Spamalot CD???

Quasi
#0Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 6:30am

Is it worth getting the CD? I have seen that the running time is rather short, about 45 minutes. Is that true? Can somebody who already knows the CD tell something about it? I want to buy Little Women and Spamalot or The Light in the Piazza. So which one would you recommend? Spamalot oder Light in the Piazza???

Greetings from Germany Spamalot CD???

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#1re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 7:07am

Hi Quasi, the running time for the Spam cd is 52 minutes. I think it's worth getting just to listen to Sara Ramirez sing but it's a funny cd that will make you laugh. I really like it, I hope you will, too! I have the Little Women cd but have only listened to the first few tracks. I'd say that you should only get it if you're a fan of Sutton Foster or Maureen McGovern. And I haven't seen Light in the Piazza yet but I've heard wonderful things about the music. Hope I helped!

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#2re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 8:54am

The light in the Piazza has a beautiful score I do find the Spamamlot music funny (though it is hampered because I did not enjoy the show) but if I were buying just one I'd go with TLITP. Ramierez is very, very good though her songs sound spectacular on disc. I already have Spamalot and Little Women and will get Piazza.

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

QuiteSo Profile Photo
QuiteSo
#3re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 9:02am

Speaking of the CD, has anyone ordered it online and gotten it yet? Or have they just been selling it in the theatre in advance?

Merrily we roll along, roll along...

Wax Lion Profile Photo
Wax Lion
#4re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 9:18am

Buy the cast recording.

Love,
Wax Lion

Quasi
#5re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 9:27am

Thanks everybody. Unfortuantely Spamalot isn't available before friday in the only German musicalshop, so I have to wait but I will go for Little Women. re: Spamalot CD???

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#6re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 9:36am

I got the CD, and I'm in love with it. I didn't think I would be, but it's great!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#7re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 9:52am

the cd releases (Spamalot) tomorrow, May 3rd........from Borders, Barnes and Noble, etc......

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#8re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 9:55am

Emcee-You love the Spam cd?! Yay! Doesn't Sara sound heavenly? I swear, I have the biggest girl crush on her!

sorry for threadjacking!

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

sallyfan101 Profile Photo
sallyfan101
#9re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:19am

I want to get the cd

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#10re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:23am

I thought it came out the 18th. I'm stoked, buying it tomorrow!

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

riv
#11re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 10:40am

If you live in New York, J&R Music World will have it for $12.99. I believe Tower is charging $13.99.

Ladyofthe Lake Profile Photo
Ladyofthe Lake
#12re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/2/05 at 11:32am

I picked it up at the theatre on the 23rd (and thereby overpaid for it, but I didn't care!), and I just love it. Although I actually thought almost everyone sounded better live than on the CD, the more I listen to it, the more I'm enjoying it. And having the song lyrics is wonderful, even though generally everyone enunciates well.

Lots of fun!

Quasi
#13re: Spamalot CD???
Posted: 5/3/05 at 2:00pm

So I didn't get Spamalot, it is available on friday but I got today Little Women. I was surprised that Astonishing gives me nothing after several times I have listened to it. But in fact I love Days of Plenty. It gives me chills and is really moving. Thats worth the CD. Excuse my strange English.
Greetings from Germany re: Spamalot CD???

Videos