News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Ms. Duff on Broadway

Elphie Pingleton Profile Photo
Elphie Pingleton
#0Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:14pm

Do you think Hillary is planning to hit Broadway!?! I mean since Christy did I'm sure she'll want to up her again! I can't imagine what would happen if she did ewwww! What do you think?

//Just to get my Name in LIGHTS//

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#1re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:17pm

i pray she doesn't unless she's really serious about acting and not just doing it cuz she's got the popularity... but right now, i don't see any roles for her

::bust a move::

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#2re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:17pm

Hopefully she wont come to the stage anytime soon. Or for that matter ever! lol

*Kristen*

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#3re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:21pm

i really really hope not

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

Elphie Pingleton
#4re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:21pm

I wouldn't put the whole "because i'm popular" thing past her she doesn't seem to serious about anything just pray she doesn't have a major singing role if she does take the stage I'm sorry but the whole idea of her singing makes me sick! EWWW!~

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#5re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:25pm

ok, well what i meant is the whole "gotta do everything"... shes definitely got her own fanbase that follows her from tv to movies to music.. so lets hope she doesnt think she can gain some more by entering broadway...

Tishabella Profile Photo
Tishabella
#6re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:34pm

Very true. it seems like she'll do almost anything for publicity.....like this whole her going out with joel madden from good charlotte (who rock by the way) is totally fake! hes like 10 years older than her! which is not that bad if you're like 30 and 40 or something but shes 16!!!!

shesings
#7re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:38pm

can we all form a prayer circle and get together and pray for the fate of musical theatre if Hillary Duff does decide to sign up?
Seriously - who could she be on Broadway? Hopefully not Belle, that wouldn't be one upping anyone, that would be sloppy seconds

Elphie Pingleton
#8re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:43pm

I'm sure she'd find some role she could ruin i mean isn't Legally Blonde gonna be a musical or something? But i totally agree with the praying for the sake of Broadway!

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#9re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:43pm

from what i've heard, she's completely done with disney, so i don't think she would even consider playing belle

Tishabella Profile Photo
Tishabella
#10re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:46pm

amen to that, elphie & shesings!

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#11re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:49pm

i think we should just keep praying she stays away from broadway instead of deciding what kind of role she should take :P

plus even if its a bad idea to turn legally blonde into a musical, i wouldn't want to see her in the role anyway

Plum
#12re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:50pm

She'd better hurry, before her tweeny fans grow a sense of taste.

Mythus
#13re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:50pm

Oh god...you scared me so much with the title of the thread. I hope Hilary Duff doesn't come NEAR Broadway.

Blonde Profile Photo
Blonde
#14re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:55pm

please god no...i guess we can all just be happy it hasn't happened yet, and hopefully will NEVER happen...unless she gains some talent...

shalom kitty

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#15re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:57pm

If she EVER went to Broadway I would cry. For hours. Especially since in 5 years if Wicked's still running she'll want to be Glinda.

Plum
#16re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 7:59pm

*snicker*

Just picture her trying to hit those high notes.

*snorfle*

basketcase
#17re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 8:35pm

Seems to me that Hillary Duff is getting enough movie offers that she doesn't have to "stoop" to the Broadway level quite yet. Christy Carlson Romano doesn't exactly seem to have major motion picture companies knocking down her door.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#18re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 8:41pm

hmmmmmmm lettme think. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#19re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 8:44pm

She'll always be know as Lizzie McGuire to too many people...

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#20re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 9:00pm

please no!!

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#21re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 9:31pm

Ok people we are goin to have to stop making these "I hope
so-and-so doesn't come on broadway" posts because karma will get us back and put every talentless publicity whore in every horrifyingly bad musical. And we'll have to suffer! Updated On: 8/30/04 at 09:31 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#22re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 9:34pm

OMG I think Hilary would make the best Maureen! Shes so talented. I dont get why you guys dont think she'd be good on B'way! I mean, its worked for other popstars! I think Hilary would be an excellent Maureen or an even better Amneris.

Just kidding :)

#23re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 9:36pm

don't tease me like that! I almost had a heart attack!

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#24re: Ms. Duff on Broadway
Posted: 8/30/04 at 9:40pm

The title of this thread made me literally choke. I almost had a heart attack thinking that she was coming to Broadway....

No. She should NEVER come to Broadway. IMO, she doesn't have a very good voice. She sounds SO pop, and I don't think she could sing anything on Broadway. Ick. I don't like her.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

Videos