we spent all our money on building a faithful reproduction of the set (that would fit and turn in our tiny space) and buying additional lights and microphones to recreate the Broadway vibe.

Kuwait's laws on copyright are very lax - there has to be some advantages to working in the desert and performing in a show when it's 140 degres F. outside!

:)
Read The Reviews!

emmamia Profile Photo
emmamia
#16re: Interesting photographs from the Kuwait Little Theatre's production of MAMMA MIA!
Posted: 8/26/04 at 10:06am

the MM police will find it (oh they will they eventually find EVERYTHING) and now that its on this board it will happen faster .... know the rights are NOT released what-so-ever. I mean god forbid they made an OBC let alone let this production go on.

~*~ Little Boys Who Play With Fire Get Their Fingers Burned ~*~ Tanya (Mamma Mia)