London Shows?

#0London Shows?
Posted: 12/28/04 at 10:40pm

I am going to London over spring break, what do you recommend I see? The only for sure so far is We Will Rock You

apdarcey
#1re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/28/04 at 10:41pm

mary poppins, the woman in white

#2re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/28/04 at 10:43pm

is Mary Poppins good? I heard from a friend that it was wierd without the dancing penguins

kec Profile Photo
kec
#3re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/28/04 at 10:47pm

From what I understand, the show is based more on the original books than the film, although many songs from the film are used. A friend of mine saw it recently and loved it. The reviews for it are very good.

Another show to consider is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Great fun.

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#4re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 1:02am

i'm dying to see BILLY ELLIOT. previews begin 24 march.

RIP glebby <3

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#5re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 1:06am

I love that a lack of dancing penguins completely alienated your friend...

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#6re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 1:12am

haha. me too.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#7re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 1:20am

Emmybear, I'm in the same boat as you. I forgot about We Will Rock You - what's been the buzz on it? (I love me some Jason Wooten!) I'm also going for Billy Elliot, Chicago (if Brooke's in) and Woman in White.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

broadway_star_tomorrow Profile Photo
broadway_star_tomorrow
#8re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 2:20am

Jerry Springer

AKA Idina Pashmina

Type_A_Tiff: There's nothing hard about her. Broadway_star_tomorrow: Yeah. Her arteries.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#9re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 10:58am

Jerry springer hands down!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

Theatreboy33 Profile Photo
Theatreboy33
#10re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 11:02am

You have the options of Jerry Springer, Marry Poppins, the Woman in White, and THe Producers. ANd Billy Elliot depending on when you go...SO why would you garantee yourself We Will Rock you?? I guess if you like Queen that much...BUt many other great options.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#11re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 11:12am

Jerry Springer
Woman in White
Mary Poppins
Blood Brothers
Billy Elliot

I would only see We Will Rock You if it was severely discounted. I have not read one good thing about the show. Ever.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Loge Profile Photo
Loge
#12re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 2:30pm

I too think your top choice should be "Jerry Springer: The Opera". The subject matter may make you cringe (like it did I), but the score, book, and lyrics are most excellent. It is packed full of great tunes also.

"The Woman in White" and "Mary Poppins" would be my 2nd and 3rd choices.

"What the hell happened to you? You look like a Make-A-Wish Kid. You know, I just knew you were gonna bring shame on this new family of ours, and it just figures you had to go make yourself over into some heroin-shootin skate board chic on the only day E! could interview you!" - Cherry Cherry, on her daughter Mary Cherry

Daniel3
#13re: London Shows?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 5:08pm

If only you could go back in time a year or so and watch
Notre Dame de Paris
or
Whistle Down The Wind

No No NO
see Blood Brothers,

Videos