Little Women, The Musical

q_tip88 Profile Photo
q_tip88
#0Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/6/04 at 2:47pm

Hey, I'm off to New York in the near future and trying to decide on a show to see.

I've been considering seeing "Little Women" (I'm going to be there in February), but I'm open to anything if anyone has any suggestions... a musical, preferably.

If you've heard anything about "Little Women" or care to recommend another show, that would be great!

(I've seen the current big hits like "Avenue Q", "Wicked", "Hairspray", "Mama Mia", "RENT", etc. already.)

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#1re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/6/04 at 2:56pm

See Little Women! Sutton's great and the music isn't too bad.

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#2re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/6/04 at 3:06pm

Well, considering LW hasnt even had NC previews, you aren't going to have many opinions on it (plus, the sound clips are not fair examples..and changes have been made, as they always occur in rehearsal)or at least you shouldnt.

I am but one person but I would recommend it. Sutton will not disappoint! How can you go wrong with her or Ms. McGovern? The rest of the cast is very talented, as well.
Expect good things from this one!

Of course, since we are talking Feb...lots of things will be opening or have just opened then.
You might want to wait and look into: Brooklyn, La Cage Aux Folles, and others as well.

"My friends have made the story of my life." -Helen Keller

Mary_Ethel Profile Photo
Mary_Ethel
#3re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/6/04 at 4:08pm

Trivial Pursuit:

There was an Off-Broadway version of LITTLE WOMEN in the 1970s called JO!

Didn't last very long--forget who played Jo.

"I say YOU'RE the CUTEST one. No, I say YOU'RE the CUTEST One. And we go on like that from dawn to three."

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#4re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/6/04 at 5:19pm

really Mary? hmmm

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/6/04 at 5:31pm

Was the Producers one of the big hits you saw, because I would recommend that.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#6re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/6/04 at 5:40pm

I reccommend seeing Wicked...especially if Idina is there...she is a phenomenon in herself....
Beauty and the Beast is supposed to excellent right now too.

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

q_tip88 Profile Photo
q_tip88
#7re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/6/04 at 6:16pm

I've seen Wicked.
Idina and Kristin were both great! I think Idina might even be coming Toronto soon, so I'm waiting to buy tickets to see it again here! :)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#8re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/6/04 at 6:22pm

I've heard great reviews about Brooke in Beauty and the Beast, but it sucks that I don't hear about these trips! re: Little Women, The Musical

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#9re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/6/04 at 10:44pm

I am seeing Little Women in a week and a half! YAY! Super excited!

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#10re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 12:03am

Go see brooklyn

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#11re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 12:18am

I am seeing Little Women Oct. 16th, so I will have an opinion for you then. re: Little Women, The Musical

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

bdwybug55
#12re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 12:38am

I am very excited about Little Women and I hope it does well. The music that I have heard is nice and you can't go wrong with the cast. Sutton Foster and Maureen McGovern as well as the rest of the supporting cast. I am so excited that Ms. McGovern is finally getting an official opening night with a new show. I don't think you could go wrong with Little Women...but of course time will tell. I will be anxious to hear word from those that are seeing the tryout but of course I will wait to pass any judgment before I see it myself. La Cage will also be open by then and word is that the cast is fantastic.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#13re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 1:07am

oooh Maureen McGovern, queen of the diaster movie theme songs! she rox my sox!

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#14re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 2:13am

Go see Little Women and La Cage Aux Folles!

ElphieDefiesGravity
#15re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 10:53pm

Do you live in NC too, spider? I am going on the 16th too! Maybe I'll see you there! Is that you in your avatar? re: Little Women, The Musical Is the 16th opening night? I forget.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#16re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:03pm

That is Catherine Zeta Jones in my avatar re: Little Women, The Musical. I live in SC but I am going the 16th. I believe it opens this weekend. We are going to be watching the second showing.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#17re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:09pm

Previews begin the 13th.
Opening night is officially the 15th.

"My friends have made the story of my life." -Helen Keller

ElphieDefiesGravity
#18re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:12pm

I love Catherine Zeta-Jones. She is soooo gorgeous. Yes, it opens next week. I thought we were going to opening night, but I guess not. Oh well, I still can't wait! I have never seen Sutton Foster in anything before.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#19re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:13pm

I have never seen a known broadway star before. I am like a giddy 10 year old girl. EEEEEEK!!!

ElphieDefiesGravity
#20re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:18pm

EEEEEEEEEK!!!! Super excited!! And I will get to post my first ever review on BWW!
re: Little Women, The Musical

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#21re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:23pm

GASP. me too re: Little Women, The Musical (Well, about a show anyway)

ElphieDefiesGravity
#22re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:24pm

I hope we both have lots of good stuff to say about it!

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#23re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:26pm

me too

ElphieDefiesGravity
#24re: Little Women, The Musical
Posted: 10/7/04 at 11:27pm

re: Little Women, The Musical

AAAAAHHHHHH! Okay I HAVE to stop posting and go to sleep!!!!!

Videos