Favorite male diva?

belterboi Profile Photo
belterboi
#0Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 12:59pm

Who do ya love? So many fabulously(it's a new word I decided) talneted men out there...name some! They need some love too!!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#1re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:00pm

I love Davis Gaines.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

broadwayalto01 Profile Photo
broadwayalto01
#2re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:03pm

There are way too many..

Norm Lewis
Adam Pascal
Anthony Rapp

(by the way.. I think it's Divo)re: Favorite male diva?

Life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open... and then you run into the glass.... ~Connie and Carla

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#3re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:04pm

Harvey Fierstein

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

belterboi Profile Photo
belterboi
#4re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:06pm

OMG, Norm Lewis.......amazing

Feodor Sverdlov
#5re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:07pm

From the time I saw him in "Carnival", it has been Jerry Orbach.

scooter3843

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#6re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:08pm

Yeah, you know it. My man's a diva, and I love him for it.

... Adam Pascal.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

N0tThatGirl213 Profile Photo
N0tThatGirl213
#7re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:10pm

...what she said.

"A little humility wouldn't hurt." --Ellie, Constantine-Hellblazer, "Dangerous Habits"

LoringsGuy
#8re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:23pm

What's your definition of a "diva"? Aren't divas typically regarded as being temperamental or arrogant? I don't know that the men mentioned thus far have that reputation....well, except for Pascal.

If we're talking strictly about talented men, then I'd have to say Billy Porter springs to mind immediately.

Frankly, I hate how the word "diva" gets tossed around so casually. It's lost its meaning.

"Word of advice: Be who you are, wear what you want---just learn how to run real fast." Marc, UGLY BETTY

Feodor Sverdlov
#9re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:25pm

I agree with you about the word "diva".

scooter3843

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#10re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:26pm

Andre DeShields gave a Divaesque performance in "The Wiz". Especially when he sang "So you wanted to meet the Wizard". In that white jump suite...I was like...you go boy!

Just give the world Love.

N0tThatGirl213 Profile Photo
N0tThatGirl213
#11re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:26pm

That was a joke...I don't really think Adam is arrogant. Temperamental at times, maybe, but I think it's justified considering the amount of fangirl squealing he has to put up with...I was mostly talking about his rock star demeanor at his recent gigs.

"A little humility wouldn't hurt." --Ellie, Constantine-Hellblazer, "Dangerous Habits"

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#12re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:28pm

"Diva" really has lost its original meaning. But if we are going by today's overused fierceness measure of ability:

1. Billy Porter
2. Norm Lewis

and though Norm is one of the least feminine performers I have ever met, I'll still call him a diva, because when he sings...damn, I start throwing things!

I also love Jason Graae.

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.
Updated On: 12/30/04 at 01:28 PM

luvtheEmcee
#13re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:29pm

*nods*
It's just a joke. Adam has his moments, like anyone. He's usually very patient, and very nice... especially, like NTG said, considering what he puts up with. He likes to play around with his ego, but he's usually kidding, too. We just like to poke fun at him... someone used the word "reputation," and that's all it is. He's not really like that.

insomniak
#14re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:36pm

To your knowledge, anyway.

luvtheEmcee
#15re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:38pm

That's very true, but I've heard things from people who have worked with him. My mouth remains shut.

broadwayalto01 Profile Photo
broadwayalto01
#16re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 1:38pm

We should call the Divos

Life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open... and then you run into the glass.... ~Connie and Carla

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#17re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 2:04pm

What's your definition of a "diva"? Aren't divas typically regarded as being temperamental or arrogant? I don't know that the men mentioned thus far have that reputation....well, except for Pascal.

Well, from what I've gathered from a Harvey's recent interview, he's a diva.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#18re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 3:30pm

Nathan Lane

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#19re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 3:39pm

"but I think it's justified considering the amount of fangirl squealing he has to put up with..."

Oh please! What a horrible fate. Like he didn't sign up for that one.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#20re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 3:42pm

Haha. I like Rath. POOR Adam Pascal. Updated On: 12/30/04 at 03:42 PM

Jwaa
#21re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 3:47pm

Taye Diggs
Brian D'Arcy James

sorry Lippa's:'The Wild Party' is playing and i just love these two!!!

Mimi Imfurst
#22re: Favorite male diva?

Raul Esparza without a doubt.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

marincrazy11 Profile Photo
marincrazy11
#23re: Favorite male diva?

Stokes

"Did you know that if you take the first two vowels in Olive and rearrange them it spells I-Love?"-Spelling Bee "It's night like this that hotel bars were specifically made." Light In The Piazza

futurebroadwaystar1 Profile Photo
futurebroadwaystar1
#24re: Favorite male diva?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 3:50pm

My fave male divas are...
-Jeremy Kushnier
-Davis Gaines
-Brent Barrett

"With only so much time to spend, don't want to waste the time I'm given!" ~Tick Tick Boom

Videos