New Wicked Tour Stops

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#0New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:29pm

Wicked- Philadelphia March 2006

Wicked- Ft. Lauderdale- February 8-19 I believe, 2006.

It's coming to Philly, yes! At the Kimmell center, suprisingly.

Joshua488
#1re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:37pm

Also:

December 7-18, 2005: HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT (The Bushnell)

It was not mentioned on WICKED's website, but The Bushnell has announced their 2005-2006 Broadway Series, which included WICKED.

Very excited!!

http://www.bushnell.org

timote316
#2re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:41pm

Toronto - March - April 24
Chicago - Apr 29 - June 12
LA - June 17 - July 31
SF - Aug 4 - Sept 11
Denver - Sept 15 - Oct 2
Dallas - Oct 5 - Oct 23
???
Hartford - Dec 7 - Dec 18
???
Fort Lauderdale - Feb 8- Feb 19, 2006
Philadelphia March 22 - ?

Did they announce the dates in the middle? I can't remember Updated On: 2/24/05 at 03:41 PM

BwayTheatre11
#3re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:41pm

Geez...all of these cities and none in Ohio? Cincinnati, Columbus, and Cleveland are pretty big cities. Stephanie said they will not be in Ohio for her leg of the tour.

CCM '10!

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#4re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:45pm

Do you think Stephanie will be in Philly? It's about afdter a year, so it may even be her last city, I predict.

timote316
#5re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:45pm

Yeah, skipping those cities is somewhat surprising.

If its in Hartford the week before Christmas, I'd be willing to bet it'll be in Boston for Christmas and New Year's. Yay!

Aaron27 Profile Photo
Aaron27
#6re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:49pm

I can see it playing at the new Opera House in Boston. That would be fantastic

timote316
#7re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 3:52pm

I heard a rumor that the Opera House was going to host Wicked, I can't remember where I heard it tho. That would be an ideal venue, tho.

BwayTheatre11
#8re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 4:03pm

Stephanie said she was signed on for one year.

CCM '10!

ElTico68 Profile Photo
ElTico68
#9re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 7:43pm

Geez... who knows when we'll ever get it in Seattle... Lion King finally got here in December.

Happy, smile! Sad, frown! Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion! - Kate (Meg Ryan), French Kiss

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#10re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 7:45pm

Yay for Ft Lauderdale!

Merrydothe Profile Photo
Merrydothe
#11re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 7:48pm

Philly! YES!!!

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#12re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 7:54pm

woo hoo- philly! the kimmel center definately seems large enough to accomidate the tech aspects of the show (never been inside yet but just from looking at the damn building)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Razz77 Profile Photo
Razz77
#13re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 8:05pm

I would maybe anticipate a Washington/Baltimore area stop for one of the still-unannounced slots, unless they think Philadelphia is close enough...

zbigner
#14re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 8:14pm

My money's on Houston for the the 2 or 3 weeks after Dallas. It makes geographic sense and TUTS, which shares the theatre with the Clear Channel owned - Broadway Series, is putting their Fall show on during the Dallas Wicked dates, so the theatre should be open.

Pass it on - Take a kid to a show.

#15re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 8:16pm

The Hippodrome will snap that up as soon as it can when they allow it to come to the baltimore area.

But it is not always that the cities are big enough, sometimes the theaters they have are too crapola for a show the size of a Wicked or a Lion King per say.

ElTico68 Profile Photo
ElTico68
#16re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 8:24pm

Well... I think Seattle has two very nice large theaters, the 5t and the Paramount... though the 5th produces most their own shows. They do host tours... and pre-B'way shows, i.e. Hairspray. I don't really understand why it takes so long for us to get these shows.

Happy, smile! Sad, frown! Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion! - Kate (Meg Ryan), French Kiss

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#17re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 8:36pm

I think The Lion King was some kind of special circumstance. Generally, we get the big shows pretty soon. I've heard rumors about the show coming to Seattle, but neither Paramount or 5th Ave (the only theatres big enough to house it) have announced their seasons yet. Fifth announces sometime soon. February 27 or 28, I believe. Check www.seattleactor.com, and they'll have a season announcement up soon.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

bostonbroadwayfan
#18re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 9:49pm

Wicked at the Opera House would be wicked pissah:)
A little Boston slang there.

Updated On: 2/24/05 at 09:49 PM

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#19re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 10:01pm

Seriously? Oprah House?

I think if they don't hit Seattle around the same time as SF, then it's unlikely that it'll come until next spring. re: New Wicked Tour Stops Isn't 5th Ave smaller than Paramount?

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

MissNY
#20re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/24/05 at 11:38pm

Yay, finally some tour stops close enough to New York that I can think about going to. Even if it is a year away...

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#21re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 12:21am

I think stage-size they're about the same. Paramount may be a bit bigger. Capacity-wise, Paramount is bigger by 500 seats or something. Paramount is huge. You can't see anything from the balcony. It's a travisty when shows like Urinetown come there and I have to sit in the top balcony in order to afford seeing it. Bah.

Tiff, you from Seattle?

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#22re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:10am

I don't know how this changes things, but the Chicago run was just extended well into July.

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

commasplice
#23re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:12am

Where did you hear this?

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#24re: New Wicked Tour Stops
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:19am

From the box office of the theatre it's playing at. I just got tickets to it. It is already completely sold out in Chicago.

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

Videos