pixeltracker

Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon

Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#0Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:18am

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/92908.html

Interesting that the list of parts they'll soon be casting at the listed sessions does not include this narrator figure. I suppose that really doesn't mean they've absolutely got someone; they could have an actor in mind, or maybe they've done away with the part altogether, since it also says Tarzan will sing, and needs a pop/rock voice.

I thought they'd be mobilizing this for the '06/'07 season, but we'll see. If they're going for late '05, Adam's probably going to be a bit busy - so maybe those rumors that they wanted him so badly that they were willing to wait based on his schedule just aren't true.

We shall see...
Thoughts? Casting ideas?
Discuss.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 5/12/05 at 11:18 AM

RYANWOODS Profile Photo
RYANWOODS
#1re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:34am

weird they are doing Tarzan - not a Disney great in my mind compared to the others out. I thought Little Mermaid was next anyway as Stephan Mear is going out to NY to discuss the show

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:37am

Adam Pascal played the part of the Narrator in all the readings and Matthew Morrison has long said he's going to play the title character, so its not that surprising to me that this project has been put on the fast track.

From what I understand, LITTLE MERMAID was pushed back after Matthew Bourne left the project -- that piece is going to need an incredibly strong director with a pretty brilliant concept if its going to work.

kitkatgirl54 Profile Photo
kitkatgirl54
#3re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:38am

i really thought if they were going to do a Disney show with a male lead they would do Aladdin or Hurcules .. hmm...

luvtheEmcee
#4re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:38am

Yes, but the article says they're working on casting Tarzan; that may mean Matt Morrison is no longer with the project. re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Curious...

kitkatgirl54
#5re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:39am

they had EPAs for Little Mermaid last week. so apparently it is still in the works.

Chrysanthemum62001
#6re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:40am

Very interesting in deed. Oh, I would sure love to see Adam in a loin cloth...

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee
#7re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:41am

If he does do it, he's not the one in the loincloth, alas.
I don't care what he wears - I just want him on stage again.

Nice avatar, Chrys. re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#8re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:41am

stick with their workshop cast, and I'll be the first one flying from UK to see the show!
My CHICAGO the musical group!!!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#9re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:43am

EPAS are required by Equity, even when the roles have already been cast....

Lots of times people who do the workshops actually have in their contract first refusal if the project goes to Broadway. I'm sure at least some of that workshop cast of TARZAN will end up in the Broadway incarnation.
Updated On: 5/12/05 at 11:43 AM

Chrysanthemum62001
#10re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:44am

Thanks.

No Adam in loin cloth. Me sad. re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee
#11re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:45am

But Adam in musical = re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon!!!!
(Adam and Raúl working on Broadway at the same time = me dead... and broke.)

I'm getting ahead of myself, though...

Updated On: 5/12/05 at 11:45 AM

kitkatgirl54
#12re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:47am

i didn't mean that the roles might change, I meant that they are obviously still working on Little Mermaid if they are having EPAs. with or without a director, i guess.

[edit: Zambello was supposed to direct Little Mermaid after Bourne stepped out .. is that still happening?] Updated On: 5/12/05 at 11:47 AM

ruthiefan_felix
#13re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:48am

Raul, Matthew AND Adam working on Broadway the same time.... I'm swimming across the ocean RIGHT NOW!

luvtheEmcee
#14re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 11:50am

SWIM, ruthie!!!

ruthiefan_felix
#15re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 12:01pm

this is totally random, but just now when i read 'SWIM', I thought it was a short form for sth and I thought what was Emcee trying to say??? was it 'swiftly IM me?' or 'swiftly check IM' so I scroll up and check whether there is an IM. None. And I think and I think... S.W.I.M... erm... SWIM.... swim....oh SWIM!!! swim... from swimming! God! Random, but I WAS a dumb ass wasn't I? Random, thank you!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#16re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 12:06pm

KitKatGirl - I'm pretty sure Zambello is still attached to direct THE LITTLE MERMAID.

I also think it's great for Matt Morrison. Come on...him wearing practically nothing, swinging from vines...probably over the audience so that people can try and take a little peek up :druels:

Also...I heard that Laura Bell Bundy worked on the workshops as Jane. I wonder if this will be her next musical.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

ruthiefan_felix
#17re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 12:13pm

on my way swimming back to Hong Kong to grap a camera!.... Matthew without a shirt and flying over us *drowning...* *turns on motor!!!!*

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#18re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 12:16pm

I still think this is a really strange choice for Disney's next film. The movie didn't do all that well. It just sounds so cheesy to me! That said, if Matt Morrison ends up being Tarzan in all his hotness, chessy or not, I'm there. Ha!

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

Up In Won
#19re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 12:16pm

I heard the same thing about LBB. Wasn't there an interview with either her, or maybe Matt a little while ago on here, or Playbill? I'll look fo rit later, I have to do work.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

luvtheEmcee
#20re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 12:20pm

Yeah, I think she was in the workshop.

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 12:50pm

Another one...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=3179

They've got a bit of the former AIDA creative team on board, too - David Henry Hwang for book, Bob Crowley...

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#22re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 1:18pm

This will be a tough show to sit through - a hot, young, buff, talented actor running and swinging around the stage in nothing but a skimpy loincloth.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#23re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 1:57pm

I have said it when the workshop took place and I will say it again, if Adam and Matt share the same stage, I am moving to New York for as long as they are in the show ! And luv, yes, they are auditioning for Tarzan, but could be for the understudy !

luvtheEmcee
#24re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon
Posted: 5/12/05 at 1:58pm

I hope he does it! We can go every day!! Well, every other day before CCBB's cast changes. re: Disney's TARZAN aims for '05/'06 season, casting soon

Videos