pixeltracker

Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway

Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#0Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:44am

well...i want to express how amazing she was in "wonderful town" its the best show ive seen on bway in a long time....with a hollywood star that can dance,sing,act,be a comedian and be at the same time one of the most beautiful women on earth.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl
#1re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:03am

not to mention she saved "wonderful town" to close in july 2004

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#2re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:03am

Related, are we?

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#3re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 7:09am

"The Bigget Star on Broadway"?! This is why some people shouldn't post before 7 o'clock in the morning.

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#4re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 7:55am

well she's certainly the tallest female...

iluvtheatertrash
#5re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:20am

Damn it, Albin. You beat me to it.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#6re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:39am

The Biggest star on Broadway in the worst revival on Broadway. Obviously, she didn't save it from closing, because it is.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#7re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:44am

Well, it's closing 6 months later than it was supposed to, so she sorta did save it. I honestly don't think she's that wonderful, but different strokes for different folks.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#8re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:50am

One of Bernstein's worst shows.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#9re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:57am

I saw yesterday's matinee and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not a great show by any stretch, but it was a pleasant way to spend 3 hours. I thought Brooke was terrific - a true musical comedy performance.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#10re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:39pm

I'm still sore that I wasted my time seeing Brooke's extremely sub-par performance instead of seeing Gem of the Ocean, which now I won't be able to see.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

Derek
#11re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:47pm

i loved the show...i saw it with donna though, but ive seen clips of brooke, she sounds and looks wonderful

muscle23ftl
#12re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:06pm

to whoever made negative comments.....i tell them all to go to hell...i wrote that before 7 am.....but i was totally sober and now i still think exactly the same....and yes...its closing after she did it for 6 months.....and they couldnt get another big star to replace her...and obviously no one wants to do it after Brooke got so many good reviews.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#13re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:06pm

Brooke Shields is triple threat.

Can't sing
Can't dance
Can't act

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#14re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:13pm

Well, pab, she was a passable dancer, I'll give her that at least.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

muscle23ftl
#15re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:22pm

pab....u r a hater!

Phantom Chicken Profile Photo
Phantom Chicken
#16re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:23pm

::shoot self::

"I think Harvey [Fierstein] wishes he were a black woman. I say he's the largest black woman in the show. I wish Harvey were straight, cuz I'd do him in a minute. I like big burly mother f***ers like him." ~Mary Bond Davis on Harvey Fierstein Thanks to Mistress @ spouzic.com

pab Profile Photo
pab
#17re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:33pm

"pab....u r a hater!"

Of the stunt casting, god awful in "Grease", can't act her way out of a paper bag, re-record the cast CDs that no one buys, not really a singer, only a passable dancer (thanks Priest) Ms. Shields?

I guess I'm guilty.

Now what?

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

muscle23ftl
#18re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:46pm

pab u didnt see her in "wonderful town" so u cant talk....she got excellent reviews from everyone....not saying that critics are always right...but everyone had good things to say about her...and by the way ...she was a in grease in 1994 ....we r in 2005

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#19re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:54pm

I hate people.

Pab, have you even seen Ms Shields in WT? You're an asshole if you can't make decisions for yourself, and base your opinion on what other people say. Maybe you should've seen her in the show, than make an opinion.

The critics and fans both agreed, Brooke's time has come! She will be just as good in Chicago, this Spring.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#20re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:03pm

First of all, how would any of you know if I did or did not see "Wonderful Town"?

Second, she did not get excellent reviews from everyone. Ask StickToPriest what he thought of her in the show or do real people's opinions not count?

Third, I know full well when she was in "Grease" and that does not change the fact that she sucked in it big time.

Fourth, you are the one that had dubbed her "the biggest star on Bway" and with that title comes some responsibility. I doubt that you will find many people on this board or elsewhere that will give her that title. She is mediocre at everything she does and I for one cannot see her anywhere near the same level as many of the real talented actors and actresses on Broadway. Is she capable? In some areas I will admit she can hold her own. Is she "the biggest star on Bway", HELL NO.

bentley
#21re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:06pm

I was at the matinee yesterday. While her singing left much to be desired, I thought Brooke was funny and charming. I was glad I was able to get to see the show before it closed.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#22re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:12pm

She isn't the "biggest" star on Broadway. Sure, she can carry a tune, is comedic, and can pull off the dancing skills. And sure she may be entertaining.

When I hear "Brooke Shields" I don't think Broadway star. I think TV and movie actress who happened to act in some musicals.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

BSoBW2
#23re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:13pm

I'll admit I haven't seen her - but the biggest "star" on b'way?

NO.

Hence my, ::shoots self:: post

pab Profile Photo
pab
#24re: Brooke Shields...the biggest star on Bway
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:20pm

The thing that I find funny is that I never mentioned "Wonderful Town" as the basis for my comments on Ms. Sheilds. I made my initial comments based on the outrageous title of this thread that calls her "the biggest star on Bway". NOTHING could be further from the truth. It's funny to me how defensive some people are if you don't care for someone they are ga ga over.

And, ljay889, before you start calling people names, you should have a look at the rules of this site.

Videos