Movin' Out

Wicked .. For Good
#0Movin' Out
Posted: 12/24/04 at 10:03pm

Has anybody seen the show? And is it worth seeing? My family wants to get tickets for it but I heard it wasn't worth it and I wanted other people's opinions. Thanks in advance!

"sing til you're breaking glass, or you're breaking down.."

goingagain
#1re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/24/04 at 10:25pm

I loved it. I love Billy Joel music though. I would go see it again given a chance. As long as you are a fan of the music and read the plotline in the Playbill, you will love it. The time we saw it, two of the main roles were understudies, and I cannot imagine it being any better with the regular cast members. I would definitely go!

My husband said "you didnt tell me we were going to a ballet, but it was great!" It has been called a rock ballet of sorts, but very good!

Wicked .. For Good
#2re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/24/04 at 10:28pm

sound's good =).

how's the storyline though, I heard it was just okay.

goingagain
#3re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/24/04 at 10:39pm

It shows the transition of a few characters through time. Starts out with two couples, one breaks up, another guy moves in on the girl who broke up with Eddie (I think), they go off to war, one dies, one comes back with problems facing reality and gets hooked on drugs, has a no care attitude about himself, but by the end he finds himself again. That may not be the best explanation, but the playbill really helps you to follow it, as there is no speaking, it is all done with dance interpretation to Joel's music, which is done very well. I hope that helps! My 17 year old loved it also and will go again.

Yankeefan007
#4re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/24/04 at 10:42pm

saw it like 3 times i think. its one of the best damn jukebox shows ive ever seen. i absolutely loved every single minute of it. p.s. they give u a synopsis in the playbill, along with the songs in each scene.

Wicked .. For Good
#5re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/24/04 at 10:44pm

sounds good. thank you so much!!

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#6re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/24/04 at 10:48pm

i saw it in chicago and on broadway. its definatly not a jukebox show. twayla has always wanted to do something with billys songs and it just happened that it came out around the same time as mamma mia. and now its a (gross) trend.

anyway, its amazing. go if you can.

ChicagoBwayFan Profile Photo
ChicagoBwayFan
#7re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/24/04 at 10:52pm

The storyline is terrible, but the band makes it a must see. Michael probably does a better job singing / performing Billy Joel songs than Billy Joel himself does.

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#8re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/25/04 at 12:02am

This is a wonderful show if you're looking for a exciting night out.

friesgirl Profile Photo
friesgirl
#9re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:27am

I just revisited this show (after seeing it before) and it was the best performance I have seen of it to date. BE SURE to catch Michael Cavanaugh and John Selya (he just IS Eddie to me) -- without either, the show is definitely lacking, and I speak from experience.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#10re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:30am

If you like Billy Joel's music and Twyla Tharp's choreography, you may like it. I'm not crazy about Joel, and can't stand Twyla, therefore it falls under my "worst" B'way experiences.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

check your personality Profile Photo
check your personality
#11re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/25/04 at 10:36am

Definitely see Movin' Out - very different kind of Broadway show, but very exciting and awesome at the same time. The dancers are so talented, they won't disappoint! Same with Michael Cavanaugh.

BwayTheatre11
#12re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/25/04 at 11:32am

I am seeing the national tour in Cleveland in February.

CCM '10!

Wicked .. For Good
#13re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/25/04 at 8:50pm

thanksss so much!

#14re: Movin' Out
Posted: 12/26/04 at 1:29am

I enjoyed Movin' Out but its not for everyone. I would compare it to watching a long music video... a lot more like a ballet than the average broadway show. If you like Billy Joel's music and you like dancing, you'll enjoy it.

Videos