pixeltracker

So, what's the deal with Whoopi?

So, what's the deal with Whoopi?

gunther
#0So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 12:33pm

Anyone have an inside scoop on Whoopi? Is it selling? I haven't seen it yet... but wondering if it's expected to keep running.

btw... hi all (from a first timer)

MargoChanning
#1re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 12:44pm

She's doing about two-thirds attendance with heavy discounts, but she's said she intentionally wanted to keep her prices as low as possible so everybody could afford to see her (her top is only $75). She's kept costs to a minimum, so I'd bet she's even making a modest profit with those numbers. At this rate, she basically can run as long she wants to -- she should easily last out her limited engagement.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#2re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 12:45pm

I think what she's doing is great. The first two rows are $25 and open to anyone who wants to see it. All shows should follow her lead.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

gunther
#3re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 1:07pm

Thanks all. I guess the costs on this show are pretty minimal so she doesn't need to sell a high % of tickets to stay afloat.

Cheers!

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#4re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 1:18pm

I agree Matt.

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#5re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 1:41pm

Well, Matt, if all shows do that it would be near impossible to get tickets to Wicked - oh, no!

J/K

But seriously, it would be hard as hell to get tix to shows - and it already is now (so to speak).

"I've often said I should put sweets in my chair - they'd spend less time on my a** that way....." ~F.W.B.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#6re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 1:43pm

Clover, that makes no sense at all. How is setting aside a few rows of seats for $20 for people that can't afford $100 a bad thing?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

bwaymyway
#7re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 1:51pm

But so many more people would be buying tickets, and therefore it would be nearly impossible to just get up and go see a show...you'd have to book tickets months in advance.

but most of all i yearn to be astonishing...

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#8re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 1:52pm

This is a joke, right? Are you people honestly saying that having reasonably priced tickets to shows is a bad thing because "people would buy them?"

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#9re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 2:53pm

i certainly hope that's not what is being said.
every single show should have that availability.

these 2 opinions parallel feelings of our political views...

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#10re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 2:59pm

WHAT ARE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?????

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#11re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 11/23/04 at 3:06pm

robbie my dear. i assume what is being said is that all shows should not have some seats available for 25 bucks because they would make it harder to get tics...weird huh

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#12re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 12/19/04 at 12:52am

Whoopis show is wonderful. I sat in the second row center for $25.00. The late show on Saturday nights is alot of fun.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

CJR
#13re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 12/19/04 at 1:35am

First three rows are $25 for Whoopi. She gives a spectacular performance and if you have a chance, definitely catch the show.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#14re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 12/19/04 at 8:43am

The menopause section of her show had me in tears from laughing so hard.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#15re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 12/19/04 at 9:18am

I think her Fontaine character is great & have wondered what "he" would say of some of the things that have come to pass. Would dearly love to see this!

BROADWAYFAN3
#16re: So, what's the deal with Whoopi?
Posted: 12/19/04 at 9:22am

My partner loved it, I would have preferred if she did it as herself, rather than her other personalities. Don't yell at me, its my opinion. I love Woppi

Videos