pixeltracker

Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?

Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?

SuttonBebeFaith
#0Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 3:33am

So sorry BroadwayBaby....I missed yours! But thanks!

And what about Elaine?

And Broadwaylady...here's a little ditty for ya:

#2356 Get A Clue

Love nonAndy

Updated On: 12/23/03 at 03:33 AM

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
#1re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 3:44am

For pure golden tones in the voice, every time I hear Linda Eder I feel a tingle in my spine - and, although her acting is nothing more than adequate, I loved her in J & H and joined in the standing ovation which literally stopped the show when she sang "A New Life".

But for all round total star quality - comic timing, vocal brilliance that combines electrifying power with heartbreaking pathos, dramatic subtlety and immense stage presence, the Queen of modern musical theater is undoubtedly BERNADETTE PETERS.

THEATRE 2020: CURTAINS**** LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS***** WICKED***** KEITH RAMSAY TAKING NOTES WITH EDWARD SECKERSON***** KAYLEIGH MCKNIGHT CONCERT***** RAGS***** ON MCQUILLAN'S HILL** DEAR EVAN HANSEN***** THE JURY***

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#2re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 3:57am

i second that.

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

Juliette Capulet
#3re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 4:02am

Julie Hanson

Bonnes fêtes,
Juliette Capulet

DonnaMurphyRocks Profile Photo
DonnaMurphyRocks
#4re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 5:03am

I can't remember her name right now but she's done a lot of good shows, like one was called "Something Something" with whats-his-name and another one was called just plain "Something." She rocks!

"My little boy's home from the Big House!" - Angela Lansbury, Blue Hawaii

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#5re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 7:28am

Bea Lillie & Ethel Waters.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

Deena Jones2
#6re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 7:35am

Harvey Fierstein!

zannafan Profile Photo
zannafan
#7re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 9:00am

I really love Carolee Carmello. Her voice is stellar. Also, I love Julia Murney, Idina and Kristin, Kerry Butler, and let me not forget the AMAZING Sherie Rene Scott. I don't know about the rest of ya, but I am DEFINITELY due for a new recording with her on it. But she's pregnant, so that's ok. Good luck with the baby, Sherie and Kurt.
Nick

A ripple on the edge can be a tidal wave; no matter what the size. Anything can be, depending how you see when you're looking at the world with brand new eyes. ---Prodigal

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 9:19am

Zannafan, I agree about Carolee Carmello - her voice is outstanding. (Love Kristin too!)

THEATRE 2020: CURTAINS**** LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS***** WICKED***** KEITH RAMSAY TAKING NOTES WITH EDWARD SECKERSON***** KAYLEIGH MCKNIGHT CONCERT***** RAGS***** ON MCQUILLAN'S HILL** DEAR EVAN HANSEN***** THE JURY***

robyn525600
#9re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 9:42am

Idina Menzel

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#10re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 9:50am

Bernadette Peters
Audra McDonald
Kristin Chenoweth
Idina Menzel
Mary Martin
Chita Rivera
Julie Andrews
Carolee Carmello
Louise Pitre

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Updated On: 12/23/03 at 09:50 AM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#11re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 9:51am

Donna Murphy wins for best all-around versatility. Then I'd have to go with Audra McDonald, Betty Buckley and Patti LuPone.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

TheBalladeer Profile Photo
TheBalladeer
#12re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 10:22am

I would have to go with Bernadette Peters, Linda Eder, Audra McDonald, Kerry Butler, and Betty Buckley.

"Someone tell the story...Someone sing the song...."

mamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
#13re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 10:36am

Roberta Flack

BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged

broadwayguy2
#14re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 10:40am

Nathan Lane

sheekala
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 10:49am

Harvey gets my vote.

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum Bring gloom down to the minimum Have faith or pandemonium's Liable to walk upon the scene

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 11:03am

Broadwaylady!!!!!!!!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#17re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 11:04am

I'll have to agree with Carolee. She's incredible in Urinetown. Bernadette, yes, and Idina singing-wise, but not acting-wise. Can Madeline Kahn also be considered a Broadway lady?

TheaterBaby
#18re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 11:21am

Madeline Kahn can defintely be considered in this category. She's an all-around legend if you ask me. Great in televison, movies, and theatre! And certainly taken from us too soon. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY? I think she would have been a good Mama Rose. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

bernadette88
#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 11:21am

Bernadette Peters...without a doubt!
I also love Kristin...she is so gorgeous!!

TheaterBaby
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 11:45am

I've changed my icon picture yet again re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY? lol
This thread made me think of Madeline Kahn, so my new pic is in honor of her. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 12:17pm

I would have loved to see her play Rose. I know she had the classical voice, but it would have been amazing to hear her really belt some of those songs.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#22re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 1:18pm

Sutton, Idina, and Bernadette!

Deena Jones2
BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#24re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Who's your favorite BROADWAY LADY?
Posted: 12/23/03 at 1:44pm

Idina Menzel

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...