Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:22pm

Whos ready??? I know I am.

Billy Crocker - Gavin Creel
Hope Harcourt - Sutton Foster
Bonnie - Kristin Chenoweth
Moonface - Mark Kudisch
Reno - Bernadette Peters
Mrs. Harcourt - Patti Lupone

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Gothampc
#1re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:24pm

Patti LuPone would never play Mrs. Harcourt. Bernadette doesn't have the belt to sell Reno.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#2re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:25pm

I don't think you'll see Marc & Kristin on the same stage together anytime soon.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#3re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:25pm

Oh, I think Bernadette could easily pull off a Tony caliber perfomance of Reno...

I was just trying to include Lupone...

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

#4re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:27pm

Bernadette is a bit long in the tooth to be Reno, isn't she? She's supposedly a love interest for both Billy and sir Evelyn. And Bonnie is a pretty teeny role for KC. Since Reno is supposedly a Christian revivalist who hangs out with sinners, how about KC for that?

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#5re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:28pm

Carolee Carmello for Reno

MargoChanning
#6re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:28pm

Well, Bernadette has done Rose and Annie Oakley (though she wasn't great as either IMO), so HEY, why not Reno?

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Gothampc
#7re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:29pm

The role of Reno needs a whale of a belt. You can't do "Blow Gabriel Blow" unless you belt the roof off the theater.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#8re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:31pm

It was just revived at Lincoln Center a few years ago starring Patti Lupone and then Mitzi Gaynor on tour.

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#9re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:34pm

The LuPone revival was 18 years ago.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

melissa errico fan
#10re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:35pm

They did a one night revival 3 years ago.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#11re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:35pm

Bernadette is a year older than Patti, so I think the idea of her playing Reno is stretching it.

I think Audra McDonald would make a wonderful Reno Sweeney.

The 2002 Lincoln Center performance with Patti was just a one-night concert presentation.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

hannahshule Profile Photo
hannahshule
#12re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:36pm

Rachel York for Reno

~And let us try, before we die, to make some sense of life~

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#13re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:37pm

Right, but that wasn't really a "revival", MEF.

melissa errico fan
#14re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:38pm

Does anybody else think Carolee would make a good Reno?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#15re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:38pm

I would like to see Sara Ramirez tackle Reno.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#16re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:40pm

"I would like to see Sara Ramirez tackle Reno."

In Jello.

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#17re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:41pm

Before you all go hog wild with this...The 2006 Broadway Bound Anything Goes Revival (Trevor Nunn production) has been cancelled. I saw the production in London and hated it. It had a cast of 40, an orchestra of 20 (some of whom were on stage) and played like a high school production of Grand Hotel-way too many people were crowding the stage. The Reno of the London production, British musical theatre "star" Mary Ann Triplett, would not have made the chorus in any Broadway production, not to mention Off-Broadway productions.

I saw Rachel York play Reno in LA a few years ago and she was perfect for the role.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#18re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:41pm

Matt G, are you serious???????? I think I need to take some geritol and lay down.

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

Gothampc
#19re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:54pm

Maria Freidman as Reno. It's about time Broadway starts hearing more from her.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#20re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 6:02pm

Natasha Richardson as Reno re: Anything Goes Revival

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#21re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 6:04pm

I think Carolee would be great as Reno. But then, I think Carolee would be great singing the phonebook.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#22re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 6:11pm

Carolee would be a fabulous Reno true!

I saw Dee Hoty do it a few years back and she was great.

hannahshule Profile Photo
hannahshule
#23re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 6:20pm

Broadwaybaby6- I saw Rachel as Reno too, she was totally perfect for the role!

~And let us try, before we die, to make some sense of life~

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#24re: Anything Goes Revival
Posted: 4/14/05 at 6:34pm

Reno Sweeny - Rachel York
Billy Crocker - David Elder
Evelyn Oakly - John Barrowman
Hope Harcourt - Ruthie Henshall
Bonnie Latour - Jane Krakowski (doing heaven hop)
Moon Face Martin - Nathan Lane

Perfect cast except maybe Ruthie (i just love her to peices)... i think Gavin would be good but he is still too young...... I also think they should use the 60's version i think it is sweeter and cuter then the god aweful 80's revival.....

also side comment I think it depnds what night you saw Bernadette do Rose because i saw it 5 times 3/5 were AMAZING and eveyrthign Momma Rose should be and 2/5 she was just pulling through the show...

Videos